ODA 401

[GBW] - Solo Operation - Plighia - Immediate Reinforcement Part 1

Posted (edited)

The war between Walara and Priunulia is coming to a stand still, but even the smallest act could lengthen the conflict to an unknown amount, and Plighia knows this all too well. Therefore, its government has come to an agreement with Walara after some new intelligence was intercepted by the Walaran military. Intelligence confirmed that Priunulia was intending to coordinate an airstrike against a Walaran radar instillation they recently located. Walara has agreed to allow Plighia to move its army across the border to protect that instillation and defend the North-Eastern region.

Among the expeditionary force sent to Walara, the 1st Company 2nd Division PAF was sent as a reconnaissance group and to set up forward defenses. The platoon Pvt. 2c Thorson was apart of was tasked with setting up a light forward anti-air postion and conduct patrols from that position. 

47539101031_a9c97f236f_c.jpgGBW-Solo Campaign by ODA 401, on Flickr

The platoon's Lieutenant was given command of a M113 APC converted for Anti-Air capability.

32596674157_da6d05b6fe_c.jpgGBW-Solo Campaign by ODA 401, on Flickr

Other anti-air and anti-infantry defenses were a 12.7 mm mounted machine gun, some anti-air launchers, and a .50 cal. M2HB. 

33662384198_7b2c81408b_c.jpgGBW-Solo Campaign by ODA 401, on Flickr

33662383708_8625ae159e_c.jpgGBW-Solo Campaign by ODA 401, on Flickr

Logistics had been slow and, being sent ahead of the main force, they had to make due with what they had. The only communication the platoon had with other units was through their man-portable AN/PRC-77, of which Thorson was the operator of. The platoon had split up while the FOB was being prepared. One squad was tasked with conducting reconnaissance while the other would monitor radio traffic, and Pvt. 2c Thorson's Sergeant was tasked with the latter. To keep up relationships, a Walaran Intelligence Officer was placed with the platoon helping them with Encriptions used by Walara and Priulunia.

33662383498_e77926a259_c.jpgGBW-Solo Campaign by ODA 401, on Flickr

-M113 based off of Brickmania design-

Other angles of the build:

32596673407_12c5b84c68_c.jpgGBW-Solo Campaign by ODA 401, on Flickr

32596672837_dbf058e754_c.jpgGBW-Solo Campaign by ODA 401, on Flickr

47486364202_a7accea4a5_c.jpgGBW-Solo Campaign by ODA 401, on Flickr

Edited by ODA 401

PRC-77!!! Are still in use? I used them before...hm...25 years in Greek Marines !!!

I like the Brickforge arms and hands. They give more capabilities to minifigure posing. I also like the M113 Anti Aircraft vechicle. Just try to use more reverse slopes in rocks and as more as in dark gray color

Good build! Details on the terrain, minifigs and vehicles. I like it! 

22 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Nice, I like the turret on the vehicle and the rocks look very natural.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, paintballman said:

PRC-77!!! Are still in use? I used them before...hm...25 years in Greek Marines !!!

I like the Brickforge arms and hands. They give more capabilities to minifigure posing. I also like the M113 Anti Aircraft vechicle. Just try to use more reverse slopes in rocks and as more as in dark gray color

Thanks! Yes, but only with my troops since they have surplus equipment. I do like the brickforge minifigures, but I would advise to at least glue the lower and upper arm parts together if you know you will be taking them off the torso more than once.I would use more reverse slopes, but I only have a few in grey.

7 hours ago, sigpro said:

Good build! Details on the terrain, minifigs and vehicles. I like it! 

Thanks! I figured that I had to put more detail in the minifigs, equipment, and the vehicle to counterbalance the small size build.

Posted (edited)

I'm assuming the intelligence officer is the one with the shades on and no magazine in his weapon? hahaha

Nice Job! PM me if you're ready for your next part of the mission. 

Edited by TheBeeze

2 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

I'm assuming the intelligence officer is the one with the shades on and no magazine in his weapon? hahaha

Nice Job! PM me if you're ready for your next part of the mission. 

Correct. Though since it is an open-bolt submachine gun, I'm intending for the removal of the magazine to be a safety feature.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:35 AM, SATSOK said:

Nice build !!!

Thanks.