Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Nine

Please Only Post in Here With Your Given Anonymous Accounts!
That means you, Tariq j...

It'pirates_banner.png

---

img_1949.jpg

It was late at night, and Joseph Finch was walking the decks.

"I sure am glad all the weapons are locked up now! It means I can walk around safely!"

img_1950.jpg

Unfortunately for him, he was wrong, as someone moved the crane holding the heavy treasure chest over him.

"What's that noise? Ho hum, better keep on walking."

img_1951.jpg

The crane let go and fell on poor Joseph, crushing and killing him instantly.

"Ouch."

I said instantly.

"Sorry."

img_1952.jpg

"Captain." Henry said. "We've come to a complete stop. The three of us can't control the ship on our own. What do we do?"

"Aye, we keep on the course. We were unlucky yesterday. Jack Alden was a Loyal Pirate. Timothy, however, I can't tell. His alignment is a mystery to me. Also, last night we lost poor Joseph. He was a Loyal Pirate too. All I know is that I'm going to have to pick up more crew at the Imperial Trade Post when all this is over." 

---

Alive Players:
hammond.jpg
Louisa “The Fierce” Hammond
triggs.jpg
Patrick “Paddy” Triggs
ogden.jpg
Henry “The Kraken” Ogden

In Davy Jones' Locker:
pinkerton.jpg
Alexander “The Anchor” Pinkerton - Loyal Pirate (mod-killed, Night One)
thornton.jpg
Jane “One-Eared” Thornton - Loyal Pirate (run through, Night One) 
fontaine.jpg
Remy “The French” Fontaine - Loyal Pirate (walked the plank, Day Two)
brewster.jpg
Bartholomew “Barty” Brewster - Imperial Soldier (sunk to the depths, Day Three)
holton.jpg
Geoffrey “The Brave” Holton - Imperial Soldier (eaten by a shark, Day Four)
smith.jpg
Gordon “Crow’s Nest” Smith - Loyal Pirate (de-feathered, Night Four)
langley.jpg
Malcolm “Swab’s The Deck” Langley - Unknown (walked the plank, Day Five) 
chapman.jpg
Thomas “Lucky” Chapman - Loyal Pirate (luck ran out, Day Six)
clayton.jpg
Nigel “The Immortal” Clayton - Loyal Pirate (hooked, Night Six)
alden.jpg
Jack “One Eye” Alden - Loyal Pirate (swims with the fishes, Day Eight)
dixon.jpg
Timothy “The Butcher” Dixon - Unknown (shot through the heart, Day Eight)
finch.jpg
Joseph “The Ruthless” Finch - Loyal Pirate (crushed by a chest, Night Eight) 

--

Rules (Please Read!):

1)    Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is completely anonymous. You are not to disclose your participation in this game anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are.

2)    In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private. There is no way to successfully enforce this rule, and I don’t encourage people running and snitching if someone has done it.

3)    You are either a Loyal Pirate or an Imperial Soldier. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.

4)    A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours. Do not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

5)    The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.

6)    You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. 

7)    If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. There will not be a deadboard and even when you die, you are not to reveal your identity or reveal your participation. You will find out who played who at the end of the game

8)    Don’t edit your posts, please.

9)    Please post in every day thread. If something comes up, please come to me privately and let me know. 

10)    Try to be nice to your fellow players.

Once again, players only and please use your given alternate account! Please PM me with any questions! 
That means you, Tariq j...

:ugh:

Vote: Henry Ogden

Who'd a thought It would be a three player showdown. 

Henry is scum so he'll vote for me, leaving it up to Pat to cast the final winning or losing vote. 

Pretty sure Tim was scum.

How did Tim's quarters get cleaned along with there being a night kill?

I’m pretty tired of this, luckily it’s the last day.  Patrick has to be town, unless he was recruited... which should be expressly stated up front before signing up.

So Louisa, who lots of people have relentlessly accused, and I’ve stubbornly been sticking up for...

and I haven’t been night killed since the scum have known I was PGO from the moment I told her...

and there were some wonky blocks made...

I don’t know that Timothy was scum, he could have hammered Jack’s lynch on day seven.  

I wonder if Patrick could be scum, after all, I had to convince him to lynch Geoffrey... but he was so sincerely naive about the jailkeeper being a counter-claim to Louisa’s blocker.

All said, despite some solid play early on, I clearly messed up by sharing my role with the ‘town block’.

I’m waiting to see what Patrick has to say.

I'm getting a bit tired too Henry.

So evidently Joseph and Malcolm were both town, so Timothy was a bit prescient saying there could only be four scum... leaning on inside knowledge by the looks of it. I think Timothy was scum, but he wanted to avoid the optics of hammering Jack - by my notes Joseph was actually the one with the hammering vote.

I know I'm not scum, and cooperating with Louisa has been productive, and there is one person in the end who has flown under the radar to an extent.

