Sign in to follow this  
jonwil

Best torso option for a fighter pilot?

Can anyone suggest a good torso for a fighter pilot flight suit (something that might be appropriate for someone piloting an F/A-18 Hornet)

Preferably something that isn't from some licensed set where its going to cost a fortune and or be impossible to find.

For reference I intend to use the new visor (in trans-black), the helmet (in dark green) and the light grey oxygen mask as the headgear on the fighter pilot.

This worked for me:

32606763567_75997d8231_z.jpg56897026_377325306445327_7845217933235060736_n by Nom Carver, en Flickr

Its an A wing pilot, it can be aquired on the latest junior itertion, but this one may also be usefull: cty993.png

But please, show me your fighter :drool:.

32606763597_383d21a145_z.jpg56347797_377325299778661_3462545687063822336_n by Nom Carver, en Flickr

Edited by Nom Carver

My F/A-18 Hornet is based on the twin-tail airplane from https://brickset.com/sets/60103-1/Airport-Air-Show but changed to light and dark grey with some mods (and more mods to come as I continue to work on it)

I do own the entire Sky Police line (including the figure in question) but I dont like the jail stripes on the torso.

The dark green torso/legs combo you have in your airplane is only available in a 2013 A-Wing set. The one in the more recent A-Wing sets (the 2017 set and the new 2019 Juniors set) is regular green. But I think it would still work even in the regular green (and the used market prices for the set/minifig/torso & legs make acquiring the dark green version not worthwhile for me) so I will try and get the 4+ set (which also has a few interesting parts) and go with that.

Picked up the 4+ A-Wing today thanks to a retailer sale and whilst the torso/legs probably aren't as good as the dark green version would have been, it does work pretty good for the pilot of my F/A-18 Hornet and work can continue on modifying the airplane itself to look more like the real thing (e.g. adding the dummy weapons they use when they do aerobatic displays of the sort my F/A-18 will be displays doing)

Glad to be useful, I also modified that set and it certainly provides nice foundations for good looking aircraft, I hope your proyect turns out as you expected and would like to see the finished product some day, play well budy.