LegoMyMamma

[MOD] Eggsplore the Friendship House

33640300038_20b31a23d0_c.jpg
An Easter Egg Hunt event hosted by Friends

- Olivia waves an event ticket and pulls a wagon with their Easter Egg sign so mini-dolls walking by can know of the event. Zobo follows behind making sure the Eggcellent sign doesn't fall out!

- They've decorated their clubhouse, the Friendship House, with Spring and Easter items to welcome their open house guests.
Are you going?

- From the balcony Andrea makes an announcement over the loud speakers: "Hop hop hop along in everyone!" :-)

- So the baby bunnies take her que and hop to Mia by the giant Easter Egg Basket, spinner ride and bouncy house!

- Making sure the driveway is clear ~ Stephanie cranks up her Crazy Egg Car in the garage! Watch out Zobo -- it goes every-which-way! Her doggy Dash is smart and hides in the dog house that belonged to the former Fire Station's dog ... hmm, I wonder what breed of dog that was? ;-)

- Wait, where's Emma though? Oh, she's in the kitchen painting Easter Eggs!

- There are 5 Easter Eggs hidden in and around the house -- can you find them?

- Then, watch the baby bunnies get their photo taken in a "bucket of colored eggs" by Emma.

47464287082_af3a7deef4_c.jpg

Bunnies hop to the Bunny Bouncy House and Spinner ride!

46793223744_8164e87941_c.jpg
Castley balcony lookout and pool top ...

40551003263_90983bc658_c.jpg

Andrea yells to Mia about the bunnies ... Rumble and a friend are busy in the hamster hutch ... under the slide ...

47464285692_b660476dba_c.jpg

Friendly critter hiding in the tree ...

40551002433_385b37cb9d_c.jpg

Inside the clubhouse, and kitchen with back patio ...

47464284292_6252103355_c.jpg

Bunny gets a picture taken in a bucket of colored eggs!

40551001593_ef13c31a93_c.jpg

Giant Easter Basket and other highlights of the setting ...

47464283212_2e124fcb29_c.jpg
- The front lawn has been landscaped and the driveway extended.
- The side Patio has been expanded with a larger grill, five chairs, and the slide is covered.

- Out back the tree with swing has grown to shade the yard.  Can you spot a friendly critter whose home is there now?
- Plus, the old Fire Station's Dog House was found and cleaned up for Stephanie's dog Dash.

- Under the patio extension is where Rumble and his friends play in the Hamster House.
- The kitchen gained outdoor seating -- with matching color stools.

- Inside the garage has been cleaned and the sleeping room enclosed with the fire-fighter's ladders access added to the back.
- Rooftop pool is fitted with plumbing.  Great place for enjoying a pizza!

- Back to the front -- the garden grew a little bit, and so has the bunny population!

Happy Spring!  Happy Easter!

~~~
As seen on LEGO Life
-----------------------------

A bit too Friends-y still, perhaps? I would have changed the building itself more drastically like e.g. getting rid of this stupid bedroom. Since you already built a second "tower", perhaps the observatory could have been expanded as well with a bigger telescope?

Mylenium 

@Mylenium An observatory in a tower for sky viewing, rather than just a "lookout" telescope, is a great idea -- wish I'd thought of that when building.  Those sleeping mats could be moved to the rooftop for Stargazing!  I may have to incorporate that into a future build.  Thanks!

As for it being too Friends looking: well it is a set from that line, plus I should have mentioned in the post that it was requested from TLG's social media team for a Friendship House build that can show kids and parents some ideas of what to do with their set once built.  It was shown on LEGO Life (geared to age 5-10) and so I hope an Easter themed event could inspire other type of events for the clubhouse!

Looks great and very Friendsy!!  Love the swing in the tree and the very Crazy Egg Car. 

I think I count 6 eggs ...

Spoiler
  1. On the balcony, near Andrea
  2. Bottom of slide, towards letter box
  3. Under the slide
  4. In the kitchen
  5. The one that Emma is painting
  6. In the Easter Basket near Mia and the bunnies.

That's a lovely MOD to the set! It looks so much more alive now. Really love the swarm of bunnies, it's pretty hilarious. :laugh:

Great work! I showed it to my daughter (6) and she loves it. Now, we have to build one for her! ?

Well, it's very Friendish, but it has to be, right? It's definitely inspiring for youngsters, and a great activity for all looking for the eggs (it took me a while to notice them as I was expecting smaller ones).

Overall, nicely done!

On 4/5/2019 at 4:40 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very nice house and original use of the plates 3 x 2 to create the hearts! :thumbup:

Thanks!  Those train coupling plates sure do warm a heart :grin_wub:

On 4/5/2019 at 8:23 PM, Kristel said:

Looks great and very Friendsy!!  Love the swing in the tree and the very Crazy Egg Car. 

I think I count 6 eggs ...

Reveal hidden contents
  1. On the balcony, near Andrea
  2. Bottom of slide, towards letter box
  3. Under the slide
  4. In the kitchen
  5. The one that Emma is painting
  6. In the Easter Basket near Mia and the bunnies.

The Crazy Egg Car is the inspiration for the whole scene -- I should have made a video because every time you push it ... it goes in a different direction :laugh:   And I should have specified "painted" eggs, oops -- so the one in the kitchen is the one Emma is painting, yet there is another on in the house ...

On 4/5/2019 at 10:10 PM, ExeSandbox said:

That's a lovely MOD to the set! It looks so much more alive now. Really love the swarm of bunnies, it's pretty hilarious. :laugh:

Thank you -- I'm glad it makes you laugh because it has me too!

On 4/6/2019 at 8:27 AM, jpx said:

Great work! I showed it to my daughter (6) and she loves it. Now, we have to build one for her! ?

This makes me very happy and I hope you have fun building with her, and a wonder Easter/Spring time! :thumbup:

On 4/6/2019 at 2:23 PM, carebear said:

by everything that you made you put i smile on my face!

Love this!!!

Greetings!

Glad I can make you smile, again :wink:

On 4/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, BarBee said:

Well, it's very Friendish, but it has to be, right? It's definitely inspiring for youngsters, and a great activity for all looking for the eggs (it took me a while to notice them as I was expecting smaller ones).

Overall, nicely done!

Inspiring youngsters was the brief, so by doing that and 'entertaining' a few AFOLs at the same time makes me smile :sweet: