Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Just now, Whovastron said:

Think I might keep my Eleven bald

i know it’s early days, but it would be cool if they did a D2C for each season. A Stranger Things 2 set of the Hawkins energy building would be awesome, have the hole to the upside down and include demodogs, Bob, Max, Steve etc. Along with punk Eleven

I would 100% buy that, no matter the price

8 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

i know it’s early days, but it would be cool if they did a D2C for each season. A Stranger Things 2 set of the Hawkins energy building would be awesome, have the hole to the upside down and include demodogs, Bob, Max, Steve etc. Along with punk Eleven

For potential representation the second season, I'd like to see a build of Hopper's cabin similar to @Norton74's most excellent recreation of such. :blush:

Stranger Things | Sheriff Hopper's Cabin + Chevrolet Blazer

3 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Hopper: Dark tan legs and hat (doesn't seem to come with a spare hairpiece but that could be wrong). New print police torso, new print face

Say, is Hopper's hat just simply Indy's fedora in Tan? :shrug_confused:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

For potential representation the second season, I'd like to see a build of Hopper's cabin similar to @Norton74's most excellent recreation of such. :blush:

Stranger Things | Sheriff Hopper's Cabin + Chevrolet Blazer

It's the Lone Ranger's in tan. Also the police car in that pic is almost identical to the one in the set

Just now, legoSDR said:

Also the police car in that pic is almost identical to the one in the set

With brick-built wheel wells like that?

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

With brick-built wheel wells like that?

the wheel wells are square, but the general design of the car as a whole is very similar in shap 

31 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'd have to agree @Whovastron here, I'd love to get Hawkins Lab and the Hawkins Energy Van!

5 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

Small part of the box leaked on Instagram.

Well, that sure ain't a preliminary... :thumbup: :smug:

I'm really excited about this set now! I'm almost tempted to buy it right away... This set & the upcoming Harry Potter wave is probably gonna save my LEGO year. My interest in SW & Superheroes is certainly decreasing.

4 hours ago, legoSDR said:

I've seen the pictures of the set.. 

Included:

Byers House/Upside Down. Hopper's Police Car. Bicycle. Minfig display stand with Stranger Things Logo (like a UCS plaque). Dustin, Lucas, Eleven, Will, Mike, Demogorgan, Joyce, Hopper

Details:

The Byers house with details to the front and interior, with an open sided face to look into it. It contains Will's room, the writing on the wall, and the corner of the living room with an armchair. Plus a black rope (like Spidey's web) with Christmas lights. There is a tree attached to either side of the building, which isn't accurate but I believe is for support, which will make sense in the next paragraph.

Attached directly underneath is the Upside Down version of the house. It's an almost exact copy of the house but in black/grey/white colours, with added Upside Down features like vines and leaves. There are also Upside Down versions of the trees on either side which stand the build up a few centimetres from the ground like it's on stilts. The leaves on the UD trees are midnight blue/purple (can't quite tell).

Separating the two version of the house is a rough patch of ground on either side

The Police Car is pretty basic but accurate to the show.

All kids use Harry Potter pose-able short legs

Dustin: As seen in promo art

Demogorgon: As seen in promo art

Joyce: Dark brown legs, new print head and torso. Torso is her green jacket and t-shirt underneath. Hermione hair

Hopper: Dark tan legs and hat (doesn't seem to come with a spare hairpiece but that could be wrong). New print police torso, new print face

Lucas: New print red jacket with the collar and t-shirt underneath, torch and slingshot accessories, new print face, hairpiece is the pirate bandanna piece of the CMF but with a camo bandanna and black "hair", dark brown legs

Mike: Walkie talkie accessory, new print face, black skater hair, new print torso jacket and t-shirt underneath, dark green legs

Will: New print torso bomber red jacket with blue sleeves, new print scared face, NEWLY MOULDED HAIRPIECE which is very accurate, baby blue legs

Eleven: Blonde hair (black widow Infinity War),new print torso blue jacket with pink dress underneath, pink cloth piece for the skirt of the dress,looks like white legs, unsure if their is an extra hairpiece so her head is probably one sided but newly printed

The set looks like a MOC in the best possible way. It doesn't look huge but there's a lot of detail, the figures are very nice and the new moulds are really cool.

Take a screenshot of the Joyce minifig. I want to see Winona in minifig form!

1 minute ago, LegoFjotten said:

I'm really excited about this set now! I'm almost tempted to buy it right away... This set & the upcoming Harry Potter wave is probably gonna save my LEGO year. My interest in SW & Superheroes is certainly decreasing.

I feel you man. Came out of my dark ages in 2014 and only bought SW sets until last year. Now Stranger Things and HP excite me more than SW.

If you see images of the Stranger Things set before the official announcement then DO NOT share them. LEGO are cracking down on it and if it keeps popping up online then they will take serious action, apparently

Just re-read the description, didn’t realise we’re getting a minifig display stand with the logo, that’s awesome! I love it when Lego do things like that. This basically just looks like an Ideas type set

Just now, LostKnight said:

where?

It’s been and gone, Lego seem to be cracking down on this one in particular for some reason

It's just a matter of time before it leaks. When images are out there is always someone who doesn't care about what TLG will do (and honestly, what can they do?). 

The last time descriptions/drawings were out for unreleased products was for the Harry Potter sets and those 'leaked' with pictures of the box and builds a few hours later. 

Just now, Hoth Rebel said:

It's just a matter of time before it leaks. When images are out there is always someone who doesn't care about what TLG will do (and honestly, what can they do?). 

The last time descriptions/drawings were out for unreleased products was for the Harry Potter sets and those 'leaked' with pictures of the box and builds a few hours later. 

It's not what they will do to the person leaking but more what they will do as a company, they will make internal changes which could effect leaks forever and mean we don't get them anymore

I feel like there’s not a whole lot Lego can do but it’ll be annoying if they start to be even more secretive than they already are.

4 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

It's not what they will do to the person leaking but more what they will do as a company, they will make internal changes which could effect leaks forever and mean we don't get them anymore

If they can make changes, I’m sure they’ll already be doing that. They know leaking happens. It’s not like this one set leaking is gonna put them into action. They know theres leaking and they already do a lot to combat it. 

2 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

But say, where would you find said leaks if/when they release?

#legoleaks on instagram

Just now, Whovastron said:

If they can make changes, I’m sure they’ll already be doing that. They know leaking happens. It’s not like this one set leaking is gonna put them into action. They know theres leaking and they already do a lot to combat it. 

very true, I'm just going by what I've heard through the grapevine

6 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

To be fair, that's something they should have done from the start. It would make announcements way more impactful and surprises better. 

They also don't need a few leaks of upcoming products to make this decision if they don't want leaks to happen.