Teazza

Problem adding pictures

Hi, in my latest post I'm not able to add pictures. When I choose the filed from drive it comes an error message, and it's impossible to load the picture.

Which could be the problem?

I tried with different file dimension and different browsers, but Always the same message.

Thanks for the help

Bye

Matteo

The paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks that you're talking about is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  You only get 100K total, so even 1 regular image probably pushed you to the limit of available space.  For sharing photos of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr, if not using a Lego-focussed image hosting service.

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

That really sucks... why to impose such a limit? And on top of that the 100K limit is by topic, so you cannot even reply to add more pictures :-(

Eurobricks is a fan run site funded by ads, we can't afford to be an image host as well as a forum. The 100k limit is to allow you to upload an avatar to the site if needs be.

There are a lot of external image hosts out there, it is not too much hassle to upload images elsewhere and then deeplink them here. 

Adding the image via a Flickr link is really easy and allows you to keep the image at a good resolution. Adding it this way also resizes them to view properly on the forum. People can then click on the image and be taken to view your Flickr account.