Didumos69

[TIP] Form-lock Porsche rims to standard LEGO wheel hubs ?

Hi,

In RC builds with standard LEGO wheel hubs, I often experience wheels detaching from the hubs in fast turns, especially when it concerns steered and driven wheels. After some trial and error I found a way to form-lock Porsche rims to the standard LEGO hub, with links running through the rims, and I thought this could be of use for others too. You probably know the Porsche rims have a very deep offset and with solution I sacrificed 1 stud offset for a form-locked connection between rim and hub. It can be used for steered setups as well as for non-steered setups. This LXF-file shows how.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Good luck spinning that wheel :laugh:

Hint, one side of the links is fixed to a spinning wheel and other side to a fixed hub. And you have a whole rim spinning between with the spokes interfering.

Amazing design. Sleek, simple, effective and so functional. Should be pinned and maybe included standalone in the HOF. Thanks for showing us the way !

Bricklink order on the way! 

So simple! No more wheels flying away and chasing it through the track!

Thank you for sharing

:grin::grin::grin: Thanks to @Zerobricks reminding me that it is 1st of april. I just kept watching the pics and thinking: WHAT HAPPENED TO DIDUMOS69??? 

Cool trick. :wink: No question though, the wheels are locked.

4 hours ago, JunkstyleGio said:

I stand corrected.

:wink:

I'm glad you see the added value. It's especially usefull for display models :wink:.