I did not like the wheel arches of the official SET, so I designed new ones for the 3D printer ( horror ! )

The original

8285-Original.JPG.278befb3382bb25cdeff400e058583c0.JPG

Sorry, but I'm too limited in size to put the other pictures ...

I need to get information to continue ...

To be continued ...

Edited by jean111

12 hours ago, jean111 said:

To be continued ...

Use Bricksafe. Or Flickr.

12 hours ago, jean111 said:

I did not like the wheel arches of the official SET, so I designed new ones for the 3D printer ( horror ! )

The original

To be continued ...

Welcome to Eurobricks.  You need to put your pics up on your favorite picture hosting site like flickr, brickshelf, etc. and deep-link them in your EB post.  EB is not setup host large amount of pictures (bandwidth costs). 

Here is the first version, but not really satisfactory

8285-OLD-

(photo a little big, but I do not know how to reduce it , sorry ) reduced thanks to  @M_longer, thank you ...

Edited by jean111

1 hour ago, jean111 said:

(photo a little big, but I do not know how to reduce it , sorry )

Using web browser helps. Looking for something like "resizing pictures".
Also, there are numerous ways of making brick and liftarm built fenders for those wheels, why have you used wrongly placed 3D print?

Hello ,

Three reasons :
- I do not have bricks to do that
- I wanted to have fun playing the designer, why not?
- After all, lego also does a lot of special bricks
The result I like a lot   ( see below ) , so I think I do that again if the opportunity arises.( it could even be a new specialty where the game would mix harmoniously a lego base with printed pieces )
I suspected that it would not please everyone (hence the title "heretic":innocent:).

I know that I break certain rules, but I hope for your understanding and i will not be burned by the inquisition ( @M_longer. Your profile image is frightening ...:sick: )
The important thing is to have fun, that the result is well , and not to take too seriously

And this is the final result : ( If some are interrested, I can send them the STL file in private message) )

8285-General

to compare : (I prefer without the stickers)

8285-OLD-2

8285-COTE

8285-AVANT

Edited by jean111

4 hours ago, jean111 said:

The important thing is to have fun, that the result is well , and not to take too seriously

Mate that is too true. :thumbup: Staying inside the Lego system is just a convention. It's not even a rule.  

Pretty good.  It is good to learn to make your own parts.  What kind of filament did you use?  If it is ABS, you could probably acetone smooth it to minimize the print layer lines and shiny it up. 

@jean111 your version without stickers actually looks better than original IMHO. About front fender; my thoughts are that you made very good job. As purist I could ask whether mudguards from Porsche set 42096 could be usefull to you (if you decide to make white and red copy one day)?

@I_Igor  yes, it could be done, but I'm thinking of the parts used in the MOC below: 

I was very inspired by the MOCs of  @M_longer  and  @2LegoOrNot2Lego... and I could have used the pieces of mudguard, if they exist in black (I do not know their reference number)
I am really exploring the book "incredible lego technic" of @Sariel and I am proud to have been contacted by @M_longer  himself ! (
(I'm sorry for being scared :blush:, all my respect to him    :wub:)  

I could have tried to integrate the lighthouse on the mudguard, as on the MOCs below, but leaving them separated, it gives a "vintage" aspect that I appreciate. ( it's better in reality than in photo)

Kenworth

truck

Edited by jean111

@jean111 I have used that kind of solution on my Unimog. I did not post image in your tread (just link) because I do not have your permission (jet).

Regards

3 hours ago, M_longer said:

You have reminded me that Blue One needs a rebuild with 2019 parts.
The arch brick you are looking for is 6060, and it does come in black, Mr Wayne.

Didn't you get the memo? :laugh:

On 4/6/2019 at 10:28 PM, I_Igor said:

@jean111As purist I could ask whether mudguards from Porsche set 42096 could be usefull to you (if you decide to make white and red copy one day)?

I don't think the shape and size is right.

Edited by Sariel

5 minutes ago, Sariel said:

I don't think the shape and size is right.

IMHO it is the best I can do with existing LEGO parts (that I have in my inventory) forfora my solution, but Porsche mudguards could be for COE trucks better I agree on that...

Edited by I_Igor
Added additional information