1 hour ago, Henry Ogden said:

and I haven’t been night killed since the scum have known I was PGO from the moment I told her...

There's another explanation for that.

3 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

How did Tim's quarters get cleaned along with there being a night kill?

The janitor could be a day thing, or maybe the scum was allowed to do two things at once.

Feeling a bit Vera Claythorne at the moment.

Looking back at day four, Henry pushing Geoffrey's lynch so heavily could have been scum motivated since the lynch was so likely to happen. As scum, he might as well make the most of losing another scum mate by trying to appear townie. Worked out pretty well for him so far.

His behavior did seem a bit forced and excessive as did his interactions with Geoffrey.

Malcolm even said he seemed a bit to cheery.

Patrick, if you’re town, then...the game is broken so scum can’t win.  Actually, if you’re scum, the game is broken, and scum can’t win :laugh:

I have reasons to think both you and Louisa are scum, but since you gave the evidence that got Geoffrey lynched, and many (now lynched) townies suspected Louisa, yeah, there were some weird blocks that didn’t add up.  I just gave them no mind because A) I wasn’t privy to all that was going on in your PMs, so I just figured I didn’t know about it and didn’t think about it much.  I told you early on, the info needed to go one way, and not once did I pry anything from you, though you blabbed my role (as Joseph let me know in PM before he died, and Louisa pointed to you as the one who shared).  I relied on public info for most everything. And B) I was stubbornly tunnel-visioned about my call on her as town early on and C) if you were scum, you would have just thrown up your vote against me, the townie, since Louisa went ahead and did hers already.

Anyway, if you are town and vote wrong, you are jailkeeper and jailkeep yourself forever so you can’t die at night, and this is a majority vote system, so nobody can get voted out.  So the game goes on forever.  Or Louisa is the other town, and she blocks you, and you can’t kill her, so the game goes on forever. Captain Bob explicitly stated in his rules that scum must outnumber town to win, and that a majority is needed to lynch, unless he cheats the game somehow, with some fake strongman role or rule tweaking that would force all players to call shenanigans on the game.  Only one game was the last scum player given multiple night actions, that I recall, and though that scum lost, it was cheat, and was called out for it regardless (and that scum was our own captain Bob, coincidentally enough, if I remember correctly :hmpf_bad: ).  Scum should not have any actions on top of their night kill, that’s a cheat.

So the options are, and this is my idea:

1) You’re town, you vote Louisa, town wins

2) You’re town, you vote me, it’s a draw

3) You’re scum, you vote me, it’s a draw

I’ll take it either way.  This game is not about winning or surviving, it’s about not letting those scummy bastards win.  On your side, hopefully (if you’re town) it relieves some stress from this choice, and if you’re scum, I hope you’re throwing your hat on the ground and stomping on it angrily.

I’d prefer the win.

Vote: Louisa

Louisa, your only hope of winning was to lynch Patrick, but then could you block and kill me at the same time? :sceptic: That would have been fun, a mafia with zero survivors.  

See you all in the conclusion

xhHTxRHCe5Ob_Uc1GQj1FJk21RXkHxrKkRAhLO5s

Read the rules, Scummo:

the scum need to outnumber the town.

It should be parity, but it’s not.  Now go throw your hat on the ground and stomp on it, then grit your teeth and shake your fist at me.  Unless the host cheats, town can’t lose :roflmao:

Outnumber: to be greater in number than someone or something

Last I heard, one is not greater than one.

34 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

though you blabbed my role (as Joseph let me know in PM before he died, and Louisa pointed to you as the one who shared).

lol if you think you can shade me like that you got another thing coming. 

Also, pretty sure Pat told Jack everything he knew some time ago. Maybe Joseph got his info thru Jack?

8 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Read the rules, Scummo:

It should be parity, but it’s not.  Now go throw your hat on the ground and stomp on it, then grit your teeth and shake your fist at me.  Unless the host cheats, town can’t lose :roflmao:

Outnumber: to be greater in number than someone or something

Last I heard, one is not greater than one.

Okay it won't be a checkmate, but it will be a stalemate. Neither is a win.

We're not done here.

2yenos.gif

Oh, you wrote Jack, not Joseph.  Wow, you got me. That was my dastardly plan, pinning you with PM’ing the name Jospeh, not Jack.  If only Patrick believed that, I would have gotten a draw, not loss.  Now my whole argument is rebutted! :cry_sad: /sarcasm. If that’s your attack plan, keep it up, cuz that’s weak.  May as well attack my syntax next go round.

44 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Okay it won't be a checkmate, but it will be a stalemate. Neither is a win.

Oh, it sounds like you can’t envision a win.  A townie would have totally approached it differently, saying something like, “If Patrick votes with me, it’ll be a win.  If not, so be it.”  But you’re not town, so it wouldn’t come out like that.  You envision a stalemate.  You’re reacting, not simply being town, like, say, the happy-go-lucky pirate Henry Ogden has.  The win is Patrick lynches you. Hopefully, this quote is the nail in your coffin.

