Hinckley

The Forest 3 Mafia Day One–Hellions and Monsters

3 minutes ago, Leevi Lion said:

2, maybe?

Yeah, maybe. :look:

Thank you!

schaefer_tn.jpg

"Woof, woof. Oh, I forgot to mention that I added a slight clarification to rule #1. Good day!"

5 hours ago, Braxton Bear said:

Simply pointing out the four main factions equate to scummy? 

This is not the reason I'm voting for you - I've already stated that I think that line of reasoning is flawed.  I'm voting for you because I think you may be a third party, because of the definitive way you said it was a four way fight (which suggests certainty about their being a third party).  Third parties always get a mention in the rule book, even if there are none.  

3 hours ago, Pascha Poodle said:

However, I don't think anything you've done is actually lynch-worthy, and I don't want to be the 6th or 7th vote on you. Were there just a couple, I'd probably have voted Bear.

So, you'd vote for him only if he wasn't yet at risk of being lynched?  What kind of logic is this?

Vote Tally

Braxton Bear: 5 (Haydn Hippo, Myrtle Monkey, Gracie Goat, Ronan Rabbit, Caldwell Crocodile)
Haydn Hippo: 1 (Braxton Bear)
Cleo Cow: 1 (Brewer Bunny)
Brewer Bunny: 1 (Pierot Parrot)
Myrtle Monkey: 2 (Leevi Lion. Whitby Walrus)
Huxley Horse: 1 (Pascha Poodle)

With 15 players, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

20 hours remain in Day One.

3 hours ago, Pascha Poodle said:

Vote: Huxley Horse

*neeeigh*

I'm sorry guys, I've had a busy week full of farming (spring is planting season, of course of course) and I quite lost track of time. Give me a few minutes to read through the logs and I'll have composed my thoughts by then. 

21 hours ago, Myrtle Monkey said:

That's what it was. I gooot a wee tiny bit cooonfused.

Oooh I'm funny!

Vote: Braxton Bear

Too much certainty for Day ooone.

This seems like a very bandwagony vote. I don't like it. 

9 hours ago, Braxton Bear said:

Love to see how the votes pile up on me and that's what made it so enjoyable. I voted against you, simply is to retaliate you. Noticing the trend on others jumping onto your bandwagon signal rather scummy feeling to me like a well coordinated attack. So, if you wish to nitpick me. Fine by me. I stand by my pawy ground. 

Bandwagon (1) without any substance. Or simply being directed to do your task. 

To get along and being claim to be townie is equally perceived as manipulative. Bandwagon (2)

Simply pointing out the four main factions equate to scummy? Aren't you another scummy rabbit? Bandwagon (3)

My logic is as crystal as it is. No point deferring my logic and I will rather let the bandwagon spell the results for itself in order Day 1 to move on. 

Yawn. Simply stating the obvious is an act of suspicion. How dumb... Bandwagon (4) 

It all started with a nitpick and so by it. Everyone jumps on. 

I said my piece.. Bandwagon (5)

Once the bandwagon is on, nothing beats the rain. Bring it on, bitches. 

While I agree some of you press are defiantly forming a band on the trail to Broadway, how does calling every single person who voted for you a band wagoner helpful?  Some of them bring up good points, but I guess that does not matter, there voting for you so they must be a band wagoner and nothing more. This post and your revenge vote on the hippo make you more scummy to me than your original odd post. 

By my count there are still 4 of us who have not voted. I believe we are well beyond the point of no voting. Sitting around withholding your vote helps no one but the scum. Lots of good thoughts have been spoken today so there is no excuse of little happenings. @Bennett Bulldog @Cleo Cow @Ember Elephant @Huxley Horse I am directly talking to you here. 

Braxton has been in odd character. He has done lots of weird things, being sure of a neutral, the added us town in his post, his revenge voting. I'm not going to throw a fuss if he bites the dust due to us. Though I still want to keep my vote on Cleo I believe her comment still stands odd and she has not responded to it in anyway.

3 hours ago, Huxley Horse said:

*neeeigh*

I'm sorry guys, I've had a busy week full of farming (spring is planting season, of course of course) and I quite lost track of time. Give me a few minutes to read through the logs and I'll have composed my thoughts by then. 

