I wanted to build it for next Shiptember, but its impossible to wait if an idea in your head doesn't want to leave it 24/7. For sure its not 100 studs long but  also not so small.  I try to realize similarity with early battleships of XX century, added a big headlight like in steam locomotive, some other elements I took from art, I found in internet. And as a result we have this:  the corvette  bearing the number 04. It is one of Iron-class spaceships from Morgrim squadron. His captain is fearless Quark Quasarsson. I don't know why but I've invented the crew also. There is no space inside the ship to put them in, so they can only stand on the deck. But I just like them. Funny characters with cool names. On the group photo you can see the Captain itself, his helper boatswain Wimp Fuorsson, cannoneers squad an their Corporal Blazar HI, techintians and First engineer Pulsar Higgs.

46891819184_1ecfd23f6a_h.jpg

47563102612_5dcb848f0c_h.jpg

46891821614_3026a101ea_b.jpg

Some details

Spoiler

47563103112_93a11c815d_b.jpg

46891822654_d1d3c94d95_b.jpg

47563101992_c5fb6d9490_b.jpg

I really love the shape of that spaceship! It's really unique! The varying amount of details on the ship is a nice touch as well.:thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Mestari said:

Fantastic! I wonder how you put it on shelf. Does it need to be supported somehow?

Thank you! Yeah, the stern must be suported, because it's too heavy.

@kieran @ExeSandbox Thank you :)

You definitely nailed the retro-astro-mechanical look here (not exactly steampunk, but there's some overlap) and I love it. The piping along the bottom edge, the iron-clad warship look to it--so many wonderful details, while keeping a unique and almost whimsical overall shape. :thumbup:

On 4/18/2019 at 3:40 AM, Churchill said:

The headlight and the shape in the front add to the locomotive look.  Great job!

That was a goal :)

23 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

You definitely nailed the retro-astro-mechanical look here (not exactly steampunk, but there's some overlap) and I love it. The piping along the bottom edge, the iron-clad warship look to it--so many wonderful details, while keeping a unique and almost whimsical overall shape. :thumbup:

I think it's closer to dieasselpunk, but let be true - it is a whole new style of "something-punk"  :head_back:

@LEGO Train 12 Volts, @Reaper, @sander1992 thank you very much!

7 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

Lol, I love the crew.

Does the ship have any kind of interior?

Unfortunately it hasn't. The construction of some elements, such as portholes takes a lot of inner space and there is too small space left for interior. So I decided not to do it.

Edited by DwalinF

This is really brilliant ! The shape, that kind of "soviet touch" and all the details make it 100% original. :wub:

23 hours ago, ZapsBricks said:

Hi. Are you planning on selling the parts list and instructions? Thanks

Hi, unfortunately no.

4 hours ago, Lufobrick said:

This is really brilliant ! The shape, that kind of "soviet touch" and all the details make it 100% original. :wub:

"Soviet touch" - wow! It is interesting point of view :) Thank you

Oops, I didn't see that you we're Ukrainian ! :innocent::blush:

I think it's remind me the old ships from 1900, as we can see in the movie "Le cuirassé Potemkine" (sorry I don't know the name in english).

7 hours ago, Lufobrick said:

Oops, I didn't see that you we're Ukrainian ! :innocent::blush:

I think it's remind me the old ships from 1900, as we can see in the movie "Le cuirassé Potemkine" (sorry I don't know the name in english).

Yeah, exactly this kind of ships from early 1900 inspired me for this shape.

Just for me "soviet times" is associated with 60'-70' years