Sign in to follow this  
BrickMusher

[MOC] SNCF-Style Loco (Yet another "Nez Cassé")

Hello, and a late "Happy Easter" to all!

Maybe you remember guessing about new Lego-Trains in beginning of 2018? By that time, I allready presented two MOC´s of that Loco.

1. Versions Thread

2. Versions Thread

Today I´d like to add another Version. Its colour-scheme was inspired by the last Artic-Theme (dark-blue and dark-azure) but I decided to skip the orange. Snotting of the white line around the dark-blue was somewhat tricky, but eventually I am satisfied with the result. When the build was done, I found the scheme reminded somehow to old french SNCF liveries. So my Idea was to call it the "SNCF-Style" although it lacks a determined real-life example.

47609743012_3f5674a6fe_b.jpgSNCF Loco by Brick Musher, auf Flickr

32720039377_d023918553_b.jpgSNCF Loco by Brick Musher, auf Flickr

I hope you enjoy :wink:

As always, You will find some more pics at my flickr account click for BrickMushers flickr-page

Regards

BrickMusher

Edited by BrickMusher
changed picturesize due to request

An excellent, striking livery for this locomotive. The brick-built lining really makes the model stand out from its sisters. Very well done.

And although the bridge is beautiful, I'd like to see the loco posed on plain track to see the whole model at once!

Interesting repaint!

Usually, blue color with white stripes was reserved to diesel locomotives. For such an electric "nez cassé", the "béton" livery would be more suitable, it's mainly Lt Gray, with Dk Gray accents and orange stripes.

The original prototype model was still much better than the released set, it's a good thing to see it again.

@LEGO Train 12 Volts

Thank You for your kind words. Bridges just started to be my second favourited theme beside Trains. There will be a new one soon :wink:

@ColletArrow

Also thank you to You. No problem. There will be also a dutch version of this locomotive soon. When doing the photos, I will also take some more of this blue just on tracks for you :sweet:

@Evans

Thank You for the info. I did not know that the blue livery was for diesel only, but I really appreciate this kind of informations! :thumbup:

Had a look to the suggested "béton" scheme also, but I am not sure if the old dark-grey windscreen will match in colour. On some pictures it looks more like sand-blue?! So maybe I will give it a try when I get hold of two windscreens from the new modular building?!

19 hours ago, BrickMusher said:

Bridges just started to be my second favourited theme beside Trains. There will be a new one soon :wink:

This is a great news ...I hope to see the bridge in the trains' forum

@EvansI didn't know that about the blue livery either, thanks!

Regardless, this version is much more appealing than either of the previous two.  I like the green one also, but the blue is best.

Bridges?  Keep 'em coming!

Edited by ivanlan9
typo