koalayummies

[BSBA] Cat A - Town Hall Spaceship

For far too long the final frontier has been without official representation, government and order. That is why the minfigures of Town Hall set out to take their municipal building into space and bring control to the entire universe.

10224-1.jpg?201201110448

All of the functions of Town Hall remain; marriage certificates: check, building permits: you bet, city council meetings: but of course, ballot initiatives: without a doubt, and protests: so long as you have a ship fast enough to keep up! :tongue:

40565944173_c60b3b295d_b.jpg

Turning a terrestrial structure into a spaceship involves many concerns and presents many problems; chief among them is structural integrity, mass and volume. The Town Hall figures thus decided to cut down on some of the rather useless open space, long hallways and corridors and focus on the most important aspects of the structure: the city council chamber.

40565944153_6789eebc40_b.jpg

Although it is a municipal building and not meant for combat the ship is however equipped with a few energy weapons in order to protect itself and also deal with asteroids and space debris. Two powerful canons underneath the cockpit and four more lighter blasters on either side.

40565937443_e2c2b78c0e_b.jpg

The boxy shape that comes with terrestrial buildings has been streamlined as much as possible but relies on sheer thrust to overcome the various forces at play in flight.

40565944143_d85ff78171_b.jpg

Out back are six thrust nozzles that direct propulsion derived from the inexplicable single power source.

40565944103_85010e8bca_b.jpg

Up top is the array of communication equipment necessary to conduct municipal business from vast distances.

40565944053_cb8321dd6f_b.jpg

40565937493_31712affee_b.jpg

Below the entire vessel is coated with state of the art heat shielding. Since the vessel requires frequent travel to distant planets, atmospheric reentry, propulsion and control are required.

40565937503_3ac375275e_b.jpg

The Town Hall's skylight has been preserved and transformed into a greenhouse.

40565937483_3a01bb7050_b.jpg

Inside the ship the open city council chambers the mayor and his staff and local representatives can conduct all their business just like before.

47479152492_4bb6d40a9b_c.jpg

The ship is powered by a golden minifigure which was discovered upon demolition of Town Hall beneath the structure. The minifigures have found the only power source they will ever need.

47479152502_1499e2db0b_b.jpg

The bride and groom finalize their now legally recognized marriage.

47479152512_3dc9b89a14_c.jpg

Occasionally the Town Hall Spaceship runs into outlaws that just don't want to comply with the same rules every other minifigure abides by. For these instances the ship can be outfitted with an array of ordnance as set forth by galactic ordinance. Pictured here the crew loads up the sovereign citizen compliance device and the tax evader conformity contraption.

47479152522_60920bca9c_b.jpg

The neoclassical pillars of the original Town Hall structure, frequently used as a sign of a government's strength, power and authority to rule, have been repurposed into very persuasive munitions that ensure all the same outcomes, albeit a bit more forcefully.

47479152532_5f45845764_b.jpg

40565937433_b22a2127fb_b.jpg

47479152542_953ba4bf63_b.jpg

With 1,000 hours of spaceflight accrued Benny convenes a ceremony to present the Towl Hall figures with their certificate of spaceship worthiness.

40565937403_599e3bab0f_b.jpg

What a great transformation! The wings are beautiful and well-integrated into the architectural façade, and the roof is another highlight. Best part to me is the interior though, love the details there, like the medals and minifigure power source area! :thumbup:

This is fantastic!  Instantly recognisable as the town hall, but also very much a spaceship that Benny would be proud of!

12 hours ago, Exetrius said:

What a great transformation! The wings are beautiful and well-integrated into the architectural façade, and the roof is another highlight. Best part to me is the interior though, love the details there, like the medals and minifigure power source area! :thumbup:

Thanks Exetrius. When I started I had no idea how this was going to come together so I'm glad the work came through for a pleasing design in your eyes. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Kristel said:

This is fantastic!  Instantly recognisable as the town hall, but also very much a spaceship that Benny would be proud of!

Thanks so much Kristel! I'm glad its still recognizable as Town Hall as it took a lot of strength to resist wanting to make it as traditionally-sleek-sci-fi as possible.

8 hours ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Absolutely awesome build! Everything's right: the colour scheme, the details. I especially love the green house and power source. :sweet:
The considerable amount of work is obvious. Kudos!

Thanks 1980SomethingSpaceGuy! I was split between keeping the skylight visible to the interior or the greenhouse so I'm glad you like the chosen route. Thanks for the love!

21 hours ago, koalayummies said:

For far too long the final frontier has been without official representation, government and order. That is why the minfigures of Town Hall set out to take their municipal building into space and bring control to the entire universe.

I'd take another perspective: Just get the hack outta here, as so many things go nuts … in such a beautiful vessel! I would board right away. There is no need for "controlling" or "taking over", just enjoy the universe.

Very, very nice. I love it.

Best
Thorsten 

I just thought of something.. Isn't it missing a door ?

Especially, the door to a town hall is something symbolic, it's usually imposing. You come in a bachelor and get out a married man. Or the opposite. But still.. :wink:

1 hour ago, Toastie said:

I'd take another perspective: Just get the hack outta here, as so many things go nuts … in such a beautiful vessel! I would board right away. There is no need for "controlling" or "taking over", just enjoy the universe.

Very, very nice. I love it.

Best
Thorsten 

Yeah not control like First Order or Empire control but rather legislative and municipal services in keeping with the Town Hall function. Thanks Thorsten!

1 hour ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

I just thought of something.. Isn't it missing a door ?

Especially, the door to a town hall is something symbolic, it's usually imposing. You come in a bachelor and get out a married man. Or the opposite. But still.. :wink:

Minifigures can enter and exit via the two hatches on either side over the wings. Move a chair out of the way and climb through the double sealed port. The balcony unhinges and swings open, there's even built in ladder type steps. I wanted to include the Earth Green doors and may still add them. On the side though it breaks up the TH Modular floor look so was considering adding it to the roof as well but unlike outer space interior space limited.

47485502782_43a9ecfa94_c.jpg

47485502792_240b5ddbfa_b.jpg

Edited by koalayummies

This is right on so many levels. What a bold and appropriate spin... with the right marketing, this could be a wildly popular theme, TV show, or even video game.

Well done!

MAC

19 hours ago, iammac said:

This is right on so many levels. What a bold and appropriate spin...

Yes and yes.

To be honest: This is on of my "favorite" dreams (can't control my dreams, but I'd like to dream it).

Best
Thorsten 

Wow! I never thought a modular could be turned into a spaceship. Awesome work there!

I do dig the front and the roof of the ship (dope satellite dishes)! And interestingly, the power source section is my favorite part of the ship. It's really nicely done!