Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

3 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

The pic is back on Instagram, top of the legoleaks tag!

I’m really interested in seeing how this will be displayed. Not sure it’ll balance from the bottom without additional structuring you can’t see on the front of the box. That being said, it looks good. Not a clear or official picture, but the box art is very nice

Note: There are 2 LEGO and Stranger Things logos in opposite corners of the box, so you can flip it either way you’d like! So cool!

It seems the branches of the trees are just strategically placed to be displayed without additional support. It seems you can also detach both halves to display them separately.

the logo/display stand is a good way of ‘filling up’ the gap under the set if you display it like on the box though

Edited by Whovastron

4 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

The pic is back on Instagram, top of the legoleaks tag!

I’m really interested in seeing how this will be displayed. Not sure it’ll balance from the bottom without additional structuring you can’t see on the front of the box. That being said, it looks good. Not a clear or official picture, but the box art is very nice

Note: There are 2 LEGO and Stranger Things logos in opposite corners of the box, so you can flip it either way you’d like! So cool!

Damnit, this set leaking is not going to be a good thing.

Regarding the trees, it does balance on them perfectly. No additional clear pieces they hid for the box art

37 minutes ago, Puresh said:

What hairpiece are you thinking of?

The Pop star hair I think is pretty close, though a little too perfectly symmetrical.

Additionally I think the movie Wonder Woman hair is pretty close too.

I'm not a fan of the show but I'm VERY tempted to get this just for the minifigures and because I LOVE the idea of being able to flip the set over :excited:

Looks great! I'm only disappointed in the lack of Jonathan, Nancy and Steve minifigures (I mean c'mon....no Steve?!).

1 minute ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Looks great! I'm only disappointed in the lack of Jonathan, Nancy and Steve minifigures (I mean c'mon....no Steve?!).

I would’ve loved a Steve minifigure. Maybe as a polybag, like they did with the Classic TV Series Batcave? He’s a fan-favorite for sure, and clearly they’re not using the earliest season as inspiration. 

Holy c-rap, that looks amazing!

Also, f*ck teaser culture and the lack of Steve!

Honestly? The biggest reason I'm excited for this is that LEGO has build a bridge to Netflix, which could result in new Avatar: The Last Airbender sets!!!

Edited by Alegrispa

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

I would’ve loved a Steve minifigure. Maybe as a polybag, like they did with the Classic TV Series Batcave? He’s a fan-favorite for sure, and clearly they’re not using the earliest season as inspiration. 

For the love of all things in this world, PLEASE let there be no polybag like that again :((

The inside has leaked too. I know they didn’t have too much space to work with, but it looks like the lights will be a sticker. 

Just looking at it, I really hope this is around $150 to no more than $180. I saw $200 in the Simpsons House. I don’t see $200 here.

2 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

it looks like the lights will be a sticker. 

Well, what'd you expect?

Edited by Alegrispa

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

The inside has leaked too. I know they didn’t have too much space to work with, but it looks like the lights will be a sticker. 

Just looking at it, I really hope this is around $150 to no more than $180. I saw $200 in the Simpsons House. I don’t see $200 here.

It's $200, it has 2.287 pieces

1 minute ago, Alegrispa said:

Well, duh.

Someone said earlier in the thread there would be a spider-man web piece type thing with lights on. 

I am a tad confused why they didn’t do that, that piece in black exists, just attach some clip 1x1s with coloured studs on and hang them around the house

Just now, Whovastron said:

Someone said earlier in the thread there would be a spider-man web piece type thing with lights on. 

I am a tad confused why they didn’t do that, that piece in black exists, just attach some clip 1x1s with coloured studs on and hang them around the house

Look closely, there is a piece like that with lights going through the house, it's just that the alphabet had to be a sticker to look good

I think there actually is one above the living room. Bit hard to see.

Also- do we only get one bike in the set? That's a tad disappointing, but I guess it's not an uncommon piece.

2 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

I think there actually is one above the living room. Bit hard to see.

Also- do we only get one bike in the set? That's a tad disappointing, but I guess it's not an uncommon piece.

I thought that too, but surely if it’s meant to represent lights they’d make it brighter on the box art

EDIT: they definitely are actually so good spot! They’re just facing downwards, so like the ones the little girl follows. Seems it might not even be the Spider-Man piece, just some sort of bar that has studs with clip on top attached and studs underneath

Edited by Whovastron

4 minutes ago, Puresh said:

It's $200, it has 2.287 pieces

Well, they’re not high quality pictures. I just don’t see 2,200 pieces personally. Looks about the size of the biggest Hidden Side set to me

To be honest I’m not really a fan of Stranger Things and I’ve yet to finish season two...but this set is an instant buy for me.

Aside from my love of haunted Lego themes, this has just an utterly fascinating build, just stunning. I hope we get a designer video too. :thumbup:

Based on the blurry images I am not sure this set is worth $199.99 in my personal opinion. I'll make my final judgements when HD pics are revealed by Lego

20 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

To be honest I’m not really a fan of Stranger Things and I’ve yet to finish season two...but this set is an instant buy for me.

Aside from my love of haunted Lego themes, this has just an utterly fascinating build, just stunning. I hope we get a designer video too. :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing about the designer video, I would love to see how they came up with the ideas

if it is $200 then that's a great price and yes i agree boooooo no steve , i feel the set will be thicker than what the box art makes out with the trees seeming sturdy to hold everything up

roll on next month

Just now, TheGlynreaper said:

if it is $200 then that's a great price and yes i agree boooooo no steve , i feel the set will be thicker than what the box art makes out with the trees seeming sturdy to hold everything up

roll on next month

It comes out in 13 days for VIP members, aka everyone who's on here :wink:

There’s no vip set on the store calendar, are we 100% sure it’s not just being revealed then?

There’s no vip set on the store calendar, are we 100% sure it’s not just being revealed then?

Yep, 100% sure

Just now, Puresh said:

It comes out in 13 days for VIP members, aka everyone who's on here :wink:

im not a vip member though as at my nearby lego store i have a discount membership card that gives me 10 percent off every lego purchase i make

Not sure how to notify the mods, but is there someway we can stop the people requesting / sharing the leaked images?. Sorry, new to EB.

Maybe lock the thread as a whole.

Edited by Vonsek