Hi everyone,

I build in many themes and this year I want to build a landscape based on the battle on Geonosis from Episode II.

This is the first time I have build a Star Wars vehicle.

I used a lot pictures for this build.

47455003062_4ccefc4779_c.jpg

I have some pictures of the front and the back.

47455002952_7870fb19a6_n.jpg32565474987_d24dcd0214_n.jpg

For some more pictures, look into my Flickr album.

Feedback is appreciated.

Sander

For your first Star Wars vehicle, this is amazing!
I am loving this SNOT approach to the AT-TE, it makes the walker look more of a behemoth with thicker armor. I also really like the angled "toes" on the feet. Does it have an interior? I'd like to see it.

One criticism though - adding more detail to the hull and the landscape as well. If you look at AT-ATs by Cavegod and Lilmefromdafuture, their armors have paneling and slight "greebling" to them. Geonosis as well, what you have done with the craters and the 1x2 plate sand dunes is a great start. Variety of color (dark orange, medium dark flesh?) would make the landscape pop, and adding a few rocks and especially spires would sell it as iconic Geonosis.

Looking forward to more Star Wars builds from you!

Stunning, especiallt for your first SW MOC! The SNOT build looks great! Is there an interior?

14 hours ago, Lamborghini Waffle Sauce said:

For your first Star Wars vehicle, this is amazing!
I am loving this SNOT approach to the AT-TE, it makes the walker look more of a behemoth with thicker armor. I also really like the angled "toes" on the feet. Does it have an interior? I'd like to see it.

One criticism though - adding more detail to the hull and the landscape as well. If you look at AT-ATs by Cavegod and Lilmefromdafuture, their armors have paneling and slight "greebling" to them. Geonosis as well, what you have done with the craters and the 1x2 plate sand dunes is a great start. Variety of color (dark orange, medium dark flesh?) would make the landscape pop, and adding a few rocks and especially spires would sell it as iconic Geonosis.

Looking forward to more Star Wars builds from you!

Thank you. :classic:

I started with the feet/legs and the angled toes was a must for the feet.

There is no interior, well there is an control panel in the cockpit. There is no room for interior, not in the way I build the AT-TE.

I wasn't really happy with the landscape either. I am planning to use MDF as an extra color to make it more attracting. I am planning to build some spires and rocks. The plan is to make the battle of Geonosis (probably 2-2.5 meters) and then build a mountain with a working droid factory and a hangar with Geonosian Starfighters.

13 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Gorgeous first attempt in the star wars universe! :wub:

You've done a great MOC, and also the background looks amazing! :thumbup:

Thank you very much! :sweet:

4 hours ago, Reaper said:

Stunning, especiallt for your first SW MOC! The SNOT build looks great! Is there an interior?

Thank you! :classic:

There is no interior. It was already a challenge to make it look like an AT-TE. :wink: 

I think Brickvault (or another YT channel) used this as a thumbnail for one of their videos. I love it. The thick armor looks fantastic. 

On 3/31/2019 at 7:12 PM, sander1992 said:

Hi everyone,

I build in many themes and this year I want to build a landscape based on the battle on Geonosis from Episode II.

This is the first time I have build a Star Wars vehicle.

I used a lot pictures for this build.

47455003062_4ccefc4779_c.jpg

I have some pictures of the front and the back.

47455002952_7870fb19a6_n.jpg32565474987_d24dcd0214_n.jpg

For some more pictures, look into my Flickr album.

Feedback is appreciated.

Sander

Massive walker. Give it a little more scenery and enter the LEGO Ideas Star Wars building contest.

This is such a nice build - the armor panels are so smooth and meticulously put together. I love the little details here and there, and the legs are nice and sturdy too. Great job on the walker, but it seems like the landscape could do with a little more love. It's cool that you've got some sand red in there, though!

@m4st3rt3ch Thanks! :classic: I must have missed the announcement of the SW contest.

I see that I am too late to participate. :sceptic:

@jimmynick Thank you!

Yes I have some plans to add some rockwork to the landscape.

But I just started with the Droid Factory and the landscape has to wait after I finished the Droid Factory.

@KrasiniArithmetic Thanks! :classic: