Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Regarding representation of the second season, I'd rather hope to see any elements of that portrayed in a potential follow-up set (D2C or otherwise) instead of having such mixed into this rumored set. Same can be said for representation for the upcoming third season.

YASSSS! I was so hoping this was more than a rumour! can not wait for pictures! Time to rewatch the show.... 

45 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Regarding representation of the second season, I'd rather hope to see any elements of that portrayed in a potential follow-up set (D2C or otherwise) instead of having such mixed into this rumored set. Same can be said for representation for the upcoming third season.

doubt we're getting a second D2C.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Personally, I wouldn‘t mind a mixture of the first two seasons, just like they did with the Ghostbusters HQ that combined elements from the first two movies or the Hogwarts Castle that included scenes from most of the HP films :classic:

1 hour ago, Vonsek said:

Exactly. This set already is a miracle, two would be stretching it I think :grin:

Either way, I can‘t wait to see what they cooked up :sweet: 

7 hours ago, Vonsek said:

Stranger Things has at least 3 more season in it guaranteed. From the strong trailer from Season 3, the hype isn't gonna die off anytime soon - the precedent is there with The Simpsons for 2 D2C's from a popular TV show, so I wouldn't count it. Depends entirely on how the first one sells, but I think this will be a slam dunk - it appeals to all ages and countless demographics, has colossal play appeal for kids and display value for adults, if done correctly. 

1 hour ago, Darth Caedus said:

Stranger Things has at least 3 more season in it guaranteed. From the strong trailer from Season 3, the hype isn't gonna die off anytime soon - the precedent is there with The Simpsons for 2 D2C's from a popular TV show, so I wouldn't count it. Depends entirely on how the first one sells, but I think this will be a slam dunk - it appeals to all ages and countless demographics, has colossal play appeal for kids and display value for adults, if done correctly. 

We’ll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

A lot of the trusted people for leaks posted this set is a D2C, set number 75810, releasing in May for VIPs and has 2287 pieces for $199.99 .

Edited by Dr.Cogg

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I wouldn‘t mind a mixture of the first two seasons, just like they did with the Ghostbusters HQ that combined elements from the first two movies or the Hogwarts Castle that included scenes from most of the HP films :classic:

Sure, but given that it's rumored to be Joyce's House, I feel like this set will already have its hands full enough in the minifigure department if it only tends to the first season. Plus, I think there'd be some degree of disappointing compromise if they were to try representing both seasons.

6 hours ago, Darth Caedus said:

Simpsons got two D2C sets because it also had two minifigures series. There is usually a D2C set released together with a minifig series to serve as a display piece for the minis. Not the case with Stranger Things. I really doubt we will get another set.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sure, but given that it's rumored to be Joyce's House, I feel like this set will already have its hands full enough in the minifigure department if it only tends to the first season. Plus, I think there'd be some degree of disappointing compromise if they were to try representing both seasons.

I think they could easily do both seasons by having the ability to swap out the Christmas lights in the Buyers house for Will’s drawings of the tunnels.

If not, I do hope they at least include Max, she’s a pretty important character to the show now, but I worry with the direction LEGO has been taking recently that they won’t even include the teenagers. I feel like a realistic line up for the characters would be V with everyone receiving new torso prints and the kids utilising the medium legs.

• Mike (surfer hair)
  • Dustin (new hair/hat combo)
  • Lucas (new hair peice)
  • Eleven (Fins hair)
  • Joyce (Herminonie hair)
  • Hopper (Rex’s comboy hair/hat peice)
  • Demogorgan (new head piece) 

7 hours ago, Darth Caedus said:

Stranger Things has at least 3 more season in it guaranteed. 

Not really, the Duffer brothers have said multiple times in the past that they don't want to unnecessarily stretch the show out longer than it has to be. They want to tell a story. They've said that 4 Seasons is where they want to end it, with a really small chance at a 5th 

Edited by Puresh

2 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

I think they could easily do both seasons by having the ability to swap out the Christmas lights in the Buyers house for Will’s drawings of the tunnels.

That would be amazing :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

• Mike (surfer hair)
  • Dustin (new hair/hat combo)
  • Lucas (new hair peice)
  • Eleven (Fins hair)
  • Joyce (Herminonie hair)
  • Hopper (Rex’s comboy hair/hat peice)
  • Demogorgan (new head piece) 

Based on the amount of new moulds for previous D2C sets, I don‘t expect them to include more than a single new one, and my money would be on the Demogorgon‘s head :classic:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

That would be amazing :thumbup:

Based on the amount of new moulds for previous D2C sets, I don‘t expect them to include more than a single new one, and my money would be on the Demogorgon‘s head :classic:

If you see my earlier comment on page 1, you can see how i expect them to do the Demogorgon.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah I agree. Especially since the Finn hairpiece is absolutely perfect for Lucas, you really don't need a new mold for him

I . . honestly still don't really believe this is happening. 

But on the off chance it is, then I hope they go the 'house with two fronts, one Normal, one Upside Down' route, as has been mentioned before. I've got an empty space facing the door in my layout, so I really need to fill it with something that looks just as good from the back as the front. 

Though to be honest I'm not a massive fan of the show, and I might not even get the set even if it is real . . eh, I'll wait and see. Definitely not putting it above the Disney D2C. 

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I . . honestly still don't really believe this is happening.

It's a surprise to be sure with the adult nature of the show but trust us when we say it's happening :wink:

Edited by Puresh

6 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Hopper (Rex’s comboy hair/hat peice)

Hmmm, as nice as that part is given that it has hair paired with the fedora, it's too long of a hairstyle for Hopper. I think the usual hairless Indiana Jones fedora piece we've had for awhile now would suffice just fine. 

6 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

If not, I do hope they at least include Max, she’s a pretty important character to the show now, but I worry with the direction LEGO has been taking recently that they won’t even include the teenagers.

Well, I'd rather not have Max at all if we'd never get a chance after the fact to receive Season Two iterations of the other main characters to pair alongside her. 

29 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would definitely not want Max at the expense of Nancy, Jonathan, or Steve

Or Joyce... they left out the owner of his own mansion, Lockwood, in the Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom set 

4 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Or Joyce... they left out the owner of his own mansion, Lockwood, in the Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom set 

I think people would go to stores and burn the sets on the shelves if it doesn’t come with Joyce. And yeah that set not coming with Lockwood was kind of ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would definitely not want Max at the expense of Nancy, Jonathan, or Steve

Exactly, especially when you consider that the hoped-for essentials needed for this set already seems like it's pushing it.

34 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think people would go to stores and burn the sets on the shelves if it doesn’t come with Joyce. And yeah that set not coming with Lockwood was kind of ridiculous 

I would definitely do that if they leave her out :wink:

7 hours ago, Puresh said:

Yeah, Wheatley did not need to appear twice.

I haven’t watched the show, but I was under the impression it was r rated for some reason. I look forward to seeing what we’ll get, i liked the houses and forest lab I saw in the universal studios maze lab.

If the set does turn out to be Joyce’s house, I really hope we can get some side builds in the set too.  I feel like Hopper’s cop car or Will’s fort in the woods could translate over to Lego amazingly.

blazer24.jpg6dc22960acfdf2e15d82c2bd399f5531.jpg