Sign in to follow this  
Agent Kallus

Batmobile [MOC]

Posted (edited)

I was inspired by @Digger of Bricks's suggestion of a batmobile that uses the nexo knights canopy so I decided to throw something together for Batman's 80th anniversary . It isn't based on any one version of batman's iconic vehicle but takes inspiration from many of the numerous depictions of this famous car. I'll apologise in advance for my lacking photography skills.

47448607152_d90170752e_z.jpg

You can see Batman's head but sadly that's all as a whole minifig can't fit inside.

46586051795_fdeb59ac29_z.jpg

I was originally going to use a the smaller fin shown above but I preferred that look of the larger bat wings.

32559281697_827db23a46_z.jpg

46586053695_cc0839f25c_z.jpg

I was going to make the stripe blue and use this part but I thought the grey looked better.Anyway thanks taking a look, comments and criticism are welcome. :classic: 

Edited by Agent Kallus
resizing images

I like it. Amazingly narrow and long. I have a couple of constructive points for you consider.

1. Maybe colour swap the windscreen to trans yellow, to match the headlights and also fit with recent sets. Although a red windscreen could also work.
  2. Colour swap the light bluish grey parts for dark bluish grey or black or metallic parts.

Anyway great work dude that Batmobile looks mean.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I was originally going to use a the smaller fin shown above but I preferred that look of the larger bat wings.

What are those larger Bat Wings? Bionicle/constraction? :shrug_confused:

I was going to make the stripe blue and use this part but I thought the grey looked better.

Heh, speaking of the Light Bluish Grey you used elsewhere, I do like how the rear wheels are "sandwiched" in a Blade Runner Spinner/Tumbler sorta way. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

12 hours ago, Gusseteer said:

Maybe colour swap the windscreen to trans yellow, to match the headlights and also fit with recent sets. Although a red windscreen could also work.

Man, I wish that windshield did come in either of those colors (Trans-Yellow most preferably); but, so far, we've only seen it in Trans-Light Blue, Trans-Black, and Trans-Reddish Neon Orange. Here's to hoping for further future recolors though while we're on the subject! :purrr:

I was inspired by @Digger of Bricks's suggestion of a batmobile that uses the nexo knights canopy so I decided to throw something together for Batman's 80th anniversary.

I do know of one other Batmobile MOC from @TheBrickBuilder14 that utilizes the Nexo windshield part:

While I admit his attempt at giving that part a roof is a little better, still, Lego really needs to make a proper plate/tile/specialized part that can top off that windshield more precisely. :sceptic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks