Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

12 hours ago, Puresh said:

Will uses that hairpiece, I can confirm that :wink:

If you’ve seen something we haven’t, could you describe what you’ve seen please. What about the other figures?

5 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Hot take LEGO didn’t include Nancy, Jonathan or Steve due to their albeit brief, but steamy scenes in the show. 

I think that plays a big part in it for sure. They also all drink alcohol in the show even though they're supposed to be between 16 and 17. I guess that sort of behavior with minors is a bit too far on what Lego is willing to do

Or it could be that those 3 characters are pretty much the C story in season 1 and the designer wanted to focus on the more important characters. As much as I like those characters, their story takes nearly all season long to finally merge into the main story (and up until then it's mostly teen drama) and Steve isn't even likeable until the end of the season.

I mean, even in the regular merchandising I don't see those three as much as the other characters. I think it makes sense not including them for a season 1 set.

Honestly, I'd take Barb over any of those three. #JusticeForBarb

29 minutes ago, strangely said:

Or it could be that those 3 characters are pretty much the C story in season 1 and the designer wanted to focus on the more important characters. As much as I like those characters, their story takes nearly all season long to finally merge into the main story (and up until then it's mostly teen drama) and Steve isn't even likeable until the end of the season.

That's completely true, but I still think it's weird they would leave them out of the set depicting the Byer's house since they fought the Demogorgon there. It was one of the most iconic scenes in the first season.

4 minutes ago, Hayden112100 said:

I am really excited for the set! But I still want Lydia Deetz

Finally someone I can relate to on a deep, spiritual level :roflmao:

The thing that worries me the most is Mike and Eleven, specifically in terms of hair. I have seen people use the skater hair in black for mike or worse yet, in brown. Eleven's hair is an interesting topic, but if they go with no hair at all.....I will riot

Just now, LostKnight said:

The thing that worries me the most is Mike and Eleven, specifically in terms of hair. I have seen people use the skater hair in black for mike or worse yet, in brown. Eleven's hair is an interesting topic, but if they go with no hair at all.....I will riot

Mike will either use the skater or Luke Skywalker hair in black. 

Eleven will probably use Finn's hairpiece and get a blonde piece to represent her wig

1 minute ago, Puresh said:

Mike will either use the skater or Luke Skywalker hair in black. 

Eleven will probably use Finn's hairpiece and get a blonde piece to represent her wig

I think the Luke hair really suits Mike, and thanks for putting my mind at ease with the Eleven hair, but what's your source? 

1 hour ago, LostKnight said:

[...] but what's your source? 

I have my suspicions about how people got those bits of information, but it's probably better not to reveal it publicly since it may lead to people getting into trouble :wink:

25 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I thought the new Harry Potter hair would work for Mike too.

That’s a good point, I hadn’t even thought of that as anything but Harry Potter. It would be cool to see it used for something else too

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I thought the new Harry Potter hair would work for Mike too.

I dunno man, his hair is pretty long in the show... 

I think Finn’s hair would be too long for Eleven, however they used it for Krum in the Goblet of Fire sets so makes sense they’d do it here too. I hope we get some printing on the mid-legs to show the dress, socks and shoes if that is her outfit (which it should be) based on other season 1 merchandise (action figures, funko  pops) I’m expecting that outfit for sure

7 hours ago, strangely said:

I mean, even in the regular merchandising I don't see those three as much as the other characters. I think it makes sense not including them for a season 1 set.

Honestly, I'd take Barb over any of those three. #JusticeForBarb

You’re definitely right there. Both the action figure line and funko pops depicted Barb before those characters. Steve was depicted from season 2 in the action figures.

13 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Steve was depicted from season 2 in the action figures.

Yeah, it's definitely no coincidence that the season where he started hanging out with the core child characters is the same season he started getting more merchandising. His likeability went way up and he's much more of a marketable character now.

Nancy and Jonathon's part of the show is often a bit detached from the other core characters and their role often focuses around gathering clues or going through personal drama, as a result they're a tougher sell as toys.

I hope we do get them all down the line, but I'm glad Lego made the choices they made for this set, so far.

