Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Seven

Vote Count:
Joseph Finch - 1 (Henry)
Jack Alden - 1 (Louisa) 

With 6 players left, four is required to lynch. 

7 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Vote: Jack Alden

Why Jack?

7 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

I dunno, if I had a private investigator claim and public jailkeeper, watcher and blocker claims, I'd go after the one only I knew about. But Geoffrey targeted me, not Thomas, on Night Three. Suggests scum didn't know about the investigator claim.

I think it's Louisa + somebody, who is more probably Joseph than Timothy.

This is why I went with Joseph.  Though there’s an argument that as the contacted/investigated Godfather, he could steer future investigations toward innocent townies like myself.  Hmm.   

I need to mull this over.

15 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

Are you actually questioning whether Thomas was the investigator?  He claimed himself in the thread in the end - we have no reason to doubt he was the investigator.

??? All I said was that all of Tom's three town investigation reads can't be godfathers.

15 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

You were convinced at one point that he and I were scum together.  Do you still think he would have lived through Night 3 if I were scum and he had just told me he was the investigator, and no-one else supposedly knew at that point? As I said before, I was doing my best to protect his identity - at his request and to protect a valuable PR - for as long as possible.

Was it suggested some where that scum can only perform one action per night? We caught two scum through jailing and traps. Perhaps you didn't get the chance to kill him. Also, after we lynched Remy and Geoffrey, we decided that the remaining scum had to be either the supposed masons or you and Tom. Why risk being discovered, when you could have us do all the work for you?

13 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Why Jack?

Cause it couldn't have been Joseph.

Also I'd like to add that town needs me and Pat tonight in order keep scum from killing anybody. 

Basically I say we lynch Jack, and tonight Pat and I block and jail Henry and Tim.

The rest of you lazy bums should get in on this.  Vote early.  You can change your votes if you think you should.  Being lazy makes it all the harder for real town to make judgements.

4 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

??? All I said was that all of Tom's three town investigation reads can't be godfathers.

Surely they could be godfathers though. Since the godfather investigates as town. That said, I don’t think it is Henry since he has proven himself to be town. If we are assuming Joesph is scum, then it’s safe to assume Malcom is scum. And that Malcom was a JOAT who blocked Thomas on Night 4 and then used the Janitor action on himself when he was lynched. That’s the theory I buy the most at this point. 

Vote: Joesph Finch

14 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

passed around like Bob’s mother.

:look:

29 minutes ago, Timothy Dixon said:

Surely they could be godfathers though.

But only one of them could be, so Jack, Henry and Joseph can't collectively be a team of two.

30 minutes ago, Timothy Dixon said:

If we are assuming Joesph is scum,

Are we then to believe Louisa? Then somebody who isn't Louisa or Joseph blocked me, and that leaves you, Jack, and Henry. But it can't be Jack or Henry because they, in addition to Joseph, were investigated town. So it's you. Is this a crappy bus or are you throwing in your hat with Henry's vote for the sake of lynching someone?

I think making Joseph walk the plank is at this stage putting the cart far before the horse (or the dinghy before the figurehead?? :wacko: I don't know how translate metaphors into nautical). As Louisa has pointed out, a mislynch costs us the game and our lives and I think, at this stage, it's more probable that going after Joseph would be to mislynch.

I'm going to Vote: Louisa and perhaps I'll take you to the brig tonight.

5 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

This is why I went with Joseph.  Though there’s an argument that as the contacted/investigated Godfather, he could steer future investigations toward innocent townies like myself.  Hmm.

This is why I'm not voting for Joseph.

Vote: Jack Alden

But now Louisa is going after Jack which makes my theory that they’re scumbuddies look not so great. 

My head hurts. Where did the block come from? 

I still think Jack is scum. Maybe the JOAT just has a list of actions to pick from and isn’t necessarily a bunch of one-shots. 

7 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

This logic is flawed.  Thomas investigated you on Night 2, and then Joseph on Night 3.  He didn't contact Joseph as far as I know.  He did say though that he didn't contact you because he didn't trust you.

6 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

That is not all you said ... (emphasis added by me):

On 4/3/2019 at 10:31 PM, Louisa Hammond said:

Knowing Tom was town so very likely the investigator, 

Vote: Louisa Hammond

51 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

That is not all you said ... (emphasis added by me):

lol I could say the word "pickle" and you'd find a way to use it to make me look like scum.

All that matter's is that Pat and I stay alive.

51 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Unvote: Joseph

Vote: Jack

Curious text size there Henry... paging @Timothy Dixon, is there anybody out there?

Unofficial Vote Count:

Jack Alden: 3 (Louisa Hammond, Joseph Finch, Henry Ogden)

Joseph Finch: 1 (Timothy Dixon)

Louisa Hammond: 2 (Patrick Triggs, Jack Alden)

13 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

.Are we then to believe Louisa? Then somebody who isn't Louisa or Joseph blocked me, and that leaves you, Jack, and Henry. But it can't be Jack or Henry because they, in addition to Joseph, were investigated town. So it's you. Is this a crappy bus or are you throwing in your hat with Henry's vote for the sake of lynching someone?

Thats true. Forgot that you were blocked last night. In which case yes, Louisa is our best choice for today. 

Unvote: Joesph Finch

So it’s Timothy and Jack who are, with Patrick being the townie all turned upside down.