You have also been quite quiet. Its also been well more then a few minutes.

BAWK!

2 minutes ago, Brewer Bunny said:

I am directly talking to you here. 

No mention of Caldwell Crocodile here? I voted for you because your cross-examination of our scaly friend crumpled like damp toilet paper when he gave barely a token response to your questions. You promised that you weren't done, that you had adjourned the deposition for later:

11 hours ago, Brewer Bunny said:

I still wanted more out of him

But now? Still nothing.

I'm rethinking my vote for the day, though. It took a direct call-out for Huxley Horse to come into the conversation and has promised his own thoughts on today's happenings, but I see nothing after three hours. I know time my flow differently past when you open the doors of perception, but his behavior is far more anti-town than Brewer's or Braxton's. So I shall

Unvote: Brewer Bunny

I'm glad we had this digression on Braxton today, though: it's revealed Myrtle Monkey and Ember Elephant as appearing, rather counterintuitively, like sheep. I look forward to seeing what they say from the stand in coming days.

BAWK!

1 minute ago, Pierot Parrot said:

BAWK!

No mention of Caldwell Crocodile here? I voted for you because your cross-examination of our scaly friend crumpled like damp toilet paper when he gave barely a token response to your questions. You promised that you weren't done, that you had adjourned the deposition for later:

But now? Still nothing.

I'm rethinking my vote for the day, though. It took a direct call-out for Huxley Horse to come into the conversation and has promised his own thoughts on today's happenings, but I see nothing after three hours. I know time my flow differently past when you open the doors of perception, but his behavior is far more anti-town than Brewer's or Braxton's. So I shall

I'm glad we had this digression on Braxton today, though: it's revealed Myrtle Monkey and Ember Elephant as appearing, rather counterintuitively, like sheep. I look forward to seeing what they say from the stand in coming days.

BAWK!

The croc has given a little bit of thoughts, though they are sheepish. I do wish he shall speak more but at the very least he has voted, unlike our 4 friends who I listed above who I don't think are getting enough attention. 

24 minutes ago, Pierot Parrot said:

Understandable, but I've been quite legitimately busy with my farm work and reading the days events has been a frequently interrupted slog I really hayte to say. 

That said I do feel I've garnered a decent deal of insight from observing the days proceedings. I feel that, as typical, the day 1 lynch candidate was singled out for rather innocuous phraseology. The subsequent bandwagon on him was hasty but tapered out and there were many other suggestions fielded. I think we stand to gain the most from following through with the lynch so that we can analyze the votes that have been cast. His "slip ups" in the beginning might have been just awkward phrasing, but it could also definineightly be indicative of a scummy mindset.  

To that effect, I'll  Vote: Braxton Bear

This is going to be an interesting game though. With such small numbers and 2 scum teams, there is a good chance neither team has enough clout to enact sweeping vote manipulations. I wonder how this is going to affect vote analysis. 

Vote Tally

Braxton Bear: 5 (Haydn Hippo, Myrtle Monkey, Gracie Goat, Ronan Rabbit, Caldwell Crocodile)
Huxley Horse: 2 (Pascha Poodle, Pierot Parrot)

12 hours remain in Day One.

7 hours ago, Hinckley said:

4 hours ago, Pierot Parrot said:

Damn it! :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

Vote Tally

Braxton Bear: 6 (Haydn Hippo, Myrtle Monkey, Gracie Goat, Ronan Rabbit, Caldwell Crocodile, Huxley Horse)

12 hours remain in Day One.

Just now, Huxley Horse said:

To that effect, I'll  Vote: Braxton Bear

Sure, Braxton’s third-party comment was weird, but all he had to say to “whoops, just acknowledging that a third party could exist, I can’t know for sure, harmless speculation” and that would have been the of that - instead he doubled down, revenge votes, and coined the term “bandwagoning bitches” which is certainly a new one for me; I am a male dog, excuse me! 

However, Braxton’s generally defensive and odd behavior doesn’t particularly strike me as Hellion or Monster behavior. 

I’m much more interested in those who sought to tear him to shreds for an “easy” Day 1 lynch, or are getting tunnel vision and what is a weak candidate, even for Day 1.

Vote: Haydn Hippo

4 hours ago, Pierot Parrot said:

BAWK!

But now? Still nothing.

I don't really see the point of this vote.  You knew Huxley was going to get a vote in before the end of the day.  I feel like you've had decent insights into things till now.  Great job making Huxley vote, I guess.

27 minutes ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

However, Braxton’s generally defensive and odd behavior doesn’t particularly strike me as Hellion or Monster behavior. 

I find Braxton's behavior more scummy as the day goes on, although I still think Myrtle is scummier.  I disagree with the Monsieur Parrot (is the T silent?) that Myrtle is simply being sheepish.  I'd be more than happy to see Myrtle go today.

54 minutes ago, Bennett Bulldog said:... Braxton’s third-party comment was weird,

... Braxton's third party comment was weird...

...all he had to say to “whoops,

...- instead he doubled down, revenge votes, and coined the term “bandwagoning bitches” 

.. odd behavior doesn’t particularly strike me as Hellion or Monster behavior. 

...a weak candidate, even for Day 1.

Got a better candidate? Lay out a case. Bang a drum, see who listens to you. Don't be a sheep and follow someone else's vote without explaining.

Braxton isn't an easy lynch. He's an entirely avoidable lynch. You yourself say so. 

I laid out a case. Some others disagreed with the case (good for them!) and voted Braxton for reasons of their own. Others (like you!) agreed the original comment was odd and that his response was unsatisfactory, yet voted for other candidates. By now it's not the original case I laid out that has earned him votes, but his responses.

So far, Huxley has two "talk to us votes", Cleo has a "don't lynch anyone!" vote. Pierot has made a case for Myrtle. Who do you think we should lynch? And why? what does strike you as scum behaviour? What are you certain about? What comments have pinged your radar?

-Apologies its Whitby and Leevi for Myrtle, not Pierot

17 hours ago, Pierot Parrot said:

Haydn and Ember have the same take here. The value of lynching is to have concrete information about a person's alignment. The value of lynching is not to provide voting patterns, which we can ascertain even without a lynch. For example, Braxton Bear has not been lynched yet but I am concerned that people are sheeping (or is it hippo-ing?) an easy lynch led by Haydn and his tunnel vision.

It's pretty hard to analyse the voting patterns without actually lynching someone. Sure, we can all vote here and there, but if you don't think you'll end up lynching the person you vote for then the pattern will be different, won't it? 

19 hours ago, Ember Elephant said:

I am aware that a Day One lynch is important. While my vote for Caldwell was mostly to just say that he needed to focus instead of talking about ham sandwiches, it seems to have worked as he's now talking about Braxton.

You might be getting a bit of tunnel vision on this idea while it could have been that Braxton might have just misspoke. While, yes, the Hellions and the Monsters are both scum that need to be lynched, they are on different teams. While to us it might seem that all of the scum are put together in one team, in reality they aren't. If this wasn't explicitly said to us in the opening post, then there would be major cause for concern for him bringing up that there are two scum teams. 

I mean suppose I'm being slightly contradictory to what I said at the start of my post. I don't want Braxton to be lynched for what I think is just him misspeaking however I'm all for a Day One lynch to analyse vote patterns. At this point, nobody else seems to have done anything glaring or obvious. People have been fluffing about, but that's usual Day One nonsense. The Braxton lynch seems to be the only one that's gaining any real traction, even if it's one that I don't really agree with. 

Unvote: Caldwell Crocodile

The retaliatory vote doesn't help either. 

You suppose you're being slightly contradictory? You're like "It's townie to lynch, so even though Haydn thinks he's scummy and I don't I'm gonna vote Braxton cuz it's Townie, and Haydn said he might have tunnel vision and I don't agree with it, although I'll just drop in a pretty good reason to vote for him right at the end"

15 hours ago, Ember Elephant said:

I'm willing to unvote for you, because I think you're being tunnel visioned.

In fact, Unvote: Braxton Bear

He's being tunnel visioned? The votes are literally spread out over like 6 people right now, and Haydn like once said he might have tunnel vision and the only other person who agreed with that other than you was Pierrott, but it's not like the only thing anyone is talking about is Braxton. 

3 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

Sure, Braxton’s third-party comment was weird, but all he had to say to “whoops, just acknowledging that a third party could exist, I can’t know for sure, harmless speculation” and that would have been the of that - instead he doubled down, revenge votes, and coined the term “bandwagoning bitches” which is certainly a new one for me; I am a male dog, excuse me! 

I’m much more interested in those who sought to tear him to shreds for an “easy” Day 1 lynch, or are getting tunnel vision and what is a weak candidate, even for Day 1.

So you're saying you thought he was scummy, then he did a load of scummy stuff that you also think was scummy, but his "defensive and odd" behavior isn'r scummy. Including the revenge vote, that you're now copying for like the same reason? I don't think Haydn or anyone else "tore him to shreds". And it's clearly not an easy lynch with the votes spread out and no majority reached.

I think lynching Braxton will tell us a lot about Bennett and Ember, and that's how voting patterns are supposed to work, cuz we won't get that insight to those two without actually convicting the bear.

Oh, and he said "Bring it on Bitches" not "Bandwagoning Bitches". Maybe he said that somewhere else, I dunno. 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:10 AM, Brewer Bunny said:

Do you really expect evidence on day 1? Cause if you do, we I'm sorry to say that ain't happening meatheart. Also I don't think anyone had even brought up lynching Braxton until you did. You seem a bit too worrisome for my diagnoses. Do you want to talk about it? Sorry no cows in my office. 

Good to see your getting treatment! Talking it out really does help. 

Uh, I like ham sandwich's too. I'm not sure how they will help us catch the hellions and the monsters though. Any thoughts on whats going on? 

Voting has begun, lay down your gold tell the work be all done. Braxton's original comment is quite odd as others have pointed out. He seems certain there's a neutral, and on day 1 seeming certain about something is always a bad idea. But for me I think Cleo's post waiting for evidence and warning against a lynch is more fishy. Like I said above it's day 1, evidence is nonexistent. 

Therefore 

Vote: Cleo Cow

Like you said above it is day 1. Stating the obvious to eschew my point of caution. I obviously do not expect evidence on day 1, that is why we should wait with the lynching until we have proof (until the evil acts - meaning wait for day 2). So the evidence would not be evident on day 1, but on day 2.

Brewer Bunnys eagerness to follow up aggressively on Pierot Parrots initial interest in why I did not comment on what was going on around me, pings me a little on Brewer.

My response to Pierot: It was because I had my reply open while I was thinking of word plays, and I had no alarms that had gone off. I also thought it was 4 ways, and was thinking about how this would work. Since the Hellions and Monsters can win together it would be in their interest to know who the other team is, so they don't accidentally knock each other out. They may have internal winning conditions as well, so they might want one of the other team to get lynched or taken out at a later point. I wonder if the Hellions and Monsters can communicate with each other by some underworldly means (PM).

Oh, Pascha Poodle also mentioned something about clues in pictures. Not relevant, I'm just being a cow in a story where hopefully not every decent animal lose their head.

Also, I was on a transport for 19 hours yesterday. It is always scary for me (as a cow) to be on a transport. Luckily it was only a field trip to pasture (the grass is not greener on the other side).

I have to digest things thoroughly. Things are always going on. I can't pay attention to everything in the mooment, but my interest rise as time goes by. Here are my two cents for day 1, based on a mix of interactions and gut feelings.

Myrtle Monkey and Ronan Rabbit. This is mostly gut feelings, but I can't find what triggered it for Ronan Rabbit.

Actually, Brewer Bunny following up on Pierot Parots question followed up by voting for me, then Pierot votes for Brewer trigger my investigation gene. Is this shrouding, between hellions and/or monsters? Perhaps also a way to create an alibi. Or good reasoning from Pierot. But then Pierot critizises Bunny and, change his vote from Brewer to Huxley Horse in the same post.

