ProjectGBK

[MOC] Motorized Free Fall Tower

After I built Pirate Ship Ride last year, I've just completed my new project - Free Fall Tower! :laugh:

I always want to construct a minifigure scale thrill ride and make it fully automated model without any manual control or mindstome programming.

Spec of the Free Fall Tower:
Maximum capcity: 12 minifigures
Length: 32 x 32 Studs (not include motor and gear box)
Structural Height : 65 cm
Drop Height: 54 cm

How it works
Gear Box serves 3 main functions:
1) Generating pull power
It will pull rope which connected passenger car so the car can be lifted up.
2) Looping 2 gear modes
First "pull mode" & Second "neutral mode". gear box will keep looping between two modes in a fixed time period. Pull mode will lift up the car and neutral mode will stop giving pull power so the car will drop.
3) Reducing drop speed
The main axle connects to a high scale gear. When the car drop, the main axle will make the high scale gear spin really fast and it will generate a reverse force to the main axle for reducing the main axle spin speed. As a result, the drop will slow down. (Just imagine you are playing beyblade)

I've submitted it to LEGO IDEAS, if you like my work, please vote:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a3b37789-0467-4252-9adb-2d7ab44c27a5

Thank you!:excited:

d5fXzJX.jpggTReRX4.jpg

UMZeE6T.jpg

This is amazing!  Your builds are always really cool but for some reason I really love this one.  

Wasn't there a rumor last year about a possible Drop Tower coming out at some point?  Something like this would be a fantastic addition to the rides we already have.  How many pieces did you use to make this?

This is excellent.  I love your pirate ship too.

how does the gearbox slow the car down as it reaches the bottom. 

Brilliant model - I've supported it on ideas.

I love all the little details and the colour scheme is perfect. I especially like the lettering and the shoulder harnesses.

Good luck on ideas!

Ahhh how am I only just seeing this?! This is brilliant! It's such a clean build too, I could easily see this as an actual creator set! I like the smoothness that it drops and rises again, and that its automatic. The ride seating looks detailed too and spot on, it doesn't look at all like you've thrown something together for them to sit in. 

The little ticket office and stairways leading up and down are tidy too, everything about this just fits in perfectly! 

That's an amazing model, @ProjectGBK! It looks very professional. I really like the big cashpoint, the color scheme and everything all, too. I hope that your model or at least one similar set will be released next year for my fairground!

WOW - just amazing mate - voted for it on the ideas page - im actually making my own ones, but after seeing yours work, i need you to share the gearbox build - please share how you made this!!!