Patrick, if you have any doubt, go read the last day of Belville Mafia.  You’re the Tammo here.  Some things are a little different, but it’s on your shoulders.  Louisa is trying to play it cool, but that is a scum strategy (which she has now confronted won’t even get her the win).  

Sorry for the mic drop, them blabbering on, but why not turn this into some sort of mafia school for the kids at home :excited:

On the one hand, you're lawyering the rules. On the other hand, you're voting waaay before the rules say you're allowed to. I think there's a lot of convention in the rules that isn't explicitly stated (we have so far no evidence of third parties, for instance, even though the rules say there may be one)

44 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Oh, it sounds like you can’t envision a win.

She's referring to a generic 1:1 situation. I think you're misrepresenting her words.

2 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

but then could you block and kill me at the same time?

You're saying that the scum could block and kill at the same time, and also say I could jailkeep myself to eternity. Well, that wouldn't work if I vote wrong and I get blocked/killed - that's a roadmap to scum victory. If I vote wrong, the only draw is when I block the other person to infinity, rather than jailkeeping myself. I think you're trying to trick me into voting for Louisa. To borrow Henry's language, we can draw or we can win, and I want to win.

Vote: Henry Ogden

52 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

If that’s your attack plan, keep it up, cuz that’s weak.

Your just copying me at this point. 

1 hour ago, Louisa Hammond said:

lol if you think you can shade me like that you got another thing coming. 

:snicker:

58 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Oh, it sounds like you can’t envision a win.  A townie would have totally approached it differently, saying something like, “If Patrick votes with me, it’ll be a win.  If not, so be it.”  But you’re not town, so it wouldn’t come out like that.  You envision a stalemate.  You’re reacting, not simply being town, like, say, the happy-go-lucky pirate Henry Ogden has.  The win is Patrick lynches you. Hopefully, this quote is the nail in your coffin.

Patrick, if you have any doubt, go read the last day of Belville Mafia.  You’re the Tammo here.  Some things are a little different, but it’s on your shoulders.  Louisa is trying to play it cool, but that is a scum strategy (which she has now confronted won’t even get her the win).  

Are you actually trying to meta read me? 

I spelled it out for you, and you voted for me anyway.  Your choice, but you’ll look over this game and see how straight I was with you at every turn.  I couldn’t have been more straight with you, even with you blabbing my role, not wanting to vote Geoffrey, with you not getting what a role-claim was.  You were voting for Louisa day seven, and one of the reasons you changed your mind day eight was that I stupidly pushed against it.  If she were town and I were scum, I would have voted for her day seven and locked it up.  It’s as clear as that. She’s here because I mistakenly thought she was town, and you thought she was scum.

You’re the horse, I’ve led you to the river, and shoved your face in it.  If you don’t want to drink it, I can’t do any more.

I kind of hope you are scum, to make that voted excusable.

——

If Patrick doesn’t change his vote, Louisa: good job not losing or winning.

Final Vote: Louisa

10 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

If she were town and I were scum, I would have voted for her day seven and locked it up.  It’s as clear as that. She’s here because I mistakenly thought she was town, and you thought she was scum.

That's true, but then Timothy and Louisa pulled a big gambit on Day Three. Between all that and you sassing Louisa and getting cross with me, none of this makes any sense. I want to get off Captain Bob's wild ride.

13 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Here we go with the big text again.

It means nothing, there's nobody to talk to on a writeboard anymore.

Ah what the hell, the worst I can do is not lose.

Unvote: Henry Ogden

Vote: Louisa Hammond

Oof

In the light of Tim possibly being scum, I could have chose him instead over Bart, but I followed your lead.

(I have to run. All I ask is that you don't end the day early.)

Just a public note for Captain Bob: lif Patrick is recruited scum, I’m gonna be permanently furious for this wasted month of my life.

7 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

(I have to run. All I ask is that you don't end the day early.)

OK then.

7 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

In the light of Tim possibly being scum, I could have chose him instead over Bart, but I followed your lead.

And both you and Timothy being scum made it easy for you to follow my lead to get into the town good books.

Voting is open. It takes two votes to lynch. 

I want to give the host a little slap for sticking to the format so much, when all three remaining players have made their cases and cast their votes... but there are some other areas where I’m insisting he stick to the rules, so I guess it’s a very forgivable sin :wink:

Final vote: Louisa

See you all in 72 hours!

36 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

I want to give the host a little slap for sticking to the format so much, when all three remaining players have made their cases and cast their votes... but there are some other areas where I’m insisting he stick to the rules, so I guess it’s a very forgivable sin :wink:

Final vote: Louisa

See you all in 72 hours!

We'll end the day a bit soon once everyone gives their final votes and has no interest in changing them.