Hinckley

The Forest 3 Mafia Day One–Hellions and Monsters

11 minutes ago, Haydn Hippo said:

H-oh dear Braxton. h-You are h-a silly bear h-are h-you not? 

Not h-one but two missteps h-in h-only h-your second speech.

First you h-are definite about the h-existence h-of h-a neutral, something suggested h-only passingly by Leevi.

h-And h-you feel the need to clarify that h-you h-are town h-as h-an h-afterthought to saying h-"us". 

Plus, h-we know h-what day h-it h-is, reminding h-us h-is h-only the h-appearance h-of h-helpfulness.

I would complain about your comment but it seems my big ears can't hear anything but your creeping h's that burn the eardrums. 

That is an interesting thing you pointed out though. 

Moo-mble of concern

Are we going to start lynching eachotter now, only because Schaefer Sheepdog has "a feeling"?

Nonsense, I say. Show us evidence of this so-called evil, before we do anything irrational. Evidence first, then irrational.

40 minutes ago, Haydn Hippo said:

H-oh dear Braxton. h-You are h-a silly bear h-are h-you not? 

Not h-one but two missteps h-in h-only h-your second speech.

First you h-are definite about the h-existence h-of h-a neutral, something suggested h-only passingly by Leevi.

h-And h-you feel the need to clarify that h-you h-are town h-as h-an h-afterthought to saying h-"us". 

Plus, h-we know h-what day h-it h-is, reminding h-us h-is h-only the h-appearance h-of h-helpfulness.

Silly? *shake head and takes his paw and smack at thirsty hippo*. 

Just pointing out the obvious, but good reminder for us to be aware of the dangers in Day 1. It is putting us on reality that the almighty is shaken us with such alignments...  

h-I am sorry about my speech affliction Brewer. h-I will work on toning it down.

h-Oh Braxton. Now h-a dodge? Not going to h-address the comment about the neutral at all?

h-And where did you get the idea thirsty from?!? Do not deflect the conversation.

BAWK!

9 hours ago, Leevi Lion said:

It could be a 4-way if we have a neutral party.

As the foremost legal scholar in Autumn Falls, it behooves me to point out that both Hellions and Monsters are described by Käfer Schaefer as mafiosi. Now, I know these groups are not well regulated seeing as they have elected to eschew the oversight of my humble almighty office, Rule One of the Autumn Falls Civil & Criminal Code points out the following:

22 hours ago, Hinckley said:

To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town must eliminate any other threats and control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

These two groups have the same win condition, so I suspect they could join together to overpower us if they figure out what is what and who is who.

Haydn Hippo has a point about Braxton Bear's certainty that there is a third party in our humble village, but something else that caught my eye is this:

1 hour ago, Cleo Cow said:

Moo-mble of concern

Are we going to start lynching eachotter now, only because Schaefer Sheepdog has "a feeling"?

Nonsense, I say. Show us evidence of this so-called evil, before we do anything irrational. Evidence first, then irrational.

Amid a flurry of conversation about Braxton Bear, Cleo Cow chimed in to say we shouldn't lynch anybody today. Now, as an exalted jurist I have read the archives in the sacred temple and found that advocating caution at the start of a mob-lynch mafia situation is rarely if ever an indication of scumminess, I am curious why Cleo Cow has nothing to say about the goings-on in the conversation around her.

BAWK!

BAWK!

Just now, Pierot Parrot said:

, Rule

1 minute ago, Pierot Parrot said:

, I am

It seems that on two occasions I have left out a "but"! We all know how important butts are, especially Pernilla.

BAWK!

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Mod note: Voting is now open. You have 48 hours to agree on a lynch. With 15 players, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

If you are a player with the ability to communicate outside of the day thread, you must now stop. You will be allowed to communicate again once the Night Phase begins. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Pierot Parrot said:

These two groups have the same win condition, so I suspect they could join together to overpower us if they figure out what is what and who is who.

I assume they would fall under the "eliminate other threats" condition and thus it would not behoove either sect of the mafia to team up against us poor townsfolk, though I could be wrong.

