Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Just now, Vonsek said:

Not sure how to notify the mods, but is there someway we can stop the people requesting / sharing the leaked images?. Sorry, new to EB.

Maybe lock the thread as a whole.

Too late for that now, the images are all over IG now. 

Don't expect to drive to your closest Lego store to pick up a D2C day one any time soon because of this though...

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

Holy c-rap, that looks amazing!

Also, f*ck teaser culture and the lack of Steve!

Honestly? The biggest reason I'm excited for this is that LEGO has build a bridge to Netflix, which could result in new Avatar: The Last Airbender sets!!!

sets based on what some people might say is the best animated show to grace nickelodeon - oh yesss please

Just now, TheGlynreaper said:

sets based on what some people might say is the best animated show to grace nickelodeon - oh yesss please

We already got sets based off of the show a long time ago and they sold terribly

2 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Too late for that now, the images are all over IG now. 

Don't expect to drive to your closest Lego store to pick up a D2C day one any time soon because of this though...

why is it due to pre-order madness

Just now, TheGlynreaper said:

why is it due to pre-order madness

Did you read the image Vonsek posted?

People who aren’t trustworthy with leaked images always ruin it for those of us who are. It’s getting really frustrating. 

1 minute ago, TheGlynreaper said:

I read it I still don't get the problem just deleted the messages/posts that share or request the leaks

The problem is people posted it all over IG and now there will be consequences for the Lego community as a whole, and leaks will be even harder to come by. Also, now Lego stores will likely not get early shipments of sets so there’s a big chance that a lot of stores won’t have the stock on release day

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

There are no consequences for the lego community. Sets will still come out as normal and press releases will be the same. The fact that people think that not getting leaks are consequences says enough imo. 

It's also funny that leakers on instagram blame other people who posted the box image of the stranger things set for their 10 minutes of fame while their whole account is based on getting fame for (re)posting leaks. 

but really we had leaks of the steamboat willie and flintstones sets too but they were released on time

we need verification from the lego group themselves

Edited by TheGlynreaper

If Lego seriously didn't want this to leak then they shouldn't have shipped it early. I feel like this happens nearly every time.

This is why you do an official reveal weeks before releasing the set. There's always going be at least one employee that can't resist snapping a picture.

1 minute ago, strangely said:

This is why you do an official reveal weeks before releasing the set. There's always going be at least one employee that can't resist snapping a picture.

This^ they’re revealing it the day of release. That’s cool and all, but I don’t really see why that’s a good move on their part

for one, the set is obviously gonna leak somehow. For another, it’s gonna sell terribly on release because no one in the general audience knows it’s coming! For another, we won’t actually get official word on whether it actually releases May 15th, until May 15th

1 minute ago, strangely said:

If Lego seriously didn't want this to leak then they shouldn't have shipped it early. I feel like this happens nearly every time.

I do agree with you on this. I don't see a single reason why Lego couldn't just reveal the set on May 1st, one day before they ship it out to all Lego stores across the world. The "reveal and release on the same day" tactic failed completely with the James Bond car too 

2 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I do agree with you on this. I don't see a single reason why Lego couldn't just reveal the set on May 1st, one day before they ship it out to all Lego stores across the world. The "reveal and release on the same day" tactic failed completely with the James Bond car too 

The release of the Aston Martin failed miserably, hardly anyone even knew it was coming. Let’s just hope it doesen’t happen again with the Stranger things set.

4 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

This^ they’re revealing it the day of release. That’s cool and all, but I don’t really see why that’s a good move on their part

for one, the set is obviously gonna leak somehow. For another, it’s gonna sell terribly on release because no one in the general audience knows it’s coming! For another, we won’t actually get official word on whether it actually releases May 15th, until May 15th

May 15th is the VIP release I think

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

The release of the Aston Martin failed miserably, hardly anyone even knew it was coming. Let’s just hope it doesen’t happen again with the Stranger things set.

Welp, for normal consumers, this set will be an even bigger surprise than the 007 set. At least Lego teased that one for weeks on their social media accounts...

We only have one single teaser for Stranger Things and even that was only sent via email to VIP members, not posted on any social media and even then it's cryptic as hell

Edited by Puresh

10 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Welp, for normal consumers, this set will be an even bigger surprise than the 007 set. At least Lego teased that one for weeks on their social media accounts...

We only have one single teaser for Stranger Things and even that was only sent via email to VIP members, not posted on any social media and even then it's cryptic as hell

Yeah, the set is going to fail on its VIP Release date. Not many even covered the image of Dustin with the demogorgan. 

they need to officially reveal it as soon as possible

even a lot of stranger things fans who are not really into lego may get the set

I feel it will sell really well if given the proper attention

1 hour ago, TheGlynreaper said:

*Based on the Netflix live action remake created by the OG creators of the show.

25 minutes ago, Puresh said:

It was posted on Facebook two days before the email as the photo for the store event at Leicester Square.

26 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

May 15th is the VIP release I think

Yeah, that’s correct, however that’s still just leaked info and there’s a small chance it’s not true. Lego haven’t announced a VIP release for May other than Tantive IV

9 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

they need to officially reveal it as soon as possible

even a lot of stranger things fans who are not really into lego may get the set

I feel it will sell really well if given the proper attention

I feel like a lot of people don't get why they're waiting for the reveal.

The set may be done, but they're most certainly not shipped worldwide yet (at least in appropriate quantities) and they're full on in production at the assembly line.

They're counting on bringing in fans of the show and making them customers (ideally VIP) so they're keeping the reveal as close as possible to the release because they're also counting on the hype of the announcement to sell the product.

Sorry if my comment is a bit incomprehensible/nonsensical. I'm really tired and also mostly speculating off the top of my mind.

21 minutes ago, doclord said:

Reveal culture is manipulative and anti-consumer.

That's what I meant with teaser culture as well!

Edited by Alegrispa

21 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It was posted on Facebook two days before the email as the photo for the store event at Leicester Square.

Yeah, that’s correct, however that’s still just leaked info and there’s a small chance it’s not true. Lego haven’t announced a VIP release for May other than Tantive IV

What would be the point of the midnight opening at LS if the set was not going to be for sale?

Whenever they have held a special event hasn’t the set also always been available from that date for VIPs at other stores and online?

Edited by Andyperkins