Guys,

I am trying to help my students build their "stair climber".  However, the program I am following from the lego, leads me to a great big headache.  The issue I am having is the "myBlock" program.  There is no explanation, just a block.  My class has no issues except just that little add on.

I have a image if you can help us build "myblock"

Capture.JPG.d6f9204697a167f99136865c40a35583.JPG

You can look into the block if you open it with a double click or if you browse to it with the first configuration tab of the project.

If I understand your question correctly you don't know the function of a myBlock or? If you know text programming languages: it is just a method / function. So you can pack some algorithm (read: a collection of linked program blocks e.g. with the function to follow a line) into a myBlock to create a more modular program.

Thank you for the quick response, 

The program for the "stair climber" is in pdf format, so I cannot click on the block command.   As for the myblock , my understanding its just a short cut, however, I have no idea to create the "short-cut".  I am including the steps:  Please help :)

940922465_CreateTheBlock.jpg.d8b79298705b50a030155a446a0a9d8c.jpg

So the idea is that you first create a program to take one step. Then you 'encapsulate' that program in a My Block. After that you can take steps by looping and including that My Block.

3 hours ago, MisterH said:

Thank you for the quick response, 

The program for the "stair climber" is in pdf format, so I cannot click on the block command.   As for the myblock , my understanding its just a short cut, however, I have no idea to create the "short-cut".  I am including the steps:  Please help :)

940922465_CreateTheBlock.jpg.d8b79298705b50a030155a446a0a9d8c.jpg

If you go to this LEGO education web page, then click the "view" button, it will take you to a download page. When you click download, it will download LEGO's Education software for EV3 (the file is called LME-EV3_Full-setup_1.4.2_en-GB_WIN32.exe). Once it has downloaded, run the download to install the application. The actual program (rather than a PDF) for the stair climber is available within the app.

David

Great! That is what a community is meant for! Hope your students will learn a lot from it! What type of education are you involved with?

Yes I have the same problem could I have a picture of the my block program? I tried to find the my block program but nope everything and I mean every website didn't have anything helpful...

Thanks!

Edited by Average