As for the neutral comment, I don't think it's that weird. Everyone is speculating about mechanics, even if they're not saying it.

… though the certainty with which he said it is a bit odd.

1 minute ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

As for the neutral comment, I don't think it's that weird. Everyone is speculating about mechanics, even if they're not saying it.

The certainty is what wooorries me.

3 hours ago, Pierot Parrot said:

Haydn Hippo has a point about Braxton Bear's certainty that there is a third party in our humble village, but something else that caught my eye is this:

Amid a flurry of conversation about Braxton Bear, Cleo Cow chimed in to say we shouldn't lynch anybody today. Now, as an exalted jurist I have read the archives in the sacred temple and found that advocating caution at the start of a mob-lynch mafia situation is rarely if ever an indication of scumminess, I am curious why Cleo Cow has nothing to say about the goings-on in the conversation around her.

Ok so I agree with you about Braxton Bear, because that "Townie" thing looked just rammed on the end, and him saying "definately" about there being a four way fight is just too certain for my liking. I also agree with you (I think?) about Cleo Cow saying we shouldn't lynch anyone today, but it seems like you're saying that's not scummy, and I thought that was actually always referred to as scummy, and if you don't think it's scummy then why are you mentioning it? :wacko: 

Also, you were talking about what Schafer said:

On 4/22/2019 at 6:04 PM, Hinckley said:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers (Town) or the Hellions (Mafia) or the Monsters (Mafia). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town must eliminate any other threats and control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

and I actually thought that the "control 50%" thing means the scum have conversions, because I don't think you usually control people by killing them, and if it was then he'd just say "outnumber" wouldn't he?

5 minutes ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

I was reading when you posted this. You basically said "It's fine" and then you posted again real quick and added the last line which looks like you're backtracking.

And everyone's speculating but they're not saying it? How do you know they're speculating if they're not saying it? :wacko: Or are you seeing it said somewhere else? :look: 

58 minutes ago, Myrtle Monkey said:

Such a great sweater for Pernilla. It's magical isn't it? And that hippooo made a statement that's odd.

What was the odd thing the hippo said? It sounds like you're throwing shade, but I thought the hippo called out Braxton like Caldwell and Pierot and now me and maybe Bennet did?

9 minutes ago, Gracie Goat said:

I was reading when you posted this. You basically said "It's fine" and then you posted again real quick and added the last line which looks like you're backtracking.

And everyone's speculating but they're not saying it? How do you know they're speculating if they're not saying it? :wacko: Or are you seeing it said somewhere else? :look: 

I skimmed what had been said already, and thought the comment was just acknowledging a neutral could exist, which isn't that weird. Then I went back and read the thread again to make sure I hadn't missed anything, saw the exact wording of his comment and thought the aspect of certainty that there must be a neutral in a village of 15 with two scum teams was a bit odd, so I merged replies to acknowledge that.

What I mean is when a gathering like this starts out and it's explicitly stated there are at least three factions there will be some speculating on mechanics, you can't avoid it, even if you don't voice those thoughts or speculations.

7 hours ago, Braxton Bear said:

That's going to be real menacing to have two different kinds of scums among the fabulastic villagers... Not to mention the neutral... which I hope he/she will align with us, townies. 

This will definitely be a four way corner fight. So, fight, fight! Oh, this is Day 1.... 

Pernilla, aren't you the cutest among us... 

This post feels somewhat contradictory. You say you hope the neutral party will align with us towines. But you then go onto say that there will definitely be a four way fight. It feels like you know more than you’re letting on.

Good to see the bread finally being put to a good use.

I agree that Braxton's statement about a four way fight appears very definitive for a Day 1 statement, and this has put him on the radar for me.  To borrow from a recent pirate movie I saw, "I don't even know what colour my undies are on day 1". 

On the win condition, I initially read "control of 50% of the town" in the first rule to mean that one of the scum teams needed to make up half the remaining Fabulanders, with no way for the remaining townies to reduce that percentage.  However, it says "the mafia ... must control 50% of the town".  "the mafia" could be read as the combined mafia numbers, not necessarily one or the other scum team.  Maybe Schaefer Sheepdog can clarify further?

BAWK!

1 hour ago, Gracie Goat said:

and I actually thought that the "control 50%" thing means the scum have conversions, because I don't think you usually control people by killing them, and if it was then he'd just say "outnumber" wouldn't he?

I think this modification goes all the way back to a case called def v. Bob (2019), in which the plaintiff alleged he had the right to win but the defendant didn't really want him to. We have this modification in the Autumn Falls Civil & Criminal Code to avoid falling foul of that case law in the future.

49 minutes ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

HAM SANDWICH!!!!!!!

Is that all, Caldwell Crocodile? Or are you asserting your Fifth Amendment right to remain silent?

1 hour ago, Gracie Goat said:

and if you don't think it's scummy then why are you mentioning it? :wacko: 

As one can find by reading the transcript of the quoted post, I found it interesting that Cleo Cow had a comment on the nature of Day One lynches, but no comment on the squabbles surrounding Braxton Bear.

5 minutes ago, Ronan Rabbit said:

Maybe Schaefer Sheepdog can clarify further?

I doubt he will. To me there are two plausible situations here: either the two scum teams can team up, or they can't. Look at me, almost as eloquent as Cicero here.

BAWK!

2 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

I assume they would fall under the "eliminate other threats" condition and thus it would not behoove either sect of the mafia to team up against us poor townsfolk, though I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Myrtle Monkey said:

Such a great sweater for Pernilla. It's magical isn't it? And that hippooo made a statement that's odd.

h-Odd, odd odd.

Much h-as CLEO might have a point about not lynching on day one, since it often turns out badly, to give up the information given by voting patterns would be, as Pierot might put it, a criminal waste.

Braxton did not respond to h-either of the observations about his first speech today. Granted he could just be sleeping h-off his bricklaying so we will see.

h-A vote will jog his attention though, since my dad used to say, 'vote early, vote often'.

vote: Braxton Bear

h-If people do not like Braxton, Myrtle and Bennett are playing comedy duo.

Myrtle fluffing h-it up and then seemingly commenting on the play, but mixing up the actors. That h-is if it truely is a mix up and not a scummy attempt to deflect attention and cast suspicion

Then Bennett chimes h-in. Gracie has already pinged him for his faults, go and check what she said.  

But Mytle comes back to parrot Bennett.

3 hours ago, Myrtle Monkey said:

The certainty is what wooorries me.

h-If you are worried, your one weapon is your vote. h-Use it! See how easy h-it was. h-Unless you are more worried about not being active and instead, surviving?

h-As for the mechanics thing, no one had speculated because it is not essential. h-It does not matter if they are monster or hellion, we lynch them. h-Unless someone wants to drop solid hints from their mafia licence and verify the information by dying, let us stick to what Schafer told us.

8 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

h-I am sorry about my speech affliction Brewer. h-I will work on toning it down.

h-Oh Braxton. Now h-a dodge? Not going to h-address the comment about the neutral at all?

h-And where did you get the idea thirsty from?!? Do not deflect the conversation.

Deflect? Merely figurative. I figured seeing the neutral being stated right out at the front and is a possibility. Why is it not possible. 

I will retaliate back and putting my vote into good use. 

Vote Haydn Hippo

Since I don't have any better or constructive for a townie to do. Might as well start the lynch early. 

Being expressive doesn't mean it is not helping. It just even Day 1 and I figured the vote is the best way to figure things along the way. 

9 hours ago, Cleo Cow said:

Moo-mble of concern

Do you really expect evidence on day 1? Cause if you do, we I'm sorry to say that ain't happening meatheart. Also I don't think anyone had even brought up lynching Braxton until you did. You seem a bit too worrisome for my diagnoses. Do you want to talk about it? Sorry no cows in my office. 

9 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

Good to see your getting treatment! Talking it out really does help. 

3 hours ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

HAM SANDWICH!!!!!!!

Uh, I like ham sandwich's too. I'm not sure how they will help us catch the hellions and the monsters though. Any thoughts on whats going on? 

Voting has begun, lay down your gold tell the work be all done. Braxton's original comment is quite odd as others have pointed out. He seems certain there's a neutral, and on day 1 seeming certain about something is always a bad idea. But for me I think Cleo's post waiting for evidence and warning against a lynch is more fishy. Like I said above it's day 1, evidence is nonexistent. 

Therefore 

Vote: Cleo Cow

20 minutes ago, Haydn Hippo said:

*huge cut*

Please tell me you're not going to speak like that the entire game. My tiny elephant brain can't understand it. While you do have a point, I think it might just be trying to nitpick what he's said. To my understanding of the game mechanics, it seems to be a three-way fight between us town, and the dueling scum team. I don't think the scum would be privy to the knowledge that a neutral exists in the game, and I don't think that if Braxton was the neutral himself, that he would give himself away on Day One. I think he's just read the rules and perhaps assumed that a third party neutral is in the game. 

Our host, the sheepdog, said that there weren't going to any rules that are too bonkers, and if two scum teams is an indication of what not too bonkers is, I'm on the same assumption that there might be a neutral out there somewhere. What their role or agenda is, I don't know. 

3 hours ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

HAM SANDWICH!!!!!!!

I appreciate the contribution. :thumbup:

Vote: Caldwell Crocodile

You say Braxton is a funny one, but that's about all. 

33 minutes ago, Ember Elephant said:

You say Braxton is a funny one, but that's about all. 

At the time, that's all I had to offer.

Ember Elephant: *casts shade*

Cadwell Crocodile: *blocks*

FB_IMG_15450711754218870.jpg

52 minutes ago, Brewer Bunny said:

Do you really expect evidence on day 1? Cause if you do, we I'm sorry to say that ain't happening meatheart. Also I don't think anyone had even brought up lynching Braxton until you did. You seem a bit too worrisome for my diagnoses. Do you want to talk about it? Sorry no cows in my office. 

Yeah that was a weird statement.

5 minutes ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

At the time, that's all I had to offer.

Ember Elephant: *casts shade*

Do you have anything to offer now? Do you still think Braxton is a funny one? Whats your thoughts on the cow? Lots of discussion has taken place and I would love to hear your thoughts on it all. 

Cadwell Crocodile *immediately falls into Brewer Bunny's shade*

Ok so you did comment on the cow while I was writing. Thank you for giving us some thoughts. 

17 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

Do h-you need h-a permit for that?

Can I ask about this? Does it relate to the intercourse discussion or the mechanics discussion?

Cause this was right before Braxton Bear seemingly talked so confidently about the existence of a neutral party so I almost feel like your just touchy about the subject.

BAWK!

2 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

to give up the information given by voting patterns would be, as Pierot might put it,

Objection, Your Honour hold up, I'm the Honour around here. This Hippo is quite sneakily putting words into my mouth, so I shall find him in contempt of court!

33 minutes ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

Does it relate to the intercourse discussion or the mechanics discussion?

Or perhaps the mechanics of intercourse discussion?

39 minutes ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

Cause this was right before Braxton Bear seemingly talked so confidently about the existence of a neutral party so I almost feel like your just touchy about the subject.

Why would Haydn be so touchy about a possible third party before someone confidently asserted the existence of such party?

59 minutes ago, Brewer Bunny said:

Thank you for giving us some thoughts.

You folded fairly quickly there. Caldwell took a long time to come out and say "yeah I guess what Cleo said was a bit weird" after several other people (including this ~fabulous~ magistrate-about-town) had already commented on her statement. Per the terms of AFC3, I shall Vote: Brewer Bunny.

BAWK!

Vote Tally

Braxton Bear: 1 (Haydn Hippo)
Haydn Hippo: 1 (Braxton Bear)
Cleo Cow: 1 (Brewer Bunny)
Caldwell Crocodile: 1 (Ember Elephant)
Brewer Bunny: 1 (Pierot Parrot)

With 15 players, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

3 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

vote: Braxton Bear

3 hours ago, Braxton Bear said:

Vote Haydn Hippo

2 hours ago, Brewer Bunny said:

Vote: Cleo Cow

2 hours ago, Ember Elephant said:

42 minutes ago, Pierot Parrot said:

Vote: Brewer Bunny.