Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

King of Avlonia Final Entry: de Gothia

The throneroom in Albion bathed in sunlight as the cermony came in to the last part, the crowning of the King. Lords and ladies from different guilds had come to witness the crowning as well as many Avalonians, at least those who got the place in the mighty room. 

de Gothia, the Lord who had stood up for Avalonia for so many years, had served the former King Artorious Rex as he ruled over the land, had been named High Lord of Avalonia and had also named the capital and Pearl City of Avalonia, was now ready to step up as King of the most powerful guild of the Historica. de Gothia was ready to rule Avalonia in the new direction, away from wars and slaughter and instead into a new era with trade and commerce to make the guild even more greener. 

de Gothia was more ready than ever... 

33723929728_a200e84c14.jpg

40634775813_3084f06448.jpg

C&C as always welcome. I have taken inspiration from my opponent, HQ .. I just love his recent interior mocs with those large windows and the lightning!

Edited by de Gothia

This is a wonderful throne room MOC, the tiered arches in back with the Avalonian colors behind give it just the right flair and the dragon heads on either side are perfect!  Great idea to bring in some nice light through the windows on the side, it sets the atmosphere really well.  I also like the attention to detail with the soldiers lining the center aisle!

Awesome job, dG! The room is all around nicely detailed and yet not overdone, kudos for the lighting - it gives the whole scene something of an epic impression, as appropriate for the subject matter. I love the crowd (is that a half-elf dressed in red? :wink:), representative of the Guild's diversity; the room is full but not overcrowded. I also like the presence of the whole of dG's family. Overall, a lovely scene with added balance and harmony - well done! :classic:

This is beautiful! A lot of figures, but not so crowded. The hall is clear, the light and the colors really catches the feeling of crowning an Avalonuan ruler.

Great scene! I love the lighting, windows and dragon skulls :thumbup:
A fitting reward for a long faithful service to Avalonia and Historica to be crowned king!

OOC: So happy we have these lattice windows now. They really make building large medieval windows so much easier...
My only (very minor) nitpick is that the back wall outside of the arches is a little bit too big and gray.

9 hours ago, en_zoo said:

is that a half-elf dressed in red? :wink:

Looks like my sigfig! :classic: 

Wonderful throne room.  I like the windows, especially the lattice work.  The arches behind the throne look good.  The throne itself is pretty cool.  Love the dragon heads.  The floor looks really nice.  Great figs also. 

Awesome!  I love the cleanliness of the build with the floor design, the contrasting greens behind the throne, the guards, etc.  The new square windows look great, too.  I would like to see larger pictures (which I did on Flickr) as the throne room doesn't quite have the expansive feel that I would have envisioned, but I know that's hard with a 32x32 requirement.  The dragon heads on either side of the throne are great, and the white flowers are a fantastic addition.  I also like the inclusion of the carved runes at the base of the throne.  Well done!

Good job going all-LEGO for the shots (great minds must think alike, I guess) and I love the light shining through the windows; I am both happy and sad to have given you the inspiration, as your competitor. I was hoping your build would be bad, so I'd have at least a shot at beating the legendary Lord de Gothia, but you disappointed me by building something beautiful. The restrained use of texture is nice, and I really like the arches behind the throne with the guild colors under them. My favorite touch just might be the dragon heads on those pediments, though; I wish I had two of them! (I ordered two from BL for the intro build for the challenge, but was only shipped one; hence I put a chalkboard-type thing in front of where the second would have been, but I didn't think I could get away with a similar move again...sigh). The tiling on the floor is a nice nod to DC's throneroom, where he had a very similar pattern, too. My only real objection is that I don't see Henjin anywhere. He would have wanted to be there, for sure. 

On 4/14/2019 at 3:18 PM, Gideon said:

So happy we have these lattice windows now. They really make building large medieval windows so much easier..

Those are just the best. I love them. 

Wow I love those dragon heads mate... beautiful interior and nice yellowish lighting on photography too :)

Beautiful throne room, and you nailed the Avalonian style.The 2x2 round brick columns look great, as do the series of arches over sand green/dark green bricks behind the throne :thumbup:

The dragon skulls and various sig figs finish the scene nicely :dsweet:

Love the throne room!  You've done a great job with the lighting, and I think I recognize an awful lot of figs in that crowd.... (are those Simon and SI-Mocs sigfigs!!!?)  

Excellent work DG!