Eoin was very exited! He had been given orders to go to some mountains close to the orc marshes to oversee a castle that had been recently built there. His own castle! He could not stop thinking about it as he gazed at all the little wooden watchtowers along the road, they really looked like the turrets on a castle...

AoM tower phase 1

5 minutes ago, The Last of Nergoue said:

nice simple tower, really like the landscaping. 

Thank you! I got inspiration from this build, then decided to make it very small and to add some snow and grass.

Interesting idea for a tower.  I like the pine trees.  The irregular base looks good.  Nice figs too.  

39 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Interesting idea for a tower.  I like the pine trees.  The irregular base looks good.  Nice figs too.  

Thank you! :dsweet:

Very nice work!  I like how it's simple and elegant.  The curved tiles at the bottom of the tower suggest some roundness that would otherwise not be there, and the tower itself has enough detail to appear realistic without being too detailed.  I would again suggest some more light, particularly from the front, to help brighten up the picture.  Great job, and keep up the good work!

9 hours ago, Grover said:

Very nice work!  I like how it's simple and elegant.  The curved tiles at the bottom of the tower suggest some roundness that would otherwise not be there, and the tower itself has enough detail to appear realistic without being too detailed.  I would again suggest some more light, particularly from the front, to help brighten up the picture.  Great job, and keep up the good work!

Thank you! I got a new camera recently and I am still getting the hang of it.

The tower is nice, especially the SNOT sides of the top, and the trees are nice, and the simple touches on the ground fit well with the rest. Getting some brighter pictures will help presentation, and even subtle things like rotating the image slightly to make the center post of the tower fully vertical will improve it even more. 

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The tower is nice, especially the SNOT sides of the top, and the trees are nice, and the simple touches on the ground fit well with the rest. Getting some brighter pictures will help presentation, and even subtle things like rotating the image slightly to make the center post of the tower fully vertical will improve it even more. 

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

1 minute ago, Eoin Wallace said:

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

You can even do it now on Flickr, with their photo editor. The crop/rotate function will let you adjust the lean a bit. 

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

You can even do it now on Flickr, with their photo editor. The crop/rotate function will let you adjust the lean a bit. 

Thanks for the tip, I tried it out and it worked very well :classic:

Simple and appropriate to Phase1. The trees are a nice touch and I like the ground :thumbup: Keep it coming!

18 hours ago, en_zoo said:

Simple and appropriate to Phase1. The trees are a nice touch and I like the ground :thumbup: Keep it coming!

Thanks, i'm almost done phase II now!

Brings back some memories of old Mitgardian builds seeing those grass stalk pine trees :thumbup: Great work with the tower itself and I like how you use one yellow arm and one green arm on the soldiers.

Excellent cobblestone path with the various round elements :classic: