Is there a way to convert the CSV file into something vaguely useful?

I don't really have any desire to upload my .IO file. It offers to create a CSV file, but BrickLink doesn't support the upload of CSV files. O_o;

Probably the answer to your question is "yes", but remains to see how it is difficult.

Could you provide a few lines snippet of the csv file, in order to take a look at it?

Well, I wrote a PHP file to convert it from CSV to BSX, but I was wondering if there was a site which did it out there.

Converting text formats is easy, it is just tedious and I find it slightly annoying that Stud.IO tries to force you to upload the full model to them.

Depends on what you mean with "vaguely useful".

You can upload your design as Wanted List to BrivkLink from Stud.io. On the Wanted List you can set the number of bricks you already have. Then in shops you can filter on items where the wanted quantity is larger than the have quantity.

12 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Is it a feature you need to be logged in for? (I have no issue with that being the case)

Yes.  You can only create a part list (and then export it) on your own account.

You can also upload the .io directly into a rebrickable part list but it’s up to you to trust the site only read it to get the parts and not to sell your design to Lepin behind your back

6 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

I just use the direct to bricklink upload feature. 

And I’m not sure Studio actually uploads the whole .io file to BL:

• when you upload a WL from Studio, it opens a webpage with the XML version of the WL pasted in, and the next step is verifying the list in a proper HTML form with images,
  • when you use the website to upload, the .io file is uploaded and verified with only a simple message, and then you verify the list form, no XML version in between,
  • and there are conversion errors in the web uploading that don’t happen in the direct Studio/XML version,

so I think Studio sends the part list in XML form, not the actual .io.

Another solution is to unbuild your model before uploading; scatter the parts all around the workspace….

I might set up a network monitor and see what it uploads via a test parts list. Would be worth knowing.

@SylvainLS Your insight into the internal upload feature seems well thought out.

It already uploads the list whether you like it or not, to create the estimated price tag in the status bar at the bottom of the window. Which I think is kinda annoying.

As I said, at this point, it is more about awareness than anything, as I already converted the CSV file to BSX. Scattering the pieces sounds like hard work. The model is a good bit over 1000 pieces.

The IO file will be made public once it is done, since it is GBC module designed by someone else, where I am doing the digital version with their permission. It is the principle of the thing more than anything.

8 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Yes.  You can only create a part list (and then export it) on your own account.

You can also upload the .io directly into a rebrickable part list but it’s up to you to trust the site only read it to get the parts and not to sell your design to Lepin behind your back

And I’m not sure Studio actually uploads the whole .io file to BL:

• when you upload a WL from Studio, it opens a webpage with the XML version of the WL pasted in, and the next step is verifying the list in a proper HTML form with images,
  • when you use the website to upload, the .io file is uploaded and verified with only a simple message, and then you verify the list form, no XML version in between,
  • and there are conversion errors in the web uploading that don’t happen in the direct Studio/XML version,

so I think Studio sends the part list in XML form, not the actual .io.

Another solution is to unbuild your model before uploading; scatter the parts all around the workspace….

I don't believe this has ever happened so why are you bringing up such hearsay?

Had no fear of that. That said, it is a bit like Facebook and more recently Bounty.

I would rather not upload stuff which isn't needed.

These days, the issue may relate more to someone hacking the site and stealing all the upload IO files.

Anyway, my main issue, was the fact that it let you export a CSV file which was incompatible with BrickLink.

Edited by Ankoku
Typo

54 minutes ago, supertruper1988 said:

I don't believe this has ever happened so why are you bringing up such hearsay?

That’s not hearsay, that’s obvious sarcastic exageration.

whatever happened to this thread, the CSV import is obviously importing a lot of crap in an unusable format, has anyone chased this in the last 12 months ?  

4 hours ago, BennyT19 said:

whatever happened to this thread, the CSV import is obviously importing a lot of crap in an unusable format, has anyone chased this in the last 12 months ?  

Is there an issue with the "add to wantedlist" button?

I want to export a parts list but not add it to a wanted list on bricklink. Just get a list of what parts are in the moc.

But all I can do is make a 1 page instruction sheet with small pixelated versions of the parts.

How can I export the parts list as a clear page?