boisebrick

hands-on video review of the 75244 Tantive IV, feel free to take a look

Posted (edited)

hey everyone, I got an early copy of 75244 Tantive IV and thought you'd appreciate a look at it. hope you like!

link: 

Edited by boisebrick

Posted (edited)

It's growing on me. I initially thought it looked too similar to the 2009 version, but on second viewing it seems to be elongated and more proportional (apart from the larger bridge/cockpit).

Edit: Turns out the old one is less than 52 cm long, and according to the video (and LEGO's website) the new one is over 62 cm--pretty significant difference/improvement.

Edited by Raskolnikov

Posted (edited)

This looks like Mortesv´s Corvette in so much ways.

Edit: No just first impression, Mortesv´s is much much better.

Edited by Midlife-crisis

Thanks for the comments everyone. I think the biggest thing that this set has going against it is the fact that everyone was expecting it to be UCS. But it's a fine set, and it looks great on display. I've attached a picture below where you can kinda sorta almost see my patented "quick and lazy" display stand made of the trans blue half-cylinder pieces from vader's bacta tank (ignore Benny, he just likes to show off other people's work as his own...), and it's decently stable as a temporary solution. Anyways, will bring you guys more videos when I have something special to show, thanks again!

57034568_417237789077603_5904610133895282688_n.jpg

Looks good, but not $200 good. That price is kinda bonkers. Overall size feels like $150 max. Theres so many tiny pieces that make up that 1700 piece count. 

You did a really good job on the review! I appreciate you doing an English version and I look forward to seeing more.