Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

What other themes do you think will rise due to LEGO making more adult-oriented sets?

Someone posted an image of the minifigs out of box on Instagram

Edited by LostKnight

21 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

What other themes do you think will rise due to LEGO making more adult-oriented sets?

Is it the image that has been spreading for quite a while now? The one where Lucas is holding the purple wizard hat to the right? 

30 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

I'd love to see displays of the major Houses from Game of Thrones, also I'd love to see something from the early days of the Walking Dead. But both of those are way too mature for LEGO to ever consider

Maybe something from the Marvel Netflix shows? But again that's not too likely considering they've all been cancelled

Chances are they'll only branch out to mature films/shows that have themes that suit a younger audience. So anything with minimal swearing/gore/sex/drugs

15 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Is it the image that has been spreading for quite a while now? The one where Lucas is holding the purple wizard hat to the right? 

Yeah, I still am not a fan of Lucas's hair piece

1 hour ago, LostKnight said:

Yeah, I still am not a fan of Lucas's hair piece

I get what you mean, but given the choice between the Finn afro hair and newly designed bandanna, I prefer that they went with the bandanna. At least it represents the character more than generic hair. In a perfect world they would have made a new mould, but also in a perfect world they would make LEGO sets for every single film/TV show I love :iamded_lol:

Lego just revealed the car and Hopper in a little teaser video on Facebook :wub:

2 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Lego just revealed the car and Hopper in a little teaser video on Facebook :wub:

Just saw this! Very sneaky of them

16 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Here's the embed:

Here's the updated info on the Facebook event:

59729553_10156516091603403_1655718757420

Something STRANGE is happening at the LEGO Store Leicester Square...
ALL to be revealed at midnight, Wednesday 15th May 00.01 - 03.00.

LEGO invites you to the midnight opening:

• Be the first in Europe to see and buy the new set
• Meet the LEGO Designer, Justin Ramsden and get the set signed
• Netflix and Build - take part in a special building experience
• Hang out and engage with fans of LEGO bricks and one of the
most popular Netflix series
• Enjoy some “totally tubular” refreshments
• Last but not least… dress to impress! Show your best 80’s swag!

Some useful “How-To” for you to plan your trip accordingly:

-How much does the set cost?
-The set price will be £179,99.

-How big is the set?
-It measures over 12” (32cm) tall, 17” (44cm) wide and 8” (21cm) deep.

-How can I guarantee an access to the event?
-The event is limited to 400 participants who wish to purchase the set. Wristbands will be provided on the day, confirming your full access to the event. The store will have capacity for additional participants to attend, but there will be no guarantee on sets being signed

-How many sets can I purchase and get signed during the event?
-The number of sets and signatures for this event is 2 per person.
Only the sets will be signed! Just saying...

Edited by icm

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's the embed:

-snip-

I like that retro feel and look of the ad as if it's really from the 80's

"• Netflix and Build - take part in a special building experience"

What does that mean? I hope it's not one of those exclusive bags with instructions like what they used to do with Toys R Us back in the day with movie releases (the Jurassic World gate for instance) - those had exclusive stickers and sometimes even prints

Edited by Puresh

Just seen a picture of all the Stranger Things minifigures (out of the box and constructed) and it looks like Will and Lucas both have new hair pieces! Lucas has the goggles and Will has a bowl cut, which are both really accurate. Its good to see that Lego are willing to invest even more new molds into this set. 

17 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Just seen a picture of all the Stranger Things minifigures (out of the box and constructed) and it looks like Will and Lucas both have new hair pieces! Lucas has the goggles and Will has a bowl cut, which are both really accurate. Its good to see that Lego are willing to invest even more new molds into this set. 

What goggles? Isn't that just his camo headband?

nerd-league-lucas.jpg?w=950

4 minutes ago, incognito said:

What goggles? Isn't that just his camo headband?

My mistake, yes it is. The picture isn't the highest quality and it has been a while since I've seen the series. 

I also think the new hairpiece for Will could be used for a lot of other characters, maybe as a replacement for the hairpiece that always used for Young Anakin in Phantom Menace. 

34 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Just seen a picture of all the Stranger Things minifigures (out of the box and constructed) and it looks like Will and Lucas both have new hair pieces!

Lucas' hairpiece is just the bald head/ bandanna piece moulded in green and black. Will does look to have a new hairpiece which is nice.

On 5/8/2019 at 5:30 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's the embed:

So what theme/set is that other black car from?

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote videos

34 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

It’s supposed to be Billy’s car from series 2 I reckon. Don’t think it’s from anything 

8 hours ago, LostKnight said:

I don’t know, but I’m reminded of a poll they ran a few years ago in which they asked, among other things, about various entertainment franchises and our levels of interest in them, and/or which ones we wanted to see in LEGO or thought would make good LEGO themes. I don’t remember most of them, other than that most of them were at least somewhat family-friendly properties of the sorts we’re accustomed to seeing in LEGO (and I suspect several of them have since gone on to appear in LEGO, though I again I don’t recall them specifically). One did jump out and stick in my mind, though, because I was so surprised it was even on the list at all, and that’s Alien. At the time, I assumed it was one they’d never do, and that it was just mentioned there to help them get an idea of the kinds of things AFOLs like.

I did see a recent article about some of the more adult-oriented cameos and references in The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, in which it was reiterated that LEGO doesn’t do R-rated properties (and hence, that of the

multiple time-travel franchises

represented in that one sequence, a couple were indeed LEGO licenses but most weren’t, and at least a couple of them “never” would be due to their kid-unfriendly natures). But now we have this thing, which edges closer to R-rated material than I would once have imagined LEGO would ever dare, and I think about how cool LEGO Alien could really be; we’ve seen lots of beautiful MOCs from the franchise over the years already...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

1 hour ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Pretty sure it's a "Smokey and the Bandit" Pontiac Trans-Am, which seems especially apparent from the front.

MOVIE%2013.jpg

Huh, perhaps it's an upcoming 2020 Speed Champions set?! :oh:

17 hours ago, Puresh said:

"• Netflix and Build - take part in a special building experience"

What does that mean? I hope it's not one of those exclusive bags with instructions like what they used to do with Toys R Us back in the day with movie releases (the Jurassic World gate for instance) - those had exclusive stickers and sometimes even prints

I thought perhaps Netflix would be there filming people building the set there and then and would add it as a special once Season 3 launched.

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Pretty sure it's a "Smokey and the Bandit" Pontiac Trans-Am, which seems especially apparent from the front.

MOVIE%2013.jpg

Huh, perhaps it's an upcoming 2020 Speed Champions set?! :oh:

The car from the promo video is very very similar to lichtbleu's Trans-Am:

1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SE Bandit 06

I think Lego through it's future history will continue a trend upwards of accepting more and more adult themes. They'll probably never go full adult crazy. But I'd like to imagine a LEGO of the future that could do themes like Game of Thrones ;).

I'm tempted by this set...