Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Seven

Please Only Post in Here With Your Given Anonymous Accounts!
That means you, Tariq j...

pirates_banner.png

---

I'll be posting Day Six's Conclusion here...

img_1918.jpg

"Alright, Thomas." the Captain said. "It's time for you to walk the plank."

"Aw shucks. Looks like my luck has run out."

And with that he walked off in the plastic sea.

img_1919.jpg

"I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow morning! Arr!"

~~~

The next morning, the crew awoke to quite a sight...

img_1920.jpg

Poor Nigel Clayton was dead, strung up on the boat hook.

"Nigel was my close friend." the Captain said. "He was a Loyal Pirate as well. As was Thomas .Find the scum who did this." 

---

Alive Players:
alden.jpg
Jack “One Eye” Alden
dixon.jpg
Timothy “The Butcher” Dixon
hammond.jpg
Louisa “The Fierce” Hammond
triggs.jpg
Patrick “Paddy” Triggs
finch.jpg
Joseph “The Ruthless” Finch
ogden.jpg
Henry “The Kraken” Ogden

In Davy Jones' Locker:
pinkerton.jpg
Alexander “The Anchor” Pinkerton - Loyal Pirate (mod-killed, Night One)
thornton.jpg
Jane “One-Eared” Thornton - Loyal Pirate (run through, Night One) 
fontaine.jpg
Remy “The French” Fontaine - Loyal Pirate (walked the plank, Day Two)
brewster.jpg
Bartholomew “Barty” Brewster - Imperial Soldier (sunk to the depths, Day Three)
holton.jpg
Geoffrey “The Brave” Holton - Imperial Soldier (eaten by a shark, Day Four)
smith.jpg
Gordon “Crow’s Nest” Smith - Loyal Pirate (de-feathered, Night Four)
langley.jpg
Malcolm “Swab’s The Deck” Langley - Unknown (walked the plank, Day Five) 
chapman.jpg
Thomas “Lucky” Chapman - Loyal Pirate (luck ran out, Day Six)
clayton.jpg
Nigel “The Immortal” Clayton - Loyal Pirate (hooked, Night Six)

---

Rules (Please Read!):

1)    Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is completely anonymous. You are not to disclose your participation in this game anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are.

2)    In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private. There is no way to successfully enforce this rule, and I don’t encourage people running and snitching if someone has done it.

3)    You are either a Loyal Pirate or an Imperial Soldier. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.

4)    A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours. Do not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

5)    The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.

6)    You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. 

7)    If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. There will not be a deadboard and even when you die, you are not to reveal your identity or reveal your participation. You will find out who played who at the end of the game

8)    Don’t edit your posts, please.

9)    Please post in every day thread. If something comes up, please come to me privately and let me know. 

10)    Try to be nice to your fellow players.

Once again, players only and please use your given alternate account! Please PM me with any questions! 
That means you, Tariq j...

One of you or Joseph would be my guess as I slept soundly all night in my bunk.

@Patrick Triggs, whose decision was it to let Louisa block Joseph again? Did she insist?

Now we are once again in the position of not being able to verify whether Louisa actually blocked who she said she blocked.  Most likely she blocked you (Patrick).

4 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

@Patrick Triggs, whose decision was it to let Louisa block Joseph again? Did she insist? 

We decided to block you and Joseph, she didn't insist but it covered our bases for scum candidates.

8 minutes ago, Louisa Hammond said:

I could see Jack being a JOAT

I could maaaaaybe countenance Jack being the killer, but someone else had to have blocked me. Then it's Jack and who? That doesn't make sense. Yesterday we thought it was Thomas and Jack, but it's obviously not, because Thomas was town.

Just now, Louisa Hammond said:

Can't be Joseph since I blocked him. I'm so confused.

You claim to have blocked him.  We can't verify whether you actually did.

This is pretty bad.  I still have some trust in Louisa after her early claim, but I have no clue where to go from here. The scum janitoring Malcolm did cause a bit of a mess.

Jack. Lynch Jack. Jack needs to go. 

I could also plausibly see Hammond and Jack as scum together. 

Hammond pretends to block me, knows it can’t be verified since I don’t have an action, actually blocks Patrick since she knew he was going to block Jack. 

Jack killed Nigel and Hammond blocked Patrick.

Jack is definitely scum and Hammond could be be scum.

Jack needs to go today. 

Argggg! Such a shame we lost two loyal pirates last night. Thomas flipping town means his claim about being blocked Night 4 was true. 

8 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

I tried to but it was unsuccessful.

Now that’s interesting. We know that there were two blocks on Night 4. One on me, one on Thomas. We know that Louisa targeted me and presumably a scum JOAT targeted Thomas. 

• A Jack of all Trades has one shot abilities. So once the block was used on Thomas, it couldn’t have been used again. 
  • Which means that Hammond was probably the one who blocked Triggs last night. 

@Patrick Triggs did Hammond know in advance that you were going to target Jack last night?

