Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[COR - FB] Wooden Shack

Looks more like a guarded storehouse disguised as a "residence" to me...  What be yee hidin in thar shack wit nay winders me boy?  An ifin yee not hidin why for does it need guardin?

Ooc:

I like the way you've tried to replicate the old sawbuck shacks.  As few of them had windows as glass was scarce. The chimney fits well into the build.   My only "gripe" is the lack of surrounding vegetation.   But I suppose we could chalk that up to clear cutting practices of early logging!  

Nice shack! I somehow enjoy the lime green subtle touch. As @Roadmonkeytj said, I am curious as to why a guard is posted outside a "residence"... Ah, those Corries never seize to amaze me... :iamded_lol:

13 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

What be yee hidin in thar shack wit nay winders me boy

Windows are expensive! 

Apart from the guard outside, the complete lack of windows makes this look very "un-residency". I mean: who would like to live in this?

Great build though! :thumbup:

On 3/30/2019 at 7:00 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice shack, especially good work with the chimney !

Thanks!

On 3/30/2019 at 8:38 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Looks more like a guarded storehouse disguised as a "residence" to me...  What be yee hidin in thar shack wit nay winders me boy?  An ifin yee not hidin why for does it need guardin?

Ooc:

I like the way you've tried to replicate the old sawbuck shacks.  As few of them had windows as glass was scarce. The chimney fits well into the build.   My only "gripe" is the lack of surrounding vegetation.   But I suppose we could chalk that up to clear cutting practices of early logging!  

Wouldn't you like to know?!

The early settlement is built upon the beach for now, hence the mostly sandy terrain.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:36 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice shack! I somehow enjoy the lime green subtle touch. As @Roadmonkeytj said, I am curious as to why a guard is posted outside a "residence"... Ah, those Corries never seize to amaze me... :iamded_lol:

He is on patrol while the villagers are hard at work, you fellows seem to get awfully worried rather quick :pir-look:

23 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Windows are expensive! 

Indeed, plus some people like their privacy - away from people who question if they are hiding black market goods in there. Whoops, did I say that?

20 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Apart from the guard outside, the complete lack of windows makes this look very "un-residency". I mean: who would like to live in this?

Great build though! :thumbup:

Thanks! Needs must I suppose. Maybe more civilians would have helped sell the "residence" term better.

20 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Nice shack, eye for detail

Thank you!