I get confused by all this cowmotion, but it have been a good day 1. Lots of material to analyse. I will now vote, based purely on gut feelings, and without reasoning at this point (keeping in mind that I'd rather not see anyone lynched today, even more so because of all the conversation that have been going on on day 1):

Vote: Myrtle Monkey

3 hours ago, Gracie Goat said:

I think lynching Braxton will tell us a lot about Bennett and Ember, and that's how voting patterns are supposed to work, cuz we won't get that insight to those two without actually convicting the bear.

Explain to me how lynching Braxton will tell anything about me? I think he's being bandwagoned, therefore I must be on the same team as him? It seems to me that you're setting up lynches for the next few days and I don't think that I like that. I also don't really like that you're focusing so heavily on one specific lynch. 

Vote: Gracie Goat

What do you know that we don't know? 

Vote Tally

Braxton Bear: 6 (Haydn Hippo, Myrtle Monkey, Gracie Goat, Ronan Rabbit, Caldwell Crocodile, Huxley Horse)
Haydn Hippo: 2 (Braxton Bear, Bennett Bulldog)
Myrtle Monkey: 3 (Leevi Lion. Whitby Walrus, Cleo Cow)
Gracie Goat: 1 (Ember Elephant)

3 hours remain in Day One.

5 hours ago, Cleo Cow said:

Vote: Myrtle Monkey

12 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

5 hours ago, Ember Elephant said:

Vote: Gracie Goat

12 hours ago, Hinckley said:

19 hours ago, Ronan Rabbit said:

So, you'd vote for him only if he wasn't yet at risk of being lynched?  What kind of logic is this?

I'd have voted for him early on, when it was a poke or strong comment vote, not an actual "I think he should be lynched" vote. When he already had 5-6 votes, I'm not making a poke-vote that's going to put him so close to the edge. I don't think what he said was lynch-worthy. 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:22 AM, Cleo Cow said:

Moo-mble of concern

Are we going to start lynching eachotter now, only because Schaefer Sheepdog has "a feeling"?

Nonsense, I say. Show us evidence of this so-called evil, before we do anything irrational. Evidence first, then irrational.

4 hours ago, Cleo Cow said:

Like you said above it is day 1. Stating the obvious to eschew my point of caution. I obviously do not expect evidence on day 1, that is why we should wait with the lynching until we have proof (until the evil acts - meaning wait for day 2). So the evidence would not be evident on day 1, but on day 2.

Brewer Bunnys eagerness to follow up aggressively on Pierot Parrots initial interest in why I did not comment on what was going on around me, pings me a little on Brewer.

But you did not mention anything about waiting until day 2. From the way your original comment stands it sounds like you wanted to wait until evidence on day 1. If you had stated waiting until day 2 it would have made a little bit more since. I still don't like how you made this comment when no one else even brought up lynching Braxton. At this point people were only pointing out odd things out about his post. This alone puts you on my radar. 

So there is no way Cleo is being lynched. I think day 1 lynches can have some positives and some negatives, you only need to look at the movies to see this to be true. Braxton is the front-runner for the lynch today. His original comment was a bit odd, but to me his revenge vote and calling every single person who voted for him a sheep is what makes me eye him. I feel if we have a no-lynch we won't be doing too well tomorrow. The night is not certain to lead to success, and if that is true we waste a day discussing the same thing we have today. I also thing that the Braxton situation has spawned mixed feeling for all so knowing who he truly is could help us get somewhat of a read for almost everyone here. Including the cow who I am very curious about. With that being said 

Unvote: Cleo Cow

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Final Vote Tally

Braxton Bear: 7 (Haydn Hippo, Myrtle Monkey, Gracie Goat, Ronan Rabbit, Caldwell Crocodile, Huxley Horse, Brewer Bunny)
Haydn Hippo: 2 (Braxton Bear, Bennett Bulldog)
Myrtle Monkey: 3 (Leevi Lion. Whitby Walrus, Cleo Cow)
Gracie Goat: 1 (Ember Elephant)
Non-voters: 0

Day One ends without a lynch. Night One begins now and will last 48 hours. You have precisely 24 hours to get your Night Actions in. Late Night Actions will not be accepted. If you are a player who can communicate outside of the day thread, you may now communicate from now until voting starts on Day Two.