THE GOOD:

• The new Helmet
  • Printed Avengers logo 2x2 round piece
  • If you are into Outriders Army Building

THE BAD:

• Way over priced
  • Poor printing on cap's face
  • Motorcycle scale is a bit off and the look is dull

Overall, only buy this set if you really have to.  Just for cap may be but you might able to just get the helmet piece from brick link.  The printing is very disappointing but it is not the first time LEGO did this and the price.... (I wish they did something similar to the iron man vs ultron if they decided to not include more variations of minifigures.)  All I can say is, LEGO will do WHAT EVER IT TAKES to get us into it.  Some people ignore the temptation... BUT NOT US lol

Those disc shooters are what ruins the bike I think, they make it look a lot bigger than it is. Brick built bikes have always been a bit too chunky, but this is too much so. I wonder how it would look without them? 

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Those disc shooters are what ruins the bike I think, they make it look a lot bigger than it is. Brick built bikes have always been a bit too chunky, but this is too much so. I wonder how it would look without them? 

Yes, agree.  I guess it will look better but still odd to have Cap riding it.

I feel it would be way better to have a small bike and cheaper price range would be a lot better.

Nice review, but this is a perfect storm of what doesn't work in a Lego set (leaving aside the fact that a child might like this).

1. Lego aren't free to reveal anything of actual interest that happens in the film ahead of its release. It's all secret. So you get a generically boring build and figures.

2. Superheroes don't naturally lend themselves to Lego sets! Superhero stories are about people and characters and costumes. The buildings and vehicles are incidental. Occasionally they come up with something nice like that Spiderman bridge thingy. But mostly....It's Lego trying to find ways to add bland motorbikes, mechs etc to increase the selling price of the sets...

I have been asking myself, why did I even buy this set and your review doesn't help. I certainly didn't need more outriders, I stocked up on them with the Outrider Dropship, multiple copies on clearance sale. Nothing really special about Captain America but I did want him. The bike, no it is crap, I have actually tore it down and am trying to rebuild a better one, although it is pretty tough with existing elements. I will probably end up dipping into my parts bins to improve it. 

I guess I bought this for parts, there are some decent ones, like the new tires, however it is a rather pricey parts pack. 

Overall I totally agree with the review and wish I would have seen it before I bought the set. 

Nice review, thank you!

I do have one question: Does the Cap headpiece fit well on previous Captain America heads, or is it really only compatible with this one?
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mitch

On 4/11/2019 at 2:42 AM, Retro said:

1. Lego aren't free to reveal anything of actual interest that happens in the film ahead of its release. It's all secret. So you get a generically boring build and figures.

Yes, totally given ENDGAME is really sensitive with spoilers.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:07 AM, CF Mitch said:

Nice review, thank you!

I do have one question: Does the Cap headpiece fit well on previous Captain America heads, or is it really only compatible with this one?

Thanks.  It a bit hard to see the eyes because the face print in previous one are not designed for the helmet.  I just use this head and helmet and replace the torso with the previous ones, it does change the overall vibe a bit in my opinion in a positive way.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:26 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Overall I totally agree with the review and wish I would have seen it before I bought the set. 

It also took me a while to decide to buy this just for the helmet piece.  20% discount at my local store kinda helped.

That's what I kinda figured, yeah...

Thanks for letting me know :thumbup:
Guess I'll just buy the head and the headgear to be safe.

Regards,
Mitch