Sign in to follow this  
Hive

Ideas for second floor businesses for modulars

Hi,

I'm currently struggling a bit coming up with ideas for businesses to put on my second floors of custom modulars. I really love the ideas LEGO did with dentist, vet, painter, photographer, music teacher, detective and such - but what to do next? What type of business are both suitable for the second floor placement and fun to do in LEGO? I find those much harder to figure out than the ground floor shops - and I don't want to do appartments for all of them...

maybe something like this!?

- Yoga/Tai Shi room

- a gym/ work-out room

- illegal poker room

- inside swinng pool ( a welness, massage kind of place )

- psychiatrist

Goodluck with your build!

Greetings!

6 hours ago, carebear said:

- inside swinng pool ( a welness, massage kind of place )

I'm curious... how would that work on the second floor? Has that ever actually been done?

Here's some stuff that comes to mind just thinking about various small businesses from towns I've spent a lot of time in:

• Newspaper/magazine/publishing company, with a printing press, writers' desks, etc.
  • Martial arts studio
  • Historical society archive
  • Bookstore
  • Comic shop
  • Antique shop
  • Record store
  • Tailor shop
  • Daycare
  • Pet groomer
  • Jeweler
  • Outdoor apparel store
  • Sporting goods store
  • Art gallery
  • Tattoo/piercing business
  • Cosmetics store
  • Bed and breakfast
  • Spa/massage parlor
  • Travel agency
  • Psychic/palm reader/fortune teller
  • Locksmith
  • Electronics repair/IT business (though that might be more modern than many people's modular towns).
  • Graphic design studio
  • Craft store (selling fabric, yarn, beads, etc)

Dunno if all of those do anything for you but at least a few of these ideas either suit your needs or help you think of some more ideas of your own!

In the spirit of the most current modular, how about:

First level: Amsterdam style coffee shop

Second level: Day Care center

Third level: tattoo parlor

On 4/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, Hive said:

I'm curious... how would that work on the second floor? Has that ever actually been done?

Hi,

I have never made that but that's on my to do list, in real life there are places that have swimming pools/welness centre on the second floor so wy not in modular form

i made a gym on a modular schoolbuilding, you can easaly replace the gym mats for a pool

I hope this helps

Greetings!

Edited by carebear

For a larger MOC (32 square baseplate), maybe an upstairs roller skating rink? There used to be several in my city back when I was a kid. they were the old style wood floored ones with benches, lockers, and office/admissions desk on one side by the door. These rinks all had exterior entrances with stairs on the outside (usually concrete/stone).

An accounting firm might be another good one.

When I built my Corner Garage, I removed the Vet and made that area an auto parts store on the 2nd floor, and parts warehouse on the 3rd floor. Fit the theme better i thought, especially since there is direct access from the garage.

Edited by Silverhurst

Around the areas where I like to visit, there are a lot of places on the second floor of buildings that do musical instrument repair/refurbishment. There are also hairdressers and legal firms, photography studios and private consultants for things like Engineering etc.