ExoBuilder

Carter Crocs Vacation House

builders_guild.gifindexed.gif

Hello!

I stayed up pretty late working on this last night, I was working from 11 to 3. :hmpf:

I never had the chance of owning any Fabuland sets, though I'm going to make an effort to obtain some. I only have two Fabuland figs, so I try my best to make it look good enough. This was inspired by the amazing creations of Hinckley and SirNadroJ. Enough babbling! Onto the creation! :blush:

Here's an overall view of the house. The color of the roof got messed up in this pic, you'll see a better shot in the next one.

croc_house.jpg

I went through many roof combinations looking for the right one, I really like this one.

croc_house01.jpg

Here's an overall of the inside, I tried to add a good amount of detail, it was pretty hard though for such a small spot.

croc_house02.jpg

There's plenty more pictures in the Brickshelf page Here ( When public ) Don't worry, I gave it that Fabuland edge.

My friends, Hinckley and SirNadroJ learn that you shall never step on a Crocs lawn!

croc_house08.jpg

croc_house09.jpg

croc_house10.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, considering I don't have any Fabuland pieces.

Comments and critiscm are welcome. I'm looking forward to the FBG members comments. :sweet:

Its a little too red. Some accenting colors on the house would really help. I like the roof design.

Steve

Neat! :thumbup:

But it somehow looks like you bashed your sigfig's house for this. :hmpf: Well, somehow. :wink:

This is a good start for your first Fabuland house. :classic:

The red colour is fine, but if feel that it needs something....maybe ivy crawling up the side?

The roof is certainly different and interesting. :thumbup:

The interior is really good! :sweet: I really love that sink, too. :wub:

I think that the light in the streetlight need to be bigger, though. :wink:

Good job! :classic:

Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone! :classic:

Its a little too red. Some accenting colors on the house would really help. I like the roof design.

Steve

I know. It the majority of roof pieces that I have. Anyway, red just screams "Fabuland" to me!

This is a good start for your first Fabuland house. :classic:

The red colour is fine, but if feel that it needs something....maybe ivy crawling up the side?

The roof is certainly different and interesting. :thumbup:

The interior is really good! :sweet: I really love that sink, too. :wub:

I think that the light in the streetlight need to be bigger, though. :wink:

Good job! :classic:

Thank you! :blush:

Hmm, that's a good idea, I'll work on that some more. Thanks! I try to atleast make a good interior :laugh:

I'm not sure I have any good pieces to make a bigger streetlight though. :sceptic:

:sweet:

That´s a very charming and original building, very well done with a fine interior too. :thumbup:

Maybe you would need a refrigerator to store all the, um, delicious snacks you´re acquiring, and

some outside toilet could become handy too, considering your perhaps pretty hard to digest diet.... :tongue:

That´s a very charming and original building, very well done with a fine interior too. :thumbup:

Maybe you would need a refrigerator to store all the, um, delicious snacks you´re acquiring, and

some outside toilet could become handy too, considering your perhaps pretty hard to digest diet.... :tongue:

Thank you Asuka! :sweet: I wanted to add a toilet, but I couldn't make a separate room for it :laugh:

I added some detail to the house last night, I'll post pictures soon. :blush:

Thank you Asuka! :sweet: I wanted to add a toilet, but I couldn't make a separate room for it :laugh:

Hinck makes a great toilet (stop giggling, I'm tired and I can't be arsed to reword that), if you search for the last time he was on EB News (yes, we're on vacation, shush or I'll never get through this sentence), he swirlied my stunt double in it.

I added some detail to the house last night, I'll post pictures soon. :blush:

Excellent. I'm going to delay indexing this until you're absolutely thrilled with the final result. It's in my WIP file until then and looking good! :thumbup:

Hinck makes a great toilet (stop giggling, I'm tired and I can't be arsed to reword that), if you search for the last time he was on EB News (yes, we're on vacation, shush or I'll never get through this sentence), he swirlied my stunt double in it.

Excellent. I'm going to delay indexing this until you're absolutely thrilled with the final result. It's in my WIP file until then and looking good! :thumbup:

He does? Hmm, I made my own! :laugh: Well, here's the update, get ready for some pictures!

