Ex cinno

My first Lego trains book

Here are two pictures from Novegro Hobby Model Expo were I presente my new (and first!) book dedicated to Italian historic trains that I reproduced with Lego.

The volume also contains instructions for building two versions of the E 424 locomotive, shown on the cover, at 7 and 3 stud.

To follow some pictures taken from the book.

My first book

My book 2

E424 between factories and chimneys

E656 under a roman aqueduct

D 145 at Monument Valley

Corbellini and tuscany hills

BB 169 in a medieval setting

Ciao Claudio, 

Congratulations to your book about LEGO models of Italian trains. Can you tell a little bit about the contents of your book? Does it only focus on models of original prototypes or does it bring building techniques or historic background information of the real stuff? 

Anyway, a great addition to my book "LEGO Treni" which shows up on the book table close to your book.

Who published the book? 

Best regards, 

Holger

50 minutes ago, mrseven said:

Very nice. Is there an ISBN number, because I like to order it via my lokal book store.

Thank you.

Codice ISBN 9788869283093

Thank you.

Claudio

1 hour ago, HoMa said:

Ciao Claudio, 

Congratulations to your book about LEGO models of Italian trains. Can you tell a little bit about the contents of your book? Does it only focus on models of original prototypes or does it bring building techniques or historic background information of the real stuff? 

Anyway, a great addition to my book "LEGO Treni" which shows up on the book table close to your book.

Who published the book? 

Best regards, 

Holger

Good evening Holger and thank you for your kind words.

I bought your book when it came out and really loved it. So much quality content and pics! I can definitely say it was my biggest inspiration to try to publish something for italian readers too.
My book is divided in 10 different chapters from letter A to L, plus introduction and a SNOT tecnique chapter.
Every chapter tells the story of a locomotive or carriage, starting from the real one to the model I created with Lego.
I wanted to give all the readers and train lovers the opportunity to share with me my passion for creating something new and different from pre-made sets, so I included in the book the instructions to build my custom 7 studs E424, also in mini-scale 3 stud version.

Claudio
Edited by Ex cinno

On 4/12/2019 at 7:18 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Great work Claudio, you've done an amazing book :thumbup:  ...I envy you a little bit :wink:!

You have nothing to envy, you are a master for me.

By the way: may be you could find a little surprise in my book... :grin:

On 4/12/2019 at 7:33 PM, traintraum said:

Well ... that's very impressive! ;-o Great models - and a beautyful bachground :)

Thank traintraum for your nice words.

Excellent work and congratulations on publishing the book! You should post a couple of teaser pages. Meanwhile, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, your background displays are as good as your trains (I particularly like the one with the small hills covered with houses)

On 4/16/2019 at 6:56 AM, zephyr1934 said:

Excellent work and congratulations on publishing the book! You should post a couple of teaser pages. Meanwhile, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, your background displays are as good as your trains (I particularly like the one with the small hills covered with houses)

Thank you a lot zephyr1934 for your nice words. By the way, may be you particulary like it because you haven't seen my last background yet.  :iamded_lol:

On 4/22/2019 at 4:28 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Excellent book!  Will there be an English version soon?

Thank Vilhelm22.  I'm sorry, but unfortunately there is no English version of my book currently being processed. :sceptic:

On 4/16/2019 at 6:56 AM, zephyr1934 said:

Sorry zephyr1934 but in the previous answer I forgot your request about a couple of teaser of my book. You can see them here: http://www.sanditlibri.it/treni-legor-italiani.html  

Just clik "Sfoglia l'anteprima".

On 4/28/2019 at 1:52 AM, ivanlan9 said:

Please post some teaser pages; it may be that English is not really needed. ...

Hello ivanlan9, here you can see some preview of my book: http://www.sanditlibri.it/treni-legor-italiani.html   Just click "Sfoglia l'anteprima" :classic:

Some more information: the instructions to build the two versions of the E424 have no comments and therefore can also be used by those who don't know Italian. Instead the first 80/90 pages of my book are composed of text and photos of eight more model, among locomotives and carriages, all originally designed by me. 

It does look useful, but unless I'm missing something it doesn't look like it can be ordered outside of Italy.

Metta,

Ivan

16 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

It does look useful, but unless I'm missing something it doesn't look like it can be ordered outside of Italy.

Metta,

Ivan

Hi Metta, also Amazon Italia and other online bookstores sell my book but I don't know if they send it outside of Italy.

Here the link for Amazon site: https://www.amazon.it/italiani-istruzioni-costruire-locomotore-mattoncini/dp/8869283097/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=1L4Y0RDSBRCV2&keywords=treni+lego+italiani&qid=1556720482&s=gateway&sprefix=treni+lego+italiani%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-1  

Hi Claudio,

great job!!! I've just bought it and I'm waiting to read it as a kid!!!:excited:

I've always loved your creations, and this book is really something I want to keep and consult! Thanks for your work!:wub:

Davide

Will there be an English version? Does it make sense to buy the Italian version if I don't speak Italian (few texts, mostly language-idenpendant instructions)?

I wanted to buy it, figuring I wouldn't need much Italian (and could rely on my specks and shreds of Latin to help me through the rough spots), but I couldn't get amazon.co.it to recognize me. ... after about an hour I gave up.

Too bad, it looks like it would be a great book, as I admire Sergio's trains enormously.

Metta (not my name),

Ivan (my name)