Sign in to follow this  
m3eu

Spotted: life size Lego McLaren Senna

Is this the next model after the Porsche or Bugatti?

https://www.autovisie.nl/nieuws/deze-mclaren-senna-is-loodzwaar

Eventhough the site is dutch the pictures are clear for us all.

If I understand correctly there are 467.854 parts and after 2.725 hours of building this 1700kg model was made... Impressive building indeed

Edited by I_Igor

2 hours ago, m3eu said:

Is this the next model after the Porsche or Bugatti?

https://www.autovisie.nl/nieuws/deze-mclaren-senna-is-loodzwaar 

Eventhough the site is dutch the pictures are clear for us all.

Great find.  Though I doubt it is evidence of a model following the Porsche or Bugatti.  Doesn't look like it was built by TLG affiliates.  Also, does TLG already have a McLaren license? If not that would mean yet another license from a huge auto maker.  Which is possible but man, that would be something but unlikely

37 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

does TLG already have a McLaren license?

There is already a smaller set with this exact model => 75892. So yes I assume the license part is already taken care of.

The text doesn't clearly state if the model is build by LEGO or affiliate...it does however state 42 people took part in the development and building the model...

@I_Igor: your understanding is correct.

Perhaps we could expect McLaren in Vette scale one day; who knows...

@m3eu I understand German very well (and of course have learned English during my education for 13 years) and it has some similarities with Dutch.

Regards

Edited by I_Igor

https://www.cnbctv18.com/videos/auto/mclaren-senna-remade-out-of-lego-2774031.htm

Okay so I eat my words.  At least this video makes it sound as if TLG DID in fact team up with McLaren to produce this build.  Don't want to hype this up too much or be dramatic, but if this is the case then I really am wondering if the next Lego hypercar is the Senna.  Why would TLG go to the trouble of creating the car out of Lego if indeed there was not some marketing benefit in it for them?

Edited by nerdsforprez

One thing that makes me think it won't be the next big Technic car, is that the life-sized version is realized in Brick form not Technic. So maybe Creator Expert would be really cool. 

This is like a lot of the larger scale or 1:1 models TLG often builds. Remember there is a Speed Champions version of the Senna our at the moment so this is most probably just a marketing tie in to that. I wouldn’t take this as sign of the next Technic UCS car, especially as they’re normally done with Technic teasers.

Thanks all for the clarification.  I don't pay attention much to non-technic genres.  What everyone mentioned makes a lot of sense.  Likely not an indication of what is to come.  Which, IMO, is a good thing.  The two UCS hyper-cars models we have received thus far have not been smashing successes, at least not by the standards of most on this site.