Hello guys,

Do you have an idea where can I still buy Subaru LEGO Technic - new or used? I can't find it anywhere.

Quick question: Would it be possible for you to render the instructions for a white version? I'm really considering building this next, but there aren't pictures of all angles of the white version so figuring out which part goes white and which stays black would be difficult. 

Considering how I made them, it will be quite hard to do, and I don't have that much time right now...
But, If you want, I can send you the digital file for the white version, however, there is no instructions in it.

By the way, I made a blue version. I will post pictures soon.
It's now the third possible color for it. (And by far the most expensive one :D )

You should be able to simply “paint” the pieces in studio and render the instructions like usual :wink: 

Otherwise you could PM me the file and I’ll figure it out. 

The main problem is that there are modifications on the design, as some parts, just don't exist in white I.e :
 250x250p.jpg?1595085533.507739
And other were way too expensive :
250x250p.jpg?1595088019.6522827

22 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

And other were way too expensive :
250x250p.jpg?1595088019.6522827

These parts have since been reintroduced in a set this year, so these are no issue at all. :wink: 

That's why I said "were" :wink:
When I made the withe version, the part was ~10€ and there is like 40 in the original bodywork… So way too expensive.
Now it's doable.

As It's a Subaru, It has to be made in blue.
1280x823.jpg
I tried to keep every feature in it. So the doors, hood and trunk still open.
1280x564.jpg

1280x897.jpg

I also used metallic silver exhaust, they look better than flat silver ones.

1280x623.jpg

This is now the third aviable color for this Moc. It's by far the one that needed the biggest amount of reworks.
It's also the most expensive bodywork out of the three. But it isn't the most expensive version, as it's a manual on.
I'm now waiting on the new ninjago set to bring me the wheels in metallic gold :)

I like the old style panels. Especially in blue these are not cheap nor easy to get from my experience.

I only think the C pillars could be a little less round (but I might be thinking of the wrong model maybe) and the rear fenders could be a little less tall (they look better IMO on the black and white version).

On 12/14/2020 at 9:14 AM, Aleh said:

In blue it looks even better and more recognizable for Subary, imo.

I can only agree !

18 hours ago, johnnym said:

I like the old style panels. Especially in blue these are not cheap nor easy to get from my experience.

Yes they are hard to come by. I had the chance to find 8461 not that expensive a while ago. Then I started to wonder if the blue version was possible.

18 hours ago, johnnym said:

C pillars could be a little less round (but I might be thinking of the wrong model maybe) and the rear fenders could be a little less tall (they look better IMO on the black and white version).

I was quite limited by the parts aviable. For the C pillar, they have the right shape I think. But concerning the rear fender, I agree, they look better on original version.

Hey! I'm in the middle of building this and looks like you missed a part, a 4.5 [cm] grey pneumatic tube. Do you by chance know the part number? Off of page 336

Back in the 90s, pneumatic hoses came as one length which you had to cut yourself. I know nowadays they come pre-cut; I have no idea when the switch was since it was during my dark ages.

I've uploaded the instructions for the manual chassis on Rebrickable.

It's the chassis that I use in the blue version of the car, and in the white version that I have on display at home.
You can simply swap the different bodyworks over the chassis.
This chassis is purely made for display, it's mainly empty. It feature the full suspension, the central differential and the working fake engine, but no gearbox. 

Edit : I've started to work on the instructions for blue bodywork

Edited by Touc4nx
Added an info