Ferret-

Not every corner of Avalonia is lush.

Deep in the forest of ghosts is a ruined elven shrine, which once was a place where texts of war were written. Challengers seeking military blessing come here to play a game of strategy with the spirits of past kings. The journey is just as dangerous as the price paid for defeat...

Sorry for the terrible photo quality.

IMG_0956IMG_0963

IMG_0962IMG_0961IMG_0959IMG_0960

Great story and the build compliments it very well - even the photography as W Navarre said!  :wink:

Nice choice of colors, and I think the ruin is just ruined enough.  Nice build!

Very nice ruins.  I like the foggy pictures.  The landscaping looks good, I like the trees and your ground cover.  The pathway is constructed well.  

Nice ruins and the "foggy" pictures give it some style.

Though, try to have a clear background for your pics, it's not good to see the rest of your room behind the LEGO.

Try to avoid phtographying with many disturbing things all around (yes ! I said it for you : beer cap !)

A nice build for a begining ! and welcome !

This great moc suerly deserves a better presentation! 

A clean background (cmon.. you could at least remove the cap :laugh:), better lightning to the moc when you take your photos and this moc would be so much better! 

The moc it self feels very mystic and lush! Great work!

So many great details!  It reminds me a lot of a jungle setting, and I like the elven feel to it.  It definitely has an Avalonian feel.  As others have said, a cleaner background can help.  Even just a bent piece of white posterboard can help clean up the background a lot.  I like the multi-colored leaves and the heavy ground cover, too.  Nice job!

Beyond the obvious need to clean up the background and get some crisper pictures, I like the build a lot! There is quite a bit of vegetation, which is always nice to see, and the shrine itself is nicely integrated into the environment. Unlike Grover, I am not sold on the multi-colored foliage; I think keeping each tree limited to one color of leaf, maybe two, would improve things, rather than up to four or five colors. But that is just me, and maybe you really like the way it looks; in which case, do what you like and make it yours! But definitely get a clean backdrop, whether a poster board, a sheet, even just some sheets of printer paper taped together (not ideal, but better than nothing) and try to fiddle with the settings on the camera to get something clearer, to better show off the lovely build. I hope to see more from you!

Thanks for the kind responses everyone! I've read through some of the photography guides on the site here and will play around with the advice on future MOCs. Considering featuring less beer caps in photos moving forward ;) I'm in the middle of moving my bricks across on ocean, but there will be more MOCs in the future! Likely the next one will be an official guild sign up with a sig fig.

I like your trees as well as the shrine - good job, keep it coming! :thumbup: The title is wrong though, as this corner is still lush all the same :laugh:

oh and

On 4/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, W Navarre said:

Actually the fogginess kind of adds to the atmosphere, haha!

this lol :rofl:

I think you've achieved a great atmosphere between the dense foliage of the landscape and overgrown ruins of the shrine :thumbup:

Nice touch having a little cave in the rockwork :classic: