Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

Horse Treadmill Locomotive

Presenting my zero carbon emission locomotive:  The horse treadmill locomotive.

horse_loco0.jpg

It is more or less environmentally friendly except for the rail line workers who have to work on the tracks afterwards.  Power output seems to be limited to 1 horsepower, no matter how many carrots are used.

46845096504_853c6bfb63_c.jpgHorse Treadmill Locomotive by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

The treads move with the wheels.  The fences are required to keep the horse from pushed off by the moving treads or running away from his employment. 

Next time you're choking on smoke from a dirty polluting steam engine, consider taking the horse treadmill locomotive powered train.  :wink:

Love it. A fun read after a long day at work. Thanks for sharing. If you have a motorized coach/wagon somewhere you could put this in front and make it “work” :classic:

Haha this is great...  Will it work with the newer style horse as well? 

Now you just need a "poop crew" following in a hand car with a honey wagon in tow lol

Ha ha!! Brilliant!!

I think the loco exhaust will be fine, as it should just land on the deck behind the prime mover. Alternatively you could place a planter with roses in which I’m sure would do very nicely.

That is brilliant!! Did you know the real life version existed before you built it? 

(A quick Google has revealed that the real life version "The Cycloped" was actually built and was one of the locomotives that took part in the Rainhill trials alongside Stevenson's Rocket!! Unsurprisingly it was the first to drop out after the horse fell through the floor!!)

Thanks for sharing!!

Edited by greg3

21 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Zero carbon emission ...

...but emission of methane wich is even worse for the climate!

So this solution isnt very enviromentaly friendly either!

XG BC

7 minutes ago, XG BC said:

:roflmao:

There's another problem ...with the mechanisms in the picture the horse/locomotive would move backwards ...so ...could the horse feel that the carrot is moving away? :grin:

I think the horse should feel that so yea i dont think that would work but 2 gears would fix this issue! :wink:

Anyways great little moc!

XG BC

On 4/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, XG BC said:

So this solution isnt very enviromentaly friendly either!

I think the horse will produce less than a loc (and not continu), besides ... it's also good for the growing of plants :wink:

btw... realy fun moc