Louisa was town as of day three.  Barty and Geoffrey tried to lynch her before her claim.  They had to drop it after.   If she was recruited or something after that, well, that’s the only way she’s not town.  (If that’s the case, I don’t particularly care if we lose, since we should know up front if that’s the sort of pirate ship we signed up for)  But I doubt she was.  Me and her on a vote, joined by Joseph.  If scum want to save their own, they need to push the lynch elsewhere, which would be by following Patrick’s vote.

The only other scenario I can see with her being scum is this:

the scum knows for a fact that the town has no blocker.  Louisa tells Barty and Geoffrey to vote for her, then she’ll publicly claim blocker, and they’ll have to vote elsewhere.  She’ll get some town credit, which gets her to day seven.

It’s unlikely, but possible.  Things against that idea are a) she was happy to lynch Barty over Timothy (and would she have accused Timothy in the first place if he were fellow scum?) b) she hasn’t worked hard to keep things going with me in PM.  When I’ve been scum, I do a lot more monitoring of townies in PM. c) it’s just such a weird gambit to make on day three when you haven’t lost a player.  

@Patrick, you’re the decider here. Do you really think Louisa is the top target today? 

Lynching me will be the end for town unless Patrick successfully stops tonight's kill. 

Pat we need to lynch Jack, and I need you to trust me and help me block and jail Tim and Henry.

Lynching me will also spell the end for town unless Patrick can block the scum kill overnight, because I am definitely town.

Louisa, I keep thinking, if you were scum, you would not actually go as hard for my lynch as you have had because you would know that you'd be outed as soon as I flip town in the morning - and I will flip town.  But then I realise that it won't matter by then because, if you are scum, you will have the numbers in the morning to win.

Can you share your reasoning for why you think Timothy and / or Henry might be the remaining scum?

15 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

Lynching me will also spell the end for town unless Patrick can block the scum kill overnight, because I am definitely town.

If I was scum it would, unless Pat could block the kill. However I'm town, and even if you were town (which is impossible at this point IMO), it would not be the end of town if we lynch you and block and jail Tim and Henry. If you flipped town and we were still alive in the morning cause we blocked the kill, I would propose lynching Tim. More likely then not however, everyone would want to lynch me and I would not blame them one bit. If we lynch you and your town, then scum deserve the win.

34 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

Can you share your reasoning for why you think Timothy and / or Henry might be the remaining scum?

If your scum then Henry isn't. 

37 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

Louisa, I keep thinking, if you were scum, you would not actually go as hard for my lynch as you have had because you would know that you'd be outed as soon as I flip town in the morning - and I will flip town.  But then I realise that it won't matter by then because, if you are scum, you will have the numbers in the morning to win.

For the record this quote serves solely for the purpose of putting ideas in town's head lol.

5 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

@Patrick, you’re the decider here. Do you really think Louisa is the top target today? 

I understand your reasons, and Louisa really is my top suspect.

If we're looking for somebody without a night action and who has been investigated town, it could just as easily be you as Jack or Joseph. I mean, yeah you did go hard line against Geoffrey but when the Barty lynch happened you went mostly with the flow.

Also, this is mylo, so we don't actually have to lynch. Keep that in mind before anyone feels pressured to change their vote.

3 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Who knows what could be at play especially with Malcolm's alignment being hidden.

I think Malcom is town. If Malcom was scum, then logically Joesph would also be (the presumably last) scum. But if you really blocked Joesph like you said you did then who killed Nigel last night? And more to the point, who blocked Triggs? Two scum actions went through last night, a kill and a block. And I don’t think Joesph could have carried out two night actions at once, and I don’t think there are 5 scum in this game. So for that reason I think Joesph is town. 

If I was scum it would, unless Pat could block the kill. However I'm town, and even if you were town (which is impossible at this point IMO), it would not be the end of town if we lynch you and block and jail Tim and Henry. If you flipped town and we were still alive in the morning cause we blocked the kill, I would propose lynching Tim. More likely then not however, everyone would want to lynch me and I would not blame them one bit. If we lynch you and your town, then scum deserve the win.

If your scum then Henry isn't. 

It's a little contradictory to suggest that it is impossible for me to be scum, but leave the option open that Henry might be scum.  And if Henry is town, why would you block him?

For the record this quote serves solely for the purpose of putting ideas in town's head lol.

For the record, the point I was making was that I still think you're scum .

5 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Also, this is mylo, so we don't actually have to lynch. Keep that in mind before anyone feels pressured to change their vote.

I'm not changing my vote.

1 hour ago, Jack Alden said:

It's a little contradictory to suggest that it is impossible for me to be scum, but leave the option open that Henry might be scum.  And if Henry is town, why would you block him?

Wait what? I said it's impossible for you to be town and that if your scum then Henry is town

1 hour ago, Jack Alden said:

I'm not changing my vote.

Where else would you put it? :laugh:

If we end up with a no lynch, I suggest Pat Jail me. That way scum can't kill otherwise they'd prove I was town. LoL get wrecked.

3 hours ago, Timothy Dixon said:

I think Malcom is town. If Malcom was scum, then logically Joesph would also be (the presumably last) scum. But if you really blocked Joesph like you said you did then who killed Nigel last night? And more to the point, who blocked Triggs? Two scum actions went through last night, a kill and a block. And I don’t think Joesph could have carried out two night actions at once, and I don’t think there are 5 scum in this game. So for that reason I think Joesph is town. 

If Joseph is town and Louisa is scum again I ask: who is the other scum?