@Louisa Hammond , if I were scum (which I am most definitely not), then I would be godfather (because I was investigated town by Thomas).  This means Joseph and Henry are cleared town.  That leaves one of Patrick, Timothy or yourself as the fourth scum.  Your view on Timothy (despite blocking him three nights in a row) was something along the lines of "Oh don't worry about Timothy - he's town" (let me know if you need me to find the exact quote).  Incidentally, this statement was made by you before we got the results that made it clear that Timothy was unlikely to be scum (and only scum would've known for sure before that point).  So, Louisa, if you are town, that  leaves Patrick as my supposed scum buddy.  I don't believe Patrick is scum and I doubt anyone else would entertain the idea either.

@Joseph Finch, you said Louisa could be scum.  If you truly believe this and you are town (or third party), you should also be indifferent between Louisa and I for the lynch today.  If you don't actually believe she is scum, I would like to know who you think would be the other scum.  If she is town, her statement about Timothy being town would be truthful (or at least not a lie and she presumably had a valid reason for making that statement).  The only person left over would be Patrick, because you and Henry would be confirmed town.   Again not likely.

Just in case it's not clear, I will be voting Louisa today.  I believe Patrick, Henry and Timothy to be town.  

LoL. @Jack Alden if I'm scum then who's my scum buddy? You?

BTW if we mislynch and there's a night kill, then we lose if there are still two scum left.

Knowing Tom was town so very likely the investigator, he cleared Jack, Henry, and Joseph. All three of those can't be godfathers though. 

The people who aren't on my list of potential suspects are Patrick and Joseph. Patrick because obviously he's town, and Joseph who I successfully blocked last night so he couldn't of performed a night kill or get Jack out of jail.

That leaves Jack who has a role which only Patrick knows.

Henry who has a role which a godfather could potentially pull off.

And Tim who you probably know by now has a protective role.

Maybe Tim who I've been blocking all game is the JOAT. He could have poisoned Nigel night five, or something random just in case Nigel was watching. Hmm. 

That's a theory to work on.

Wow now I'm thinking we should lynch Tim.

If Tim is a JOAT, then he could be saving something powerful like a strongman for the end of the game.

3 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Maybe Tim who I've been blocking all game is the JOAT. 

But you blocked me on Night 4. The same night Thomas was blocked. If we assume it was a JOAT that targeted Thomas then it can’t be me because I can’t be blocked AND carry out a night action on the same night.

3 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

He could have poisoned Nigel night five, or something random just in case Nigel was watching. Hmm. 

If I was scum (which I’m not). Then I would’ve either killed Nigel or blocked him. And neither of those things happened. What other useful action could I have performed on Nigel that doesn’t have a physical effect? I did protect him that night for clarity. 

7 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

LoL. @Jack Alden if I'm scum then who's my scum buddy? You? 

I guess I need to spell it out a bit clearer.  I believe you and Joseph are both scum. 

BTW if we mislynch and there's a night kill, then we lose if there are still two scum left.

Exactly why we can't afford to get it wrong on the lynch today.  If I am lynched today, we will all but give the game to scum.  Lynch me today and scum kill a townie overnight leaves two scum and two town at the start of Day 8.  We won't be able to lynch scum because we don't have the majority and we have to pray that their kill target is whoever we protect at night.  Either a stalemate or scum win.

Knowing Tom was town so very likely the investigator, he cleared Jack, Henry, and Joseph. All three of those can't be godfathers though. 

Are you actually questioning whether Thomas was the investigator?  He claimed himself in the thread in the end - we have no reason to doubt he was the investigator.  You were convinced at one point that he and I were scum together.  Do you still think he would have lived through Night 3 if I were scum and he had just told me he was the investigator, and no-one else supposedly knew at that point? As I said before, I was doing my best to protect his identity - at his request and to protect a valuable PR - for as long as possible. 

Interestingly, you used this (the last sentence above) before as a reason for why Thomas and I were likely scum together.  Maybe you should flip flop yet again and somehow try and spin this as a reason why we must have been on opposite teams?

and Joseph who I successfully blocked last night so he couldn't of performed a night kill or get Jack out of jail.

Can you please stop saying you blocked him like it was a fact?  Everyone knows that no-one can verify it actually happened. 

No-one got me out of anything - I believe you blocked Patrick and I know I slept in my bunk.

That leaves Jack who has a role which only Patrick knows.

Henry who has a role which a godfather could potentially pull off.

And Tim who you probably know by now has a protective role.

Maybe Tim who I've been blocking all game is the JOAT. He could have poisoned Nigel night five, or something random just in case Nigel was watching. Hmm. 

