Shadows

Fabuland Builders Guild - Discussion Thread

Great use of playmobile!

Cute figures.

I really have to work out how to build in Fabuland scale. (Practice is difficult when I keep making minifig scaled MOCs...)

Great use of playmobile!

Cute figures.

I really have to work out how to build in Fabuland scale. (Practice is difficult when I keep making minifig scaled MOCs...)

Thanks, but Playmobil? There's no Playmobil in those 'figs. :laugh:

But the sword and shield match my little brother's knight set.... *confused*
If you are absolutely sure that's where they came form, then I guess that would make them Playmobil, wouldn't it?

I still have a bunch of Fabuland figs, but I am trying to shuffle around some parts and the legs are hard to get off, so it could be a while before I post another Fabuland related MOC.

The mix of minifig and fabuland works really well for Matthias there, Hound Knight. Any chance you'll be doing Cornflower et all? Only trouble is the hare doesn't quite inspire the fear of the Long Patrol! :laugh:

They're really not that different in scale - most minifig stuff is oversized as it is, so all you need to do is build a longer bed and a taller door :grin:

If you are absolutely sure that's where they came form, then I guess that would make them Playmobil, wouldn't it?

Brickarms sword (out of production, I think) and Brickforge round shield :wink:

I still have a bunch of Fabuland figs, but I am trying to shuffle around some parts and the legs are hard to get off, so it could be a while before I post another Fabuland related MOC.

The legs aren't that hard to remove, are they? Just push the red pin out sidewards (with a toothpick or whatever you have handy) and the legs basically fall off... at least that's what I've done to a FabFig (is this term trademarked already?) once.

(out of production, I think) and Brickforge round shield :wink:
I thought the sword sort of looked like a Brickarms creation. The shield--How? Is that a round decal, or painted...?
The legs aren't that hard to remove, are they? Just push the red pin out sidewards (with a toothpick or whatever you have handy) and the legs basically fall off... at least that's what I've done to a FabFig (is this term trademarked already?) once.
Getting the pin out is the problem. Some of them can be a little stiff, and stuck in place because of something like heat.

I thought the sword sort of looked like a Brickarms creation. The shield--How? Is that a round decal, or painted...?

I'd guess it's a round decal, with notches cut in the sides to stop it crinkling when applied.

The mix of minifig and fabuland works really well for Matthias there, Hound Knight. Any chance you'll be doing Cornflower et all? Only trouble is the hare doesn't quite inspire the fear of the Long Patrol! :laugh:

Brickarms sword (out of production, I think) and Brickforge round shield :wink:

Yes, I plan to try and create some of the other characters as well. :sweet: And you're quite right about the sword and shield. :grin:

I'd guess it's a round decal, with notches cut in the sides to stop it crinkling when applied.

Right again!

Brickarms sword (out of production, I think)

Very close: it's a prototype Will cut during the development of what eventually became the BrickArms Damien Blade. Will produced a few different prototypes based on that concept, but based on the feedback received on them, it was clear folks were most interested in the Damien Blade (smaller blade, more detailed cross guard).

Here is a really amazing site from a really good friend of mine devoted to Fabuland sets and many rare store displays.

visit the awesome website!

Thanks for the link :wub: :wub: :wub: . In the deep of my heart I keep on being a Fabuland fan as I was as a child.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

I was just noticing that the Fabuland Baguette is back and in Tan, if I am correct this is the first time it has been offered in tan since Fabuland sets 3667 and 3708. You can get this baguette in sets 2824 LEGO City Advent Calendar and Winter Village Bakery 10216. In LEGO Games 3840 Pirate Code there is a Fabuland treasure chest in reddish brown, although not the original brown it is also the first time offered in this colour. I have noticed that while playing LEGO Harry Potter they use this chest a lot throughout the game. So we know the moulds still are around. Could one of the ambassadors ask LEGO if they are ever going to bring this theme back? I would be happy with one set, anything would be nice!

I was just noticing that the Fabuland Baguette is back and in Tan, if I am correct this is the first time it has been offered in tan since Fabuland sets 3667 and 3708. You can get this baguette in sets 2824 LEGO City Advent Calendar and Winter Village Bakery 10216. In LEGO Games 3840 Pirate Code there is a Fabuland treasure chest in reddish brown, although not the original brown it is also the first time offered in this colour. I have noticed that while playing LEGO Harry Potter they use this chest a lot throughout the game. So we know the moulds still are around. Could one of the ambassadors ask LEGO if they are ever going to bring this theme back? I would be happy with one set, anything would be nice!

I think it was in Cafe Corner or Market Street. It is nice to see it used again, but it has been back in production for a couple of years. I'd like to see even more come back into production, though. There were some excellent classy molds in this line. :cry_happy: So beautiful...

I think it was in Cafe Corner or Market Street. It is nice to see it used again, but it has been back in production for a couple of years.

Nope, Market Street had croissants, no baguettes. It appears to be used in some Belville sets only after Fabuland, until now that is.

Nope, Market Street had croissants, no baguettes. It appears to be used in some Belville sets only after Fabuland, until now that is.

Cool so we have the baguette in tan again, so happy, now I can have some fresh bread for my MOC's. We also have the return of the Fabuland brooms thanks to the return of Harry Potter, We already have cauldrons from Castle, and some chairs and a jug in the Belville Sunshine home. We need to seriously do something to convince LEGO to bring this theme back. Everytime I write to them requesting the return I always get a generic response of "blah blah blah, themes may come back". We should start a "Bring back Fabuland Campaign" anyone interested?

Edited by durge74

Ah my mistake. Thought I had seen it somewhere though. Belville. Cool. Thanks, Rick.

Well, since I would enter in the Guild, I'm working on a (I hope pretty) Fabuland MOC. Being everytime busy, I fear my work will be very slow :sad: . My other MOCs I'm working on (a 1940s style gas station in minifig size and a Technic car with MT body) are stalled again, so I don't know when I may propose you my future creation.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

Odd that the additions have no pictures... :look:

EDIT: Probably because you typed in sirnadroj instead of hinckley :tongue:

Odd that the additions have no pictures... :look:

EDIT: Probably because you typed in sirnadroj instead of hinckley :tongue:

Sonofa... that's what I get for reusing code. :laugh:

I'm also missing my own set review and my decals are listed as 'imperialshadows'.

Woohoo, I love me some indexing! :laugh:

Woohoo, I love me some indexing! :laugh:

...and the links are still messed up at the bottom of the index!

(also, could you add this one? Thanks :classic:)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but which is the official TLG Color ID for "Fabuland Brown". In BrickLink it has color ID "106".

Sorry if this has been asked before, but which is the official TLG Color ID for "Fabuland Brown". In BrickLink it has color ID "106".

I have no idea. Since it's long gone from the official color palette, I can't check my sources. Hmmmm...how to find out... :look: