Eoin Wallace

patrolling mitgardia

Nice work!  The irregular SNOT base is superb and even gives a sense of the mountainous area that the house is in.  The short trees are well done, too, and seem appropriate to the area, given the shorter coniferous trees usually found in high elevations.  The heavy snow on the house roof is very nice as well, and the whole scene gives me the impression of deep winter.  If I were to offer any suggestions, it would be to get more light on the photo.  Depending on your camera, you can play with the f stop and ISO settings, or, you can flood the build with light.  In any case, very nice work!

Nice, I like the scene and the bushes. You might wanna try and use more rounded slopes for the snow, if you have them :classic:

6 hours ago, en_zoo said:

Nice, I like the scene and the bushes. You might wanna try and use more rounded slopes for the snow, if you have them :classic:

Thank you :classic: I was trying to have a mix of slopes and plates on the snow but I'll try that next time

Very nice! It'd be nice if the picture was bigger so we could see more though, especially more of the house! Great snow! 

The base is the highlight here, for sure, with the very nice SNOT snow. Perhaps some larger curve slopes would look good in there, and maybe fewer straight slopes, as the curved edge looks more organic. Also, some work on photography would be good to better show off the build, since when you are building for an online audience a build is really only as good as its presentation (we don't have the luxury of admiring it from all angles, or seeing the details crisply, unless you show them to us, after all). But I really like what I see, and look forward to seeing more!

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The base is the highlight here, for sure, with the very nice SNOT snow. Perhaps some larger curve slopes would look good in there, and maybe fewer straight slopes, as the curved edge looks more organic. Also, some work on photography would be good to better show off the build, since when you are building for an online audience a build is really only as good as its presentation (we don't have the luxury of admiring it from all angles, or seeing the details crisply, unless you show them to us, after all). But I really like what I see, and look forward to seeing more!

Thanks for the feedback! I did try to include more round slopes in my other moc, and I agree it does look better. :classic:

You've already got some great snowscape techniques!

I like how you made sure to include snow piled in the trees, and the chimney design looks nice :thumbup: