Just now, Gray Gear said:

@Cardboy if you edit the first post, right at the top you can edit the thread title as well :wink:

Thanks found it.

The car just needs a name now :D

On 3/31/2019 at 8:16 PM, Cardboy said:

8860: Car Chassis – Chassis view (all the body work can easily be removed for a full chassis only model)

Where is this?

1 minute ago, Jurss said:

Where is this?

Sorry forgot to take that picture will do it later and add it to the rest.

Beautiful! Especially loving the mechanisms for the split-timed folding roof and the suspension height adjustment.  Much prettier than the 8070 supercar's ugly exposed rear (faint praise I know).

@Jurss

I have added the chassis view to the first post hope you like them

4 hours ago, PeaBrain said:

Beautiful! Especially loving the mechanisms for the split-timed folding roof and the suspension height adjustment.  Much prettier than the 8070 supercar's ugly exposed rear (faint praise I know).

Thanks I have been staring at the model so long I can only see the bad bits :grin:

I dont really know how to feel about this one, there are things I like, and there are things I dislike.

I like the Idea, suspension (looks like air suspension :thumbup:) and the roof mechanism, and looks of the rear of the car. And pop up headlights always earn some +pionts from me :wink:

I dislike the general layout, this car looks like it has a mid-engine layout, but it doesn't, reminds me of the Nissan 300ZX.

I dislike the flow of the roofline, that offers almost no rear visibility at all, even though there is no engine behind the driver.

And finally, I dislike the Engine itself, and how high it sticks out of the hood. I would have liked to see the real piston pieces.

Overall its a very intresting build, that offers a lot of personality, which is also causing some imperfections at the same time. None the less, Impressive build, keep it up :thumbup:

Edited by Gray Gear

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

I dislike the general layout, this car looks like it has a mid-engine layout, but it doesn't, reminds me of the Nissan 300ZX.

I dislike the flow of the roofline, that offers almost no rear visibility at all, even though there is no engine behind the driver.

And finally, I dislike the Engine itself, and how high it sticks out of the hood. I would have liked to see the real piston pieces.

The car is meant to be more of a grand tourer and they tend to have front engines especially if you have a folding roof probably would have looked better in red but then there a panels that i can't get in that colour.

Yes there are many compromises that I had to make just to make things fit and be strong enough to work. I tried to build it like an official model so playability and reliability over aesthetics.

The engine is to high and is a big bugbear for me but i just couldn't make it work. The suspension mechanism became quite bulky and exactly where the engine should be. Add 4 wheel drive and steering to the mix and the fact Lego only makes 2 idle gears and it just got too high. I had a version with a lower engine and more universal joints but the gearing kept destroying them.

Yeah the rear view is an issue but again it sits atop the eight speed gear box and so you don't have a lot of space to put the rest of the mechanisms in place (I guess why you don't see it on any Lego cars at this scale.)

The rear of the car is only for show. I had to make it as light as possible so the rear suspension can still work once you add the battery box and motors. It probably needs the 3 shock absorbers at the back but the Technic Crankshaft part is 1 1/2 studs long it compromises what you can do and only has 1/2 stud for an axel so you have to brace it a lot or it just tears itself apart.

Also I would have like the door mechanism to be more sophisticated like the ones on the 8653 Enzo but I ran out of space / talent :grin:

I Have added some more CG images to the first post.

I have been working on the plans for the last few months and they are getting nearer completion.

The car still needs a name I was thinking along the line of  Fusion GT  but still not convinced.

What is the communities attitude towards charging for plans I know every one likes every thing for free but i was thinking only a modest amount around £5-8?

I like the name FUSION GT.

I understand about charging for plans.

That looks brilliant and it's very impressive how many functions you've got in it, not to mention how well they work. 

You'd be selling cheap at £8 mate, plenty of guys charging $20+ on rebrickable for vehicles with fewer functions.

I don't see any issue with poor rear visibility. This isn't a station wagon.

Same with the engine popping out the front. It's obviously not a scale replica of anything, so you can design fun stuff like letting the pistons be seen moving while playing.

There are Aston's with a front mounted v12. No big deal there either.

I could take a look at it and try to add motorised spider doors? I think the current solution is a bit "how ya doin"

6 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I could take a look at it and try to add motorised spider doors? I think the current solution is a bit "how ya doin"

Not sure if i want to motorise the doors. they were supposed to be a Super Street feature which was always spring loaded. Admittedly they could be a more sophisticated design like the Enzo.

I've been trying to find more exotic looking 1:8 Scale Technic Supercars to build. I already have the 3 official ones from Lego, Charbel's Mclaren 720S & I just don't want a repeat in car brands. I want one from each car company.

Edited by Robo-Knight

41 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

I've been trying to find more exotic looking 1:8 Scale Technic Supercars to build. I already have the 3 official ones from Lego, Charbel's Mclaren 720S & I just don't want a repeat in car brands. I want one from each car company.

That seems like a huge undertaking, you must have a lot of space and a big wallet in place :grin:

Finding cool car MOCs to build shouldn't be that hard in this forum right? 

While my MOCs could cover the spot for Honda and Mazda, I dont know If 90s supercars can still be considered exotic today :innocent::wink:

Just now, Gray Gear said:

That seems like a huge undertaking, you must have a lot of space and a big wallet in place :grin:

Finding cool car MOCs to build shouldn't be that hard in this forum right? 

While my MOCs could cover the spot for Honda and Mazda, I dont know If 90s supercars can still be considered exotic today :innocent::wink:

Nah, if only.