Evilkirk

Incom TX-18 Heavy X-Wing Fighter [MOC]

The big brother of the famous T-65, although these were only used for special missions, as due to the high cost of these ships, the Rebellion couldn't afford as many as they would have liked.
A gunner sits in the bottom compartment to control the lower 360° turret, whilst the pilot sits in a more traditional position above.
Perfect for taking out enemy support craft, gun emplacements and capital ship weapons/weak spots!

It's just something I invented from scratch (I've been asked a lot where it's from), so I hope you guys like it!

TX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng FıghterTX-18 Heavy X-Wıng Fıghter

Edited by Evilkirk
Sausage finger typing

Initial reaction:

Spoiler

Iixtyla.gif

Now that the shock has subsided... well done! Good looking... err... X-Wing? Very unique. 

Ha, take a fast nimble ship and cripple it by duct taping a box car on it's nose. Then further hamper it's maneuverability by strapping some wing amputating thrusters to the megablocks end. 

Regardless, I like it and often do these sort of mash-ups with my own Star Wars ships, sometimes they are pretty cool, other times not so much. 

Still it is fun to see what you can accomplish and it looks like you had much fun creating this. I do think it could use some refinement though, longer front fuselage maybe smaller gunner compartment and definitely downsize the engines a bit. Thanks for sharing and I'm a conformist!. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Holy cow, it certainly is heavy!  Very fun build, great greebling and details dude.  I love the gunner emplacement, although the engines do seem a tad big.  Awesome job!

Tough crowd this week! I think this is cool. Chibi and fun, but tough and menacing. I like the minifigure interaction with the set. 

she isn't pretty (then again a lot of star wars ships are not either) but I do like it nice idea

Edited by roadstermatt

Thanks for your input guys.  

Just for the record, it was supposed to be big, fugly, blocky and chunky. I rather fancied the idea of an X Wing which was the opposite of the sleek pointy designs we all know and love. Not all ships in the SW universe are pretty (Hounds Tooth wtf) and forget about aerodynamics lol

Here's a side-by-side view with a much sleeker stealthier X Wing that I built in contrast ;)