Sign in to follow this  
Savage Oppress

Rumors of a new Lego Star Wars Game

Sound Engineer for Skywalker Sound said in a interview at Star Wars Celebration 2019 that there is a new Lego Star Wars game in development 

Edited by Savage Oppress

Sounds interesting. A big part of me is hoping it’s a remastered version of the original saga complete with dialogue from the movies. Possibly even Rogue One and Solo thrown in as well. But it could equally be the ST only since that’s wrapping up this year. 

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Sounds interesting. A big part of me is hoping it’s a remastered version of the original saga complete with dialogue from the movies. Possibly even Rogue One and Solo thrown in as well. But it could equally be the ST only since that’s wrapping up this year. 

I too want to see a remake of the complete saga. I was really hoping for a new LEGO Star Wars game reveal during Celebration considering it's the 20th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars at least we know one is in the works. Hopefully we get more details soon. Chances are it's probably going to be a game covering TLJ and TRoS maybe even RO and Solo.

The Brick Fan seems to know a bit about it and says that it will span all nine films and more!

"I’ve actually known about this game since early last year. It was said that “the new LEGO Star Wars is the most important game TT has released, ever.” The game is rumored to be completely remastered and will feature all 9 films from the Skywalker saga as well as part of the Extended Universe. It was also said that it would use procedurally generated worlds, similar to what LEGO Worlds uses, to explore in space while using hundreds of characters to play as."

https://www.thebrickfan.com/new-lego-star-wars-video-game-coming-in-2019-and-rumored-details/

This is gonna be huge!

Awesome! I've always wanted the LEGO Star Wars video games remade with voice-acting/archive audio, as well as updated minifigure characters. I'm looking forward to this!

This new LEGO Star Wars game should be called "LEGO Star Wars Ultimate"!

Based on what little has been rumored, the game sounds pretty insane! I can't wait to get some official info. Chances are we'll find out more at SDCC in July. It'll be a tough wait...

As long as Rogue One gets some love (at LEAST with playable characters) I'll be happy. And I'm not so sure I want more procedurally generated worlds like Lego Worlds again; I found it to be too aimless, and buggy, to enjoy it for very long. And with TLM2's game going that same route, now I'm not as interested in it either.

4 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

They better make Rebel Friend the preorder figure

While I doubt that'd happen, I really would like to see this.

Some new screenshots can be found at The Brick Fan. Its interesting that they've updated the Rogue One AT-ST with ball joints. One of the sets rumored for the Episode 9 wave is a First Order AT-ST so I'm wondering if the change in design could be reflective of that upcoming set.

I'd also love to see that Bantha also get a physical release. We've seen Lego versions animated in the past but this particular design does feel a lot more authentic as a toy with the eye printing, brick build saddle and molded seam lines along the horns so fingers crossed its a sign of things to come. There also looks to be a new type of Hoth Rebel that's worth keeping an eye out for.