Jim

[REVIEW] 10264 - Corner Garage

10264 - Corner Garage - Rating  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

I just finished building the garage last night! Before buying, I wasn't a fan of the building; it just didn't look beautiful, though a garage shouldn't? Anyways after having built it, my opinion of the building remains the same; It is a fairly ugly building.  I did however love some of the building techniques used, such as the diagonal facade, and that brilliant garage door design. I'm glad I got the set for the building experience? I've been really lukewarm about the last couple modular buildings. I hope next year has a more appealing one. (but who am I kidding i'll end up buying it even if i hate the thing)

Also having a macaw loose in a vet waiting room is a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

1 hour ago, Goldenmasamune said:

Also having a macaw loose in a vet waiting room is a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

:laugh:

2 hours ago, Goldenmasamune said:

(but who am I kidding i'll end up buying it even if i hate the thing)

Don't ever tell an official @TLC about your behaviour... :wink:

I like this set too, but no Octan is allowed in mine town. So I changed colors :grin::

img_5956.jpg

Edited by BillytheKid

The modulars are today considered the flagship Lego product. The previous diner release was spectacular and was clearly designed by a senior and very talented master.

In contrast, Lego dropped the ball on this gas station buy allowing someone less experienced/talented design it and IMO ruin (OK interupt) the high standard set by previous modulars. If it was not better or the same standard than the diner, then it should not have been released IMO or should have been passed to an expert for final tweaking or redesign (or perhaps was a rush job).

IMO, this set will always be known as the one that did not measure up to the other modulars - it so clearly stands out. A shame really. 

Edited by Trainstud

On 8/8/2019 at 8:09 AM, Trainstud said:

The modulars are today considered the flagship Lego product. The previous diner release was spectacular and was clearly designed by a senior and very talented master.

In contrast, Lego dropped the ball on this gas station buy allowing someone less experienced/talented design it and IMO ruin (OK interupt) the high standard set by previous modulars. If it was not better or the same standard than the diner, then it should not have been released IMO or should have been passed to an expert for final tweaking or redesign (or perhaps was a rush job).

IMO, this set will always be known as the one that did not measure up to the other modulars - it so clearly stands out. A shame really. 

Whats funny is I remember similar reactions to the Diner, which you love.

They always combine themes which don't fit together....

A veterinarian above a garage????

Noise, exhaust gasses,....

Edited by Dragunov2

The longer I watch this set, the less I like it. I'll buy it just because I'm a collector. With DD is the worst modular.

I'm really surprised by people's negative view on this one. Probably my second favorite modular, though the price hike combined with needing extra parts to 'finish' the interiors sucks. 

Finally a great vehicle with a modular at least!