Hello everyone.

I haven't been out of the dark ages for long - just 3 or so years. Although the Millennium Falcon is what dragged be back into LEGO, my passion has always been with Classic Space.

I've spent ages (literally ages) creating this base. I submitted it to LEGO Ideas last year, and then proceeded to making massive changes to it.

I have submitted the modified version it to Lego Ideas recently, but would really value a discussion about it with people on this board :)

1-Main Shot

2-Base Angles3-Base-Action4-Base-Opening5-Roof Options 2x26-Rooms-All7-Rooms-Command Centre8-Rooms-Galley-Quarters9-Rooms-Sick Bay-Workshop10-Equipment11-All Sorts12-Excavation13-Maintenance14-Contagion15-Printed Elements, New and Old16-Multiples

3 minutes ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Wow! Awesome build! I love the details. Excellent work, thanks for sharing!

Thanks! If you really really like it, please do add your support to it over on LEGO Ideas :)

Seriously impressive presentation for a excellently-executed idea! Well done! :thumbup: :smug:

Here's to wishing you best luck on your journey towards 10,000 supporters this time around! :wink:

55 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Seriously impressive presentation for a excellently-executed idea! Well done! :thumbup: :smug:

Here's to wishing you best luck on your journey towards 10,000 supporters this time around! :wink:

Wow - that's pretty amazing and humbling praise. Thank you very much.

Only wish now I knew what the magic formula is to get a continuous stream of supporters...

11 minutes ago, kieran said:

Making them so they can connect is a neat idea 

Thanks! I felt that was important and a way to create a massive base with loads of different rooms with just a single set. 

I went through so many variations to create the best connection possible... fun learning experience ? 

@Captain Mutant

Awesome build. I like the connectivity, although don't get how they connect between each others yet. You need to detach airlocks and exterior, and then it can be connected? 

Voted for it on LEGO Ideas, adding multiple hairpieces for more crew is awesome. Around how many pieces is one module going to be?

Hi!

first the easy question: in honour of the 40th anniversary of Classic Space, the set has 1978 pieces. 

Re the airlock connection, you’re right: half of the airlock (the ramp, the white door and one stud beyond) is a self contained construct which is attached by a couple of SNOT studs to the main base.

Remove it and those exposed studs can be connected to the other base.

I’ve designed it in such a way that you can’t connect the modules if they’ll block the opening of the walls. It works pretty well. Maybe I should do a video to explain the procedure. 

Thanks for your support!