I took the advice of Athos and SirNadroJ on this one, I hope you guys like it :blush:

Overall of the house.

croc_update.jpg

I added some more foliage.

update2.jpg

Side of the house.

update4.jpg

Back of the house.

update6.jpg

Other side.

update7.jpg

Interior.

update9.jpg

I made a toilet!

update8.jpg

Better? Worse? You be the judge. Tell me what you think! :sweet:

Great job! Looks better now! :thumbup:

The ivy and plants look good! :classic:

Wow, even a toliet! My Fabulanders have to go in the backyard! :wink:

Definately better!! :thumbup:

Thanks! :blush:

Great job! Looks better now! :thumbup:

The ivy and plants look good! :classic:

Wow, even a toliet! My Fabulanders have to go in the backyard! :wink:

Thank you! Yes, there even is a toilet. :tongue: I treat my Fabulanders the best :sweet:

I see you've used my method for naming Fabuland characters! 2 syllable alliteration On! :laugh:

OK, since this is the Fabuland Builders Guild and we are about improving our skills, I'm going to give you some building tips. Please take this as constructive criticism and not insults. I mean to help you out, not insult you. First of all, I love the interior. Just like your sig-fig house, you've done an excellent job in furnishing it. I really like the bookcases, the lamp and the bed. The exterior has some nice details too. I like the exhaust vent and the ivy. Someone else had made the comment it looks a little too red. That's probably because it's all red. :laugh: It's important to use an accent color, which you did, the gray. That's great. But, perhaps you should try a black roof, so it doesn't look so red and add some more architectural details in grey. As far as the overall structure goes, it does look a little boxy to me. Granted, a lot of houses are just that: big boxes. Especially here in the states, average nice suburban houses, are really just big boxes with nice doors and windows and a small bit of visual variation to keep the box interesting. My suggestion to improve your house-building skills would be to find a picture of a house that you like and try to capture what you like about it with LEGO. Give it a shot and see how it works. You're obviously a talented builder already, and it's different to wrap your mind around a new area of building, ie houses. It's a great start and very creative, but with some practice I think you'll be surprised at how much better you can make it.

Great work and thanks for contributing to the Fabuland Builders Guild! :sweet:

Nice job Exo-builder! i think it looks a lot better now. Just one question though, did you keep the EDGE :devil: ?

Thanks for the tips Hinckley! i am going to take them into consideration while updating my Fabuland building!

Edited by ricecracker

I see you've used my method for naming Fabuland characters! 2 syllable alliteration On! :laugh:

OK, since this is the Fabuland Builders Guild and we are about improving our skills, I'm going to give you some building tips. Please take this as constructive criticism and not insults. I mean to help you out, not insult you. First of all, I love the interior. Just like your sig-fig house, you've done an excellent job in furnishing it. I really like the bookcases, the lamp and the bed. The exterior has some nice details too. I like the exhaust vent and the ivy. Someone else had made the comment it looks a little too red. That's probably because it's all red. :laugh: It's important to use an accent color, which you did, the gray. That's great. But, perhaps you should try a black roof, so it doesn't look so red and add some more architectural details in grey. As far as the overall structure goes, it does look a little boxy to me. Granted, a lot of houses are just that: big boxes. Especially here in the states, average nice suburban houses, are really just big boxes with nice doors and windows and a small bit of visual variation to keep the box interesting. My suggestion to improve your house-building skills would be to find a picture of a house that you like and try to capture what you like about it with LEGO. Give it a shot and see how it works. You're obviously a talented builder already, and it's different to wrap your mind around a new area of building, ie houses. It's a great start and very creative, but with some practice I think you'll be surprised at how much better you can make it.

Great work and thanks for contributing to the Fabuland Builders Guild! :sweet:

Thank you for the constructive critiscm, I shall comment on it now.

I've always been a big ship builder, so making a house is a new world for me, I have no experience in it. I've been looking around on Bricklink for some black roof pieces, I'm not having much luck finding them :sceptic: . I'm going to be taking a look at some of the houses from the Build a House for your sig fig contest to get some inspiration, that should help alittle. Thank you for the constructive critiscm Hinckley, I will keep it in mind while working on it. :sweet:

It's very...red. And I love it! :laugh: for some reason I think the roof should be on an ice cream shop :wacko: the roof is my favourite though!

Thank you for the constructive critiscm, I shall comment on it now.

I've always been a big ship builder, so making a house is a new world for me, I have no experience in it. I've been looking around on Bricklink for some black roof pieces, I'm not having much luck finding them :sceptic: . I'm going to be taking a look at some of the houses from the Build a House for your sig fig contest to get some inspiration, that should help alittle. Thank you for the constructive critiscm Hinckley, I will keep it in mind while working on it. :sweet:

I suggest to get inspiration from pics of real houses, otherwise you are just adopting someone else's building techniques. That may work for now as you're learning about house building, but to create your own style, you should use real pics, IMO...