Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[PA Cup - Cat B Class 1] A'chua's Catamaran

Achua's Catamaran

A'chua hails from the New Haven seas, an area as-yet unmapped by westerners. He has always followed his thirst for exploring, with his small outrigger the perfect vessel for his needs.

One day, when exploring islands to the West, he encountered an Oleonaise fishing vessel. While communication was not straightforward, the sailors were able to trade with A'Chua for valuable fruit.

In thanks, they informed him of a sailing challenge on a nearby island, and even gave him a swatch of cloth, so that he could enter for Oleon.

Class 1: 

R: 3 M: 5 G: 0 C: 0 $: 0 H: 1

Built and licensed

Edited by Ross Fisher

Although I don't particularly like the shape of a "two-rowboats-come together" vessels, yours is cleverly build with the connection point (stern to stern) nicely hidden so it's not obtrusive. I also love the use of the angry birds sail and the minifig (as always) !

Nice little boat, the stern is nice with the mini-minifig and the sail is also well done.

@Fraunces Thanks! The miniminifig is supposed to be in the bows, though. A'chua himself is at the stern. Appreciate your point about the sail, though. Lego don't make it easy to attach items at 45° angles...

2 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Fraunces Thanks! The miniminifig is supposed to be in the bows, though. A'chua himself is at the stern. Appreciate your point about the sail, though. Lego don't make it easy to attach items at 45° angles...

I meant the bow yes.. I know how hard sailmaking is and you did an excellent job

Cool to see a (well-made) native boat entering the race!

I like how you have hidden the connection between the two prefabs.

Technically, this would be an outrigger rather than a catamaran, but that is probably nitpicking ;)

Well done and good luck in the race!

11 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Bregir Thanks, what's the difference? Is it about the size of the hulls?

Yes, more or less. A catamaran would have two equal or similar hulls side by side. And outrigger is a normal boat with an (well, yes...) outrigger to give added stability:)

I think this boat has now won a BOBS card for finishing in the top 3 in its class. Since it has no cargo space and no guns, please can the card either rectify one of these things, or be transferable? It might be time for A'chua to settle down and have a family...