Hinckley

The Forest 3 Mafia Confirmation & Discussion Thread

:sing: Hey! You've got four hours to get your Night Actions into me, via PM please! Let's go.

Thank you to everyone for getting your Night Actions in. Day Two will be up in about 23.5 hours.

Thank you to Cleo Cow and Braxton Bear for playing! Please keep your identities secret until the game concludes.

Sorry your game was so short! I hope you had fun and I appreciate your participation!

The day conclusion has been added. A big thank you to Myrtle Monkey for playing!

I am sorry to bring everyone some sad news...

When I started this game I added Pernilla the Pig to the NPC to honor one of my favorite game hosts here, TinyPiesRUs (MagPiesRUs). Some of my absolutely favorite games here have been hosted by TPRU. Witch Hunt may be the ultimate "classic" of EB Mafia games. His series of Ragnarok was a ton of fun and I was lucky enough to play all three and even won two of them, including the absolutely epic Ragnarok 3. :wub: TPRU is an excellent example of a fun host who stuck to his mechanics while being fair to players when they had bad luck, but not going so far outside the original mechanics that it threw off the balance or original intentions of the game mechanics. His cinematography is solid and his storytelling is funny and compelling. Keeping Pernilla in this game was a way for me to remind myself to be a good host and not try to be an entertainer and meddle in the game, potentially ruining fun for people.

I PMed TPRU to see if he was interested in playing this game and received some unfortunate news. His mom informed me that he passed away in January. I will greatly miss his contributions to our community. I added Pernilla long before I learned of his passing, due to the effect his game hosting has had on my Mafia experience. Let alone him being the original focus of the oinking in Roman Mafia. Play this game hard, folks! I'm dedicating the whole thing to the memory of a great EB Fellow.

Flights of angels...

tpru.jpg

TPRU. You are greatly missed. I didn’t know he is no longer with us. :cry_sad:

This is indeed a very sad news for EB community. 

Oh no. My thoughts go out to TPRU's family.

Night Actions are in. You still have 30 minutes if you want to make changes. I'm taking pictures now and hope to have the new day up some time within the next couple of hours. Thanks to all of the players for getting Night Actions in on time. :thumbup:

This is very sad news. This must be an awful time for TPRU's family, and of course his death affects this community too. I am glad I once had the privilege of playing his Ragnarok Now Redux, and I'm glad that Pernilla is a tribute to him.

A huge thank you to Pierot Parrot and Pascha Poodle! Thank you for playing the game. Sorry to see you both go. Enjoy the discussion on the dead board. See you in the conclusion.

The Ragnaroks were definitely some of my favorite mafias, and a big part of that just boils down to a great host being a great host. In fact, looking at the Index, it looks like he may have hosted the very first mafia game here, too. We've truly lost one of the greats. Rest in peace TPRU. 

Really sad to hear about this. Ragnorok 3 was my first game here and definitely one of the most enjoyable. Thoughts are with his Family and friends.

Witch Hunt Mafia was my second game on Eurobricks and it's one of the ones I remember most. He was my inspiration to try and mess around with different host mechanics and making weird games.

Devastated to hear his passing. 

While I never got to play in one of his games, the Ragnarok trilogy were very fun to read and thought me a lot about how the mafia games typically work. This is very sad to hear. Rest easy TPRU. 

Deeply saddened to hear the news. 

While I signed up too late and was a reserve, following Ragnorak 3 was what got me into mafia.

TPRU was truly a titan of the EB community, and his presence will be missed. :cry_sad:

Thank you to Mr. Huxley Horse! Thank you for playing the game. I know real life got in the way for you. I hope you had fun! I enjoyed you being part of the game.

Also, the day conclusion is up. :thumbup:

Wow, shocking news. It's always sad to hear we've lost a member of the community. :sad:

Thank you to everyone for getting your Night Actions in so early. I should be able to get Day Four up before the 24 hour mark! :thumbup:

So...I went to breakfast and now I'm a bit behind and it looks like it will be up right at the 24 hour mark. Still great, though! Thanks for being on top of it, everybody.

Huge, huge thank yous to Gracie Goat and Ronan Rabbit. You guys played amazingly well! I really appreciate you taking part in my game and making a really fun one to host!

It really is all on the players to make a game successful, so another heartfelt thank you to everyone still in the game and those who have already been eliminated. :wub:

I have opened voting early. I am traveling for work this week and won't be able to post at the 24 hour mark. I have pictures taken for cut scenes but they will be sporadic. This shouldn't effect the overall game schedule as I will return home on Thursday morning, hopefully.