I have known Tim's role since the start of Day 3 (Patrick told me via PM, with Tim's knowledge).  You were the one who chose to block him knowing what he was.  And it looks like you are back to clutching at straws, pointing at everyone but yourself and your scum buddy (Joseph) and the one person no-one doubts is town (Patrick).  Are you going to address the statement you made about Timothy being town before he was (all but) confirmed as such?

I would also like to hear from @Joseph Finch about his statement that he thinks Louisa could be scum.

I am a Mason. Malcolm and I were Masons together. I have no night action, and I have not left my bunk on any nights of our voyage. 

I was investigated as town by our late investigator. 

I believe there are two scum left. 

Malcolm was janitored by scum to keep me from becoming 100% confirmed as town. 

I was in contact with Patrick early after Malcolm and I claimed, but have since been cut out of the loop and carried on no private messages of any sort with anybody in several days. 

The only thing I know that hasn’t been posted in day threads is Henry and Jack’s claims, though I don’t know which belongs to who, though I will add either sounds like something scum could plausibly claim to keep town PR’s off their backs and/or cases. 

I think Jack is the Godfather and his argument that “If I was scum and the investigator revealed himself to me he’d be dead already” holds no weight since for all we know they tried to kill him, but blocked kills nights 2 and 3 have netted us our only two scum. 

Patrick has to be town. I am town. 

Jack is scum. 

That means his teammate is one of Hammond, Timothy, and Henry. 

Hammond being the scum blocker and Jack a JOAT is the only way I can resolve the blocks from last night and the night before.

I’m certain Jack is scum. I’m slightly less certain Hammond is scum. In every situation I play out Jack is the Godfather. In only some (but still most) situations I play out Hammond is his partner. 

I would like to lynch Jack.

@Jack Alden any scenario in which I am scum means Malcolm had to have been scum as well. That would mean 5 scum, which seems awfully high, even with as many PR’s as there seem to be. 

The thing that makes me think Hammond might not be scum is I think she would be going after lynching me harder than she is. 

Jack wants to lynch me. I’m the “easy” target and they’re awfully close to sealing a victory for the Imperials with only 6 of us left. 

@Joseph Finch, I want to lynch Louisa today, not you.

Whichever way I look at it, Louisa is the common denominator, not you.  If you are town, it is likely her and Henry (and I think less likely her and Timothy).  I questioned Henry’s claim early on in the game because I also recognised it would be an easy claim for scum.  It was Patrick being adamant Henry is town that made me discount him.

Voting is now open. With six players, four votes are required to lynch. 

I think it’s between Jack and Joseph.  

The investigator got town results, but one of them has a fair chance to be the Godfather.

For me, I’ve said all along, we can’t just rely on results.  Personally, I suggested to Patrick and he told me he had thought the same about jailing himself, but Geoffrey targeted him that third night. If I were scum, it wouldn’t have gone down that way. I was hardline about lynching Barty and Geoffrey.  No question they had to be lynched. I felt pretty strong about Malcolm too, unfortunately.  On top of that, I was investigated.  So that’s my townie claim.

The mason thing is meaningless to me.  I can easily visualize a scum ploy where they say, “Let’s be bold, make a mason claim.  We have a janitor role, so they won’t find out one of us is scum.”  

Being blocked is meaningless to me too, since night kills get passed around like Bob’s mother. You were blocked?  You weren’t the killer that night.  Easy explanation.

i need to go back through the first few days to see what Jack and Joseph were saying (and Timothy for good measure), luckily we have a long time to make a decision.

18 hours ago, Timothy Dixon said:

@Patrick Triggs did Hammond know in advance that you were going to target Jack last night?

Yes, but what are you implying? That Jack and Louisa are scum together and needed to neutralize my block? Not convinced.

10 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Oh that's right. oof

The fact Nigel watched Timothy the night before last indicates that Timothy's action is consistent with his claim. Are you trying to spin a story up about Timothy?

7 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

Exactly why we can't afford to get it wrong on the lynch today.  If I am lynched today, we will all but give the game to scum.  Lynch me today and scum kill a townie overnight leaves two scum and two town at the start of Day 8.  We won't be able to lynch scum because we don't have the majority and we have to pray that their kill target is whoever we protect at night.  Either a stalemate or scum win.

Exactly, (except) 2v2 is a scum win 100% of the time.

7 hours ago, Joseph Finch said:

I think Jack is the Godfather and his argument that “If I was scum and the investigator revealed himself to me he’d be dead already” holds no weight since for all we know they tried to kill him, but blocked kills nights 2 and 3 have netted us our only two scum. 

I dunno, if I had a private investigator claim and public jailkeeper, watcher and blocker claims, I'd go after the one only I knew about. But Geoffrey targeted me, not Thomas, on Night Three. Suggests scum didn't know about the investigator claim.

I think it's Louisa + somebody, who is more probably Joseph than Timothy.