Sign in to follow this  
Inyongbricks

It seems that lepin is going to copy MOC designs

I have been designing MOCs using lego sets and selling instructions on Rebrickable.

However, someone told me on Rebrickable that lepin has stolen my one of MOCs.

As soon as I found this, I was totally shocked.

Since, Lego won a case against them,

It seems that they are trying to sell their Grand emporiums using my Alternative MOC.

What can I do with this?

I informed this to Lego group though, Still, I feel terrible and anxious with this.

(I'm not sure this is right place to post it)

Hi, 

I am so sorry to hear that Lepin stole your MOC. I would have told The Lego Group too, but beyond that I don't know what you should do.

Yeah they have been doing this a lot lately, though it totally blows when it's one of your own. I am not sure what you can do about it though, since I have minimal understanding of copyright laws and such. I have heard of them actually paying others for their moc plans, maybe contact them somehow. Not really very promising though and it seems like nowadays the little guy gets no satisfaction unless they have a team of high powered lawyers. 

Sorry for the big bump, but this is awful. This "company" is so shitty. Especially since you're trying to make money off your work and they're most likely circumventing potential buyers. One of the many reasons I'm never buying a product of theirs despite how much cheaper they are. Shame on people who support them. And chinas gotta get their shit together and prevent "companies" like this who exist purely by stealing other peoples intellectual property from existing. 

On 3/29/2019 at 8:52 AM, Inyongbricks said:
I have been designing MOCs using lego sets and selling instructions on Rebrickable.

However, someone told me on Rebrickable that lepin has stolen my one of MOCs.

As soon as I found this, I was totally shocked.

Since, Lego won a case against them,

It seems that they are trying to sell their Grand emporiums using my Alternative MOC.

What can I do with this?

I informed this to Lego group though, Still, I feel terrible and anxious with this.

(I'm not sure this is right place to post it)

If you haven’t gotten much, I remembered this happening a few years back with a Barnes & Noble Starbucks Lepin stole from Ideas. It was by @wooootles. I don’t know if anything ever came of it, but maybe he can help you out.