Sign in to follow this  
CVPI Guy

[MOC] Ford Crown Victoria CVPI

Hello,

this is my first moc (and I'm sorry for my english, I'm from Germany). It's my all-time favourite car. The immortal Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.

It took me about half a year on this moc to finish it (I wasn't working everyday on it). I had about 4 prototypes. It was very important to me, that it is recognisable, that it has detailes and also some features.

The Trunk has actually a big capacity for a model of this size. You can see on the pictures down below what goes into it and there is still some space left.

The thing i'm most proud of is the tail of the crown vic, with the black bar underneath the license plate.

I'm going to upload more versions on my flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157179425@N06/

I build one prototype in real, than i recreated it in LDD and then i render it in Bricklink Studio 2.0

If you have suggestion, you are very welcome.

CVPI Flickr NYPD.jpg

CVPI Flickr NYPD_2.jpg

CVPI Flickr NYPD_3.jpg

That looks great!  I would consider using another roof piece for the back rather than the cheese slopes just to have a softer transition (looks a little sharp right there at the end of the rear wheel well and body in the side view).  Very nice rendition and easy to recognize at first glance.  Nice build!  :classic:

Thank you very much!

I'm going to collect a few ideas and then there will be an updated version.

Great model, instantly recognizable! Especially the rear section is very well done in my opinion. My only point would be to set down the roof which is too tall scalewise (which could be seen with a minifig next to the car). I'd try the lower windscreen part for that purpose.

Another suggestion - rather an option - would be to widen the car by mounting SNOT tiles at the sides between the wheel wells. The look would be a bit more voluminous then - after all the Ford Crown Victoria is a full size-car. Also, by doing so, you might get a more distinct door shaping. 

Anyhow, looking forward to further car models from you!

I actually disagree for once. The rear end is SPOT ON. Don't mess with the rear lights and bumper/plate area. It was the most accurate depiction of this car I've seen yet.

VERY good job. But does its gas tank have a habit of yielding in a collision? :sceptic:

MAC

On 4/28/2019 at 12:29 PM, ER0L said:

Great model, instantly recognizable! Especially the rear section is very well done in my opinion. My only point would be to set down the roof which is too tall scalewise (which could be seen with a minifig next to the car). I'd try the lower windscreen part for that purpose.

Another suggestion - rather an option - would be to widen the car by mounting SNOT tiles at the sides between the wheel wells. The look would be a bit more voluminous then - after all the Ford Crown Victoria is a full size-car. Also, by doing so, you might get a more distinct door shaping. 

Anyhow, looking forward to further car models from you!

I will give it a try and see how it works. Do you have a link for an example with SNOT tiles at the sides? I still got a "conservative" building style and I'm not a lot into the technique with tiles at the side.

Which windshield do you mean? (You can tell me also in german:D)

Right now i'm making a few different liveries for my flickr.

Edited by CVPI Guy

19 hours ago, CVPI Guy said:

I will give it a try and see how it works. Do you have a link for an example with SNOT tiles at the sides? I still got a "conservative" building style and I'm not a lot into the technique with tiles at the side.

Which windshield do you mean? (You can tell me also in german:D)

Right now i'm making a few different liveries for my flickr.

(Sticking to English since that's the common language on EB.) I’m talking about this windshield: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=58181#T=C&C=13. If it proves to be too low (which I don't think it is) you may adjust the height by adding a layer of trans black plates underneath.

Regarding side tiles, you might take a look here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/er0l/21813718424/ 6w generally is the right option for a rather smallish super sports car like a Lotus Esprit. However the car didn‘t look right in plain 6w since these cars have a much different ratio between width and height than passenger cars. Thats why I added the "side planks" which give the car a more voluminous and profiled look. Within the scale system I'm using an American fullsize car like a Crown Vic wouldn't be built in 6w but in 7w for several reasons. But since you opted for 6w, my idea was to see if such side planks could make a difference.

Edited by ER0L