22 hours ago, Puresh said:

I take that back :P

I'll (hopefully) be seeing a picture/pictures of the set some time today. I won't post the picture on here, but I will describe it as best I can... I'll give as much detail regarding the characters' looks and the set design as I can

Edited by legoSDR

15 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

If LEGO gives us Eleven in her season 1 attire, do you think that they'll use a a cloth piece or even the ballerina skirt to represent her dress? 

They definitely won’t do the ballerina price, that would look awful. They’ll just use the mid legs with a cloth piece like Luna and cho in the HP CMF series probably

I've seen the pictures of the set.. 

Included:

Byers House/Upside Down. Hopper's Police Car. Bicycle. Minfig display stand with Stranger Things Logo (like a UCS plaque). Dustin, Lucas, Eleven, Will, Mike, Demogorgan, Joyce, Hopper

Details:

The Byers house with details to the front and interior, with an open sided face to look into it. It contains Will's room, the writing on the wall, and the corner of the living room with an armchair. Plus a black rope (like Spidey's web) with Christmas lights. There is a tree attached to either side of the building, which isn't accurate but I believe is for support, which will make sense in the next paragraph.

Attached directly underneath is the Upside Down version of the house. It's an almost exact copy of the house but in black/grey/white colours, with added Upside Down features like vines and leaves. There are also Upside Down versions of the trees on either side which stand the build up a few centimetres from the ground like it's on stilts. The leaves on the UD trees are midnight blue/purple (can't quite tell).

Separating the two version of the house is a rough patch of ground on either side

The Police Car is pretty basic but accurate to the show.

All kids use Harry Potter pose-able short legs

Dustin: As seen in promo art

Demogorgon: As seen in promo art

Joyce: Dark brown legs, new print head and torso. Torso is her green jacket and t-shirt underneath. Hermione hair

Hopper: Dark tan legs and hat (doesn't seem to come with a spare hairpiece but that could be wrong). New print police torso, new print face

Lucas: New print red jacket with the collar and t-shirt underneath, torch and slingshot accessories, new print face, hairpiece is the pirate bandanna piece of the CMF but with a camo bandanna and black "hair", dark brown legs

Mike: Walkie talkie accessory, new print face, black skater hair, new print torso jacket and t-shirt underneath, dark green legs

Will: New print torso bomber red jacket with blue sleeves, new print scared face, NEWLY MOULDED HAIRPIECE which is very accurate, baby blue legs

Eleven: Blonde hair (black widow Infinity War),new print torso blue jacket with pink dress underneath, pink cloth piece for the skirt of the dress,looks like white legs, unsure if their is an extra hairpiece so her head is probably one sided but newly printed

The set looks like a MOC in the best possible way. It doesn't look huge but there's a lot of detail, the figures are very nice and the new moulds are really cool.

That sounds amazing, thanks for the description :thumbup: Three new moulds for a D2C is just amazing, but I assume that only one of them will stay exclusive to this set :wink:

34 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

The Byers house with details to the front and interior, with an open sided face to look into it. It contains Will's room, the writing on the wall, and the corner of the living room with an armchair. Plus a black rope (like Spidey's web) with Christmas lights. There is a tree attached to either side of the building, which isn't accurate but I believe is for support, which will make sense in the next paragraph.

What's the interior of the upside down version of the house? Same stuff in black / grey or is there some sort of Demogorgon nest in there? 

On 5/1/2019 at 12:09 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, for his rejected LEGO Ideas project, @Foxes Productionz gave him a recolor of the skullcap introduced for Series 16's Scallywag Pirate:wink:

Stranger Things LEGO IDEAS SET

Seems you were right!

On 5/1/2019 at 12:42 AM, Puresh said:

I knew he wouldn’t use that piece. Just far too innacurate. So glad we’re getting a new piece

52 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

They definitely won’t do the ballerina price, that would look awful. They’ll just use the mid legs with a cloth piece like Luna and cho in the HP CMF series probably

Seems I was right about the skirt piece! 

The set sounds amazing!

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

I knew he wouldn’t use that piece. Just far too innacurate. So glad we’re getting a new piece, you guys all said we wouldn’t :)

Yup, sorry about that. Someone who told me they've seen the figures said that to me. There's a reason I corrected myself yesterday :wink: