Sign in to follow this  

Hello,

here is my second MOC, an alternative version of the 42078 Mack Anthem, in the shape of a tow truck.

47607803782_b17fca2e6f_c.jpg

The 42078 is a great model-set, but some people feel like the original modell is a bit to small in width, and some people miss double-tires. So the main idea was to create a truck a bit wider than the 42078, and with twin-tires on the back axle. Since using the 4 wheels from the trailer for the truck means there would be no trailer i decided to build a tow truck.

Here are both trucks, the original 42078 and my towtruck. Mine is a bit wider, but not to wide, i think.

47607802002_e90df3fc6e_c.jpg

32717966967_d046ec6916_c.jpg

The Truck grew just 2 (1per side) studs in the width, but the additional tires are 2-3 studs wide, In orde rto accomplish this i moved the inner wheels 1 stud into the middle.

47660634621_c4d349ecc6_c.jpg

In Action:

32717970037_cdb7473385_c.jpg

32717968957_44b61d1e36_c.jpg

Other as my nascar, this MOC is not a complete new thing, it´s a modification of the original model, and therefore i tried to use just the parts delivered in this set. The green crane looks a bit weird, but that is lego, there is always an unicorn involved, vomiting into the setlist.

If you are interested i may show some additional pictures.

Edited by Steinbeisserheld

It is a MOD, not a C model, because you have added small turntable, which does not come with this set.

Nice work this is a great set. I like seeing all the alternate versions that can be created. Even if you're not a truck fan there are lots of good pieces included.

Thanks for your appreciation. :sweet:

I think the crane and the rig could use  some improvements, they could be more solid. I think there will be some evolution in a while, but for the moment i am quite satisfied with the outcome.