Sign in to follow this  
pantelis

[Moc] Medieval Barn & Blacksmith

Hi to all folks..I want to share my latest 2 mocs in one creation to complete my medieval - classic mocs scene..

Here we have one barn and one blacksmith shop.

My last creations want to be playble and small sets like the lovely sets of 80s period.

My barn its playble and open on the top..also have a little stable that i can match them and some old lovely minifigures..

The blacksmith have some details that i love and with one of my last moc the Red Guarded Inn takes me a lot of years back..

46840591104_5109c19acc_z.jpg

40598415163_b14857f989_z.jpg

47511445062_e6c5956ca0_z.jpg

32621853797_2c76e6c75b_z.jpg

46826806164_e3a7a23fba_z.jpg

47564380901_0a6c96ae05_z.jpg

32621848397_398fd5044f_z.jpg

40584398353_45621e65ea_z.jpg

40584399643_7a7e461c68_z.jpg

46648909385_816a50f91a_z.jpg

1 hour ago, Ben Pitchford said:

Great job! Did you detail any interiors? 

Thanks for watching my moc..iam looking for some details interiors in some days..iam waiting for some thinks from BL...

Very brooding color scheme. Not that it's not accurate - I have seen plenty of stone houses that were very dark grey. I particularly like the little smithy.

I do wonder, though - was it common for medieval barns to be built of stone? I would think that would be prohibitively expensive for the time. Even barns in the late 19th Century U.S. - the high water mark of barn building - were almost exclusively built of wood (and that took into account the massive risk of barn fires).

3 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

Very brooding color scheme. Not that it's not accurate - I have seen plenty of stone houses that were very dark grey. I particularly like the little smithy.

I do wonder, though - was it common for medieval barns to be built of stone? I would think that would be prohibitively expensive for the time. Even barns in the late 19th Century U.S. - the high water mark of barn building - were almost exclusively built of wood (and that took into account the massive risk of barn fires).

Thanks for your feedback..i think the type of a medieval barn maybe its dieferent from country to country ...you have to know that here in Greece we use stone and marble in 2500 bc....:classic:

Great job the buildings compliment each other nicely.  The blacksmiths shop looks good, I like the wood and stone together.  I like the use of the lattice windows.  The barn is a neat looking building.  I like the use of the stone, and the way you put windows up high on the walls.  It's a nice village you've started here.  

4 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great job the buildings compliment each other nicely.  The blacksmiths shop looks good, I like the wood and stone together.  I like the use of the lattice windows.  The barn is a neat looking building.  I like the use of the stone, and the way you put windows up high on the walls.  It's a nice village you've started here.  

Thank you zoth once again for your comment and your feedback..any other idea for another build to my village???

Nice, I like this scale too, not overly huge (unlike some sets on IDEAS).

A very classic style.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, Servertijd said:

Nice build, you have given it a really classic feeling!

Thank you for your comment Servertijd..iam glad you like it.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Nice, I like this scale too, not overly huge (unlike some sets on IDEAS).

A very classic style.

Thank you for your feedback TeriXeri..I am that